+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 156 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Do you think Boris Johnson just ignores him?
    I dont think boris does anything that doesn't improve his chances of leading a tory government post brexit, he seems to be the only one right now playing the game well.

My own position now - and I think it's common among remainers - is that I want out the EU but I want to keep good trading relations. However, the stumbling block is NI, a province that ironically voted to remain.
    Throughout this fred, the back stop is not even mentioned. What does that tell you?

... what it tells you, Snobhead 2, is that we couldn't give a flying f for the NI parasites who screw the Gov for anything they can get. Let them vote to join Eire, then there would be no border problem. I would be happy to have as many current NI residents as wish to apply for mainland residence over here, or Scotland (which may be their preference, given their orange history.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    My own position now - and I think it's common among remainers - is that I want out the EU but I want to keep good trading relations. However, the stumbling block is NI, a province that ironically voted to remain.
    Throughout this fred, the back stop is not even mentioned. What does that tell you?
    I t tells you that the average person doesnt see it as a big deal as the politicians would have us believe it is, there are other non members that have open borders, it was a spoiling tactic used by the EU to cause problems for the UK when negotiatiing a deal in the hope that they'd get all upset and change their minds, if anything it has made people more stubborn to leave and sod the EU

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I t tells you that the average person doesnt see it as a big deal as the politicians would have us believe it is, there are other non members that have open borders, it was a spoiling tactic used by the EU to cause problems for the UK when negotiatiing a deal in the hope that they'd get all upset and change their minds, if anything it has made people more stubborn to leave and sod the EU
    Which non members have “open borders” for goods?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... what it tells you, Snobhead 2, is that we couldn't give a flying f for the NI parasites who screw the Gov for anything they can get. Let them vote to join Eire, then there would be no border problem. I would be happy to have as many current NI residents as wish to apply for mainland residence over here, or Scotland (which may be their preference, given their orange history.
    500 British soldiers were killed in the Troubles but really no one gives a f00k about it?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Which non members have “open borders” for goods?
    i never said for goods you added that bit to try and make your point, Switzerland and Norway

Master stroke by Boris for the following reasons:
    We will be out on the 31st October
    If Parliament legislates to stop no deal, the PM can constitutionally refuse to to enact the bill until it’s too late
    If Parliament passes a no confidence motion there is no constitutional precedence allowing others to form a government. The fixed term Parliament Act is clear. It just gives the PM 14 days to gain a confidence vote or there will be an election. There is no mention of an alternative Government, that needs an election.
    Any election will take place AFTER we have exited the EU.
    Boris will win the election by a landslide.

Remoaners have left it too late. The horse has already bolted.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Master stroke by Boris for the following reasons:
    We will be out on the 31st October
    If Parliament legislates to stop no deal, the PM can constitutionally refuse to to enact the bill until it’s too late
    If Parliament passes a no confidence motion there is no constitutional precedence allowing others to form a government. The fixed term Parliament Act is clear. It just gives the PM 14 days to gain a confidence vote or there will be an election. There is no mention of an alternative Government, that needs an election.
    Any election will take place AFTER we have exited the EU.
    Boris will win the election by a landslide.

Remoaners have left it too late. The horse has already bolted.
    I agreed with all that,then I said hangon its jonnyt1 and we know his record.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    i never said for goods you added that bit to try and make your point, Switzerland and Norway
    It was you who claimed that non members have ‘open borders’. If that doesn’t include goods they aren’t open. That’s why the NI border is a big issue.

Page 13 of 156 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast