+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans' Forum [September 2021]

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    No. But has Laddo suggested, factoring in Mansfield, Lincoln, Coventry and the reduced pricing games would account for a very large portion.
    It doesn't. If a club brings 2,000 away supporters, it add a grand total of 87 to the season's average.

As I've said, offers were restricted and reduced prices brought us in line with the average.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Presumably most or even all clubs do offers. All things weighed up, that graphic probably did provide a general idea of who's charging the most and who's charging the least. It's to be expected that Notts would be charging among the highest prices having dropped from tier 3 to tier 5 in four years, but also - seeing we've had the highest average gate in the league (2019/20) paying among the highest prices - I'd have also expected Notts to be properly challenging for top spot. Doesn't always work out that way due to mismanagement. The chief crime of the Reedtz bros obviously sticking with a dud manager. Remains to be seen if they've replaced him with somebody significantly better enough to make a difference.

Current 5th tier PPG
    Ardley 1.70
    Burchnall 1.63
    You really 'seem' to have got it in for our owners (and perhaps the club in general) of late UTM, what's happened?

It doesn't. If a club brings 2,000 away supporters, it add a grand total of 87 to the season's average.

As I've said, offers were restricted and reduced prices brought us in line with the average.
    I'm afraid you are really missing the point.

Is the overall conclusion that Notts attendances have fallen as expected since dropping out of the football league but by no way near as much as some predicted. To be averaging over 5000 every season is a tremendous effort from loyal supporters of any age.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    You really 'seem' to have got it in for our owners (and perhaps the club in general) of late UTM, what's happened?

I haven't got it in for the owners at all. I made a fairly innocuous post on Tuesday, acknowledging things could change in the coming weeks (which is a reasonably strong possibility) whilst stating the basic facts of where we are at in the here and now.

I've just fully realised this week what I've suspected deep down for some time. They aren't loaded, or they're not loaded to the point they can increase the probability of taking top spot beyond what the supporters are doing in turning up in decent numbers paying top end prices. Which is a shame, we've had 20 years now of owners who haven't got any real funds to inject into the club. OK the Reedtz aren't spending money we haven't got, unlike former owners, but it would have been nice to have owners who can spend money they have got to actually get us somewhere.

What we've evidently got are owners who can keep the club ticking along in tier 5 around the mid-lower play off zone most of the time, some weeks a few places higher or lower, but mostly 4th/5th/6th. There's no evidence so far they can do better than that or that we wouldn't go back to being a struggling 4th tier outfit if they managed to get us promoted.

We might win the next three games and we'll be 1st or close to. Then I'd have a different perspective. Then again we might not and it will be business as usual.

As MDS said, underwhelmed so far and gradually losing hope that we will be promoted out of this league before the next change of ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'm afraid you are really missing the point.

Is the overall conclusion that Notts attendances have fallen as expected since dropping out of the football league but by no way near as much as some predicted. To be averaging over 5000 every season is a tremendous effort from loyal supporters of any age.
    If that was the only point being made, I agree, but it wasn't.

"OK the Reedtz aren't spending money we haven't got, unlike former owners..."

That bit of your post is key, the most important bit by far and should be in bold and/or underlined IMO.

Nobody is happy with being 4-6th in NL and I'd be furious if the owners or head coach are.

If your prediciton/concerns are correct and there is a new owner let's hope we don't revert to Notts County type and have a media loving chairman who's great at drumming up publicity, making fantastic offers, increasing attendances and a good feeling at the club whilst Rome (Meadow Lane) burns in the background behind a smiling charlatan.

Our previous owner was the footballing equivalent of Mayor Vaughn in the movie Jaws.

That bit of your post is key, the most important bit by far and should be in bold and/or underlined IMO.

Nobody is happy with being 4-6th in NL and I'd be furious if the owners or head coach are.

If your prediciton/concerns are correct and there is a new owner let's hope we don't revert to Notts County type and have a media loving chairman who's great at drumming up publicity, making fantastic offers, increasing attendances and a good feeling at the club whilst Rome (Meadow Lane) burns in the background behind a smiling charlatan.

Our previous owner was the footballing equivalent of Mayor Vaughn in the movie Jaws.
    I do like your jaws comparison.!🤣

Trying to get this round my head, not the calc above. The attendance in our last game against Mansfield, I maybe wrong, was 12000 plus? Lincoln 10000 plus. Granted I’ve picked out the 2 standout fixtures. But, away followings in L2 v away followings in NL must have significant bearing on the average attendance? Im shocked we had an average of over 7k in our final FL season.

Based on what you believe to be correct, what would you estimate the fall in Notts support to be? Not the average attendance.

Thinking aloud, probably not possible to get an accurate figure.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Trying to get this round my head, not the calc above. The attendance in our last game against Mansfield, I maybe wrong, was 12000 plus? Lincoln 10000 plus. Granted I’ve picked out the 2 standout fixtures. But, away followings in L2 v away followings in NL must have significant bearing on the average attendance? Im shocked we had an average of over 7k in our final FL season.

Based on what you believe to be correct, what would you estimate the fall in Notts support to be? Not the average attendance.

Thinking aloud, probably not possible to get an accurate figure.

Interesting.

I haven't got the away figures but I'd take a wild guess the average away support in L2 would be about 750? What's the NL - 250?
    If so, we'd be 500 down on away support so we're probably looking at around 1,800 lost from the numbers Hardy managed to add or bring back, but compared to Trew in tier 4 we've still managed to retain some of the support for Hardy and that some of those who became totally disillusioned under Trew haven't lost faith under the Reedtz as yet.

Where has this come from that the brothers don't have any real money to spend, or that new owners are on the way?

I am much happier in the play-offs as we are (and will be I think) rather than wondering what the next court date will be.

I do have some concerns that we are trying to play football not suited to this league all the time (we need to mix it up) but I am generally happy with the way that things are going, I'm impressed with IB and the way he conducts himself and despite my previous comment, I think that with a few tweaks we will be pressing for promotion, one way or the other.

COYP!

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast