+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Deadline Day rumours/gossip/ or fact,

I think we are now at a point at the club that is very similar to the period where James and Patrick started working together to identify young players that were going under the radar.

They were successful - hence that success attracting Chien Lee and the consortium to buy into the club.

Unfortunately they killed the goose laying the golden eggs.
    So we are now back to a period before they entered the building.
    But with one massive change - the new leadership have the potential to make things happen.
    There’s still some tidying up to do behind the scenes which Duff alluded to in an interview a couple of weeks ago - but they will make things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I think we are now at a point at the club that is very similar to the period where James and Patrick started working together to identify young players that were going under the radar.

They were successful - hence that success attracting Chien Lee and the consortium to buy into the club.

Unfortunately they killed the goose laying the golden eggs.
    So we are now back to a period before they entered the building.
    But with one massive change - the new leadership have the potential to make things happen.
    There’s still some tidying up to do behind the scenes which Duff alluded to in an interview a couple of weeks ago - but they will make things happen.
    I’ve heard Ducks fart before…..

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Well I reckon he’s a replacement for Williams and the young lad Wellens from Man Utd will be back-up for him.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I"m sorry Pass but you are disrespecting the lad , why do you not give him a chance before you write him off , we have had plenty of no hopers here before who have turned out to be decent players & as for Duff seeking employment elsewhere I feel sure he would have known the score before he took the gig & up to now they have not sold off the family silver this window like they have done in the past .

You're missing my point Shadrack. I'm not writing the lad off, I'm writing the club off. We are looking for a possible promotion here and our head coach has worked wonders to get us into a favourable position to challenge for that. His reward is an unknown who's fallen out of favour with Shamrock Rovers. What I'm saying is that we surely need to be setting our bar much higher than that and backing Michael Duff by showing some ambition and building on the excellent work that he's done by adding some experience and some credible players to our squad in this window. To put it into perspective-This is the kind of deal Southend or Oldham would probably be looking to do at present- non league outfits taking a gamble. We ain't non league though although if the height of our ambition is handing our excellent head coach 20k gambles when the club is handily placed, we may be heading that way. I very much doubt that this lad was on the radar of Ipswich, Plymouth, Wednesday or Derby.

There's still time in this window for the club to back our head coach and make me eat my words. 'Spectemur Agendo' as Parekh sez

So then - we can all agree the gates at Oakwell will be permanently chained up at the end of the month.
    Ez tha heard summat Nudge ?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    You're missing my point Shadrack. I'm not writing the lad off, I'm writing the club off. We are looking for a possible promotion here and our head coach has worked wonders to get us into a favourable position to challenge for that. His reward is an unknown who's fallen out of favour with Shamrock Rovers. What I'm saying is that we surely need to be setting our bar much higher than that and backing Michael Duff by showing some ambition and building on the excellent work that he's done by adding some experience and some credible players to our squad in this window. To put it into perspective-This is the kind of deal Southend or Oldham would probably be looking to do at present- non league outfits taking a gamble. We ain't non league though although if the height of our ambition is handing our excellent head coach 20k gambles when the club is handily placed, we may be heading that way. I very much doubt that this lad was on the radar of Ipswich, Plymouth, Wednesday or Derby.

There's still time in this window for the club to back our head coach and make me eat my words. 'Spectemur Agendo' as Parekh sez
    Those are my thoughts Pass.

The perfect time for the new Board to dip into their own pockets and invest £400K in an in form striker that Duff has had some input in identifying. The perfect time to back Duff.

Get on the phone to the family back in India Parekh. Tweet from across the Atlantic Julie with news of hedge fund investment.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Those are my thoughts Pass.

The perfect time for the new Board to dip into their own pockets and invest £400K in an in form striker that Duff has had some input in identifying. The perfect time to back Duff.

Get on the phone to the family back in India Parekh. Tweet from across the Atlantic Julie with news of hedge fund investment.
    Who is this striker SB ? who ever it is could it be possible to get him on loan ? this is not a smart comment , I have not seen who we are linked with .

Who is this striker SB ? who ever it is could it be possible to get him on loan ? this is not a smart comment , I have not seen who we are linked with .
    Duff will have one or two in mind he would love the club to have a go at bringing in. Back Duff !

3 things Shads …..
    As SB has said - this would be the ideal time to bring in that striker that we are missing.
    The directors will obviously understand this.

The directors have said there is money to spend in January.
    Maybe more to spend on a striker now they have only spent £20K so far on filling the right wingback position that they said needed filling.

Which ever player the club is after I would be surprised if before hand we hear the name of that player.
    Duff has said there are lots of plates spinning.
    If that striker dosent appear by the end of the window it will not be because they haven’t tried hard enough to get him over the line.

3 things Shads …..
    As SB has said - this would be the ideal time to bring in that striker that we are missing.
    The directors will obviously understand this.

The directors have said there is money to spend in January.
    Maybe more to spend on a striker now they have only spent £20K so far on filling the right wingback position that they said needed filling.

Which ever player the club is after I would be surprised if before hand we hear the name of that player.
    Duff has said there are lots of plates spinning.
    If that striker dosent appear by the end of the window it will not be because they haven’t tried hard enough to get him over the line.
    Its me, I am confused as I thought from reading this thread that we had lined up a proven striker at 400k , but am I right , we havn"t . I am not sure in todays market where you find such a player at that price but hey ho lets hope we find one ,although I would think that everyone in our division will be looking for the same player but my bad I thought I had missed who we were linked with .

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast