+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well Warne might get stick, but that’s part of the game and what he gets paid for
    You are correct in saying that getting stick is what PW gets paid for Grist, but surely at this stage of the season every club in a promotion/relegation/play off battle, not just ours, will target certain games as being more important than others and therefore attempt to try and make sure that they can turn their best side out? or do you think, like some do, that we should play our best side regardless?
    Probably comparing our plight with others is wrong because I am just talking about this coming week in which we have what I would term as bigger games in a very short space of time and the choice would be to protect 2 or 3 players for the major game but obviously you and some others dont agree, It's all about opinions UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I know this won’t be a popular opinion but I think Hirst has the potential to be that player. I don’t feel we play to his strengths with quick breaks and high balls into the box or giving him 15 minutes when we’re already 2 down.

I think he could thrive off of decent crosses and some passing and moving around the box.
    I see you started early on th Deedar double....

Our next 4 games are at home all winnable so play strongest side possible for each game. Apart from Norwich Brentford Watford perhaps Swansea championship can't be that good if Barnsley are in the top 6!

I will grab 4 points from the 2 game and be ecstatic

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I know this won’t be a popular opinion but I think Hirst has the potential to be that player. I don’t feel we play to his strengths with quick breaks and high balls into the box or giving him 15 minutes when we’re already 2 down.

I think he could thrive off of decent crosses and some passing and moving around the box.
    Sorry buddy but I can't see where this lad hopes to come good. He needs some lower League experience to get his mojo going, that's if he has one?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Full pelt? �� it takes us ten minutes to throw a ball in etc

Warney knows (well I bloody hope he does) who is more than capable, they did have international break
    That is a football wide problem and b****y frustrating! Throw ins should be like basketball, you have 5 seconds to get it in or lose possession. Maybe make it 10 in football but it does take forever.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    That is a football wide problem and b****y frustrating! Throw ins should be like basketball, you have 5 seconds to get it in or lose possession. Maybe make it 10 in football but it does take forever.
    I understand it sometimes but even when we’re losing we’ve been slow in picking the ball up and throwing it straight in, I’ve been know to shout at our players to hurry up

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Sorry buddy but I can't see where this lad hopes to come good. He needs some lower League experience to get his mojo going, that's if he has one?
    Have to agree, we've basically played the whole season with 2 strikers in the squad. Nothing against the lad but the loan has been an absolute disaster. Might as well have kept Kayode or paid someone really fit to run around, same production. Could of got a marathon runner in to just run all game instead.

Hirst is far going to be a better player than Kayode by just looking at them imo bit I’d gladly applaud Kayode if/when he proves me wrong and I hope he does

Worrabout hudders corners on Saturday. I have never seen corners taken so slowly.its not as though they had to time waste either. Dunno what it was all about to be honest.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast