+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Burton Albion - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Thats a very serious reply Clive lol, but your right of course.
    Its just strange how the fixtures work out that your team play two of our rivals in these two christmas games.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You do spin a good yarn Jimmy my boy! "Turned it around"???? Did you actually watch the whole match, not just the bits on YouTube?

We were incredibly lucky to go in just one down at half time. If Burtons attack had been just slightly more on song it could easily have been 3 or 4. Wiedwalds positional play was as appalling as it usually is, the saves he made my long dead grandmother could have bettered. Burtons ineptitude was our saviour, not the defence (who collectively were poor, allowing way too many opportunities from the limited amount of possession they had).

The two goals were sublime, and maybe folks will get of Hernandez back for the odd game he doesn't turn up fully for, when he can out them away like he did Saturday and yesterday? Then through ball from Vieira was equally stunning and the touch from Roofes what we are coming to expect from him on a regular basis. But please, let's not imagine we played like the team that put 5 past them at ER.

Long may the wins continue, but we need a better GK and I agree with others about the need for a REAL captain/midfield general (not that I expect either to materialise, more likely some punt on an unknown from Greece or Albania).

Oh and Cuba is next June and Costa Rica in September, in case you're interested. 😉
    Don't know what game you were watching but 65% of possession away from home is good going no matter who the opposition is !!!

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    Don't know what game you were watching but 65% of possession away from home is good going no matter who the opposition is !!!
    And how many shots on goal? We can argue stats all day, fact is we weren't the team that put 5 past them at ER, not by a wide.margin.

We put 2 past them & got the 3 points - end of !!!

You do spin a good yarn Jimmy my boy! "Turned it around"???? Did you actually watch the whole match, not just the bits on YouTube?

We were incredibly lucky to go in just one down at half time. If Burtons attack had been just slightly more on song it could easily have been 3 or 4. Wiedwalds positional play was as appalling as it usually is, the saves he made my long dead grandmother could have bettered. Burtons ineptitude was our saviour, not the defence (who collectively were poor, allowing way too many opportunities from the limited amount of possession they had).

The two goals were sublime, and maybe folks will get of Hernandez back for the odd game he doesn't turn up fully for, when he can out them away like he did Saturday and yesterday? Then through ball from Vieira was equally stunning and the touch from Roofes what we are coming to expect from him on a regular basis. But please, let's not imagine we played like the team that put 5 past them at ER.

Long may the wins continue, but we need a better GK and I agree with others about the need for a REAL captain/midfield general (not that I expect either to materialise, more likely some punt on an unknown from Greece or Albania).

Oh and Cuba is next June and Costa Rica in September, in case you're interested. 😉

So Cuba in June WTF11 .................

Well that's a shame 'cos I've just had the guest room refurbished for your anticipated visit to Loire Valley and shall have to procrastinate now on showing you the dark craft of what the 'wise old ladies of Loire' do with stale baguettes to their men folk of discerning rebellious tongues ................ maybe Autumn then WTF 11 and for June I'll pencil in Jez ?

Regarding the game I note your 'constructive' honest view of events and highlighting key moments which I applaud but suspect Felix will be firmly clamped by the 'testicle cuffs' for the foreseeable future regarding any comment to his performance from you.

MOT

When exactly are you going to quit droning on about your dead grandmothers goalkeeping exploits.... Felix got a hand to divert the ball in the last minute melee I doubt anybody brown bread even in someway related to you would struggle to get too.

When exactly did we become a club who have players who put in flawless displays week in/week out? And if we haven't we just remove the "offending" player with a new better option seamlessly? It's the Championship, where the best players will average a little over 7.5 out of 10, likely varying from 5.5 to 9.5 over the season ..you're not sitting in some West End Theatre having paid your money waiting to be entertained watching some pre rehearsed routine with some predictable happy ever after ending.
    Maybe your mixing up real life football with the X-Box, or did we suddenly morph into the new Citeh with all it's human rights loving sovereign wealth?

Every week we are someone's cup final, for the first time we came from a goal down to win. Yes and much different to the game at ER, for a start the pitch is smaller and we were without the influential Saiz.

Great to see you calling for folk to get off at least one players back

ALAW?

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    We put 2 past them & got the 3 points - end of !!!
    Exactly or maybe we can let TC know that next time we are behind in a game, unless we can muster at least 20 shots on target and win tell the lads not to bother . WTF you are a joke 😂

Sometimes in Football you just have to accept that you have won while not at your best..and move on
    Last edited by Rev72; 28-12-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

So Cuba in June WTF11 .................

Well that's a shame 'cos I've just had the guest room refurbished for your anticipated visit to Loire Valley and shall have to procrastinate now on showing you the dark craft of what the 'wise old ladies of Loire' do with stale baguettes to their men folk of discerning rebellious tongues ................ maybe Autumn then WTF 11 and for June I'll pencil in Jez ?

Regarding the game I note your 'constructive' honest view of events and highlighting key moments which I applaud but suspect Felix will be firmly clamped by the 'testicle cuffs' for the foreseeable future regarding any comment to his performance from you.

MOT
    No thanks. I'm still waiting for you to deal with equating reasonable criticism with disgraceful trolling. You can joke all you like but that's what you did, and it's not acceptable when this is a forum for discussion and debate.

Offer stands unlike you who cannot get back up after my knock down blow.
    Get up and fight back for right to equate not give in just 'cos I disagree.
    A sense of humour is also required for this Forum take note as is balanced reason too.
    MOT

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)