+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Independence Referendum

re: The Independence Referendum

As an interested expat, our media is probably more balanced and what we see is a tsunami of the whole British establishment to scaremonger, spread half truths or lies and bring all the forces that it can muster from the city of London ,to brow beat and cause fear.
    If Scotland wasn't important to the British coffers and a drain on resources of Westminster , why the frantic hysteria of the past few days?
    some of the comments from English commentators border on the offensive and hysterical 'you mad jocks' english people demanding to know how you can vote without they too getting a vote on you being allowed to break their 'family'
    Self determination it appears is only for foreign people.
    Democracy is a strange thing when you have every (it appears) newspaper and media outlet against you, when you have every financial institution owned by the government coming out against yes.
    I fear that fear is the key to this referendum and they will scare you, till you think it was all a mad idea.
    Yet

Stuart Cosgrove on BBC referendum bias. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by RobQos
    Stuart Cosgrove on BBC referendum bias.
    3 blatant BBC lies on their 10 o'clock news tonight.

Nick Robinson showed himself asking Alex Salmond the question about the RBS and said that Alex Salmond never answered the question and then the scene stopped - see link below for what actually happened.

It was also stated that RBS headquarters would move to England when in fact it would be their Registered Office.

Lloyds Bank were also mentioned who have both their headquarters and registered office in England.

The UK government are calling in some huge favours of the BBC which is becoming more corrupt as each day passes

What all this shows is how easy it is to fool the public and spread fear. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by BigIain
    Stuart Cosgrove on BBC referendum bias.
    3 blatant BBC lies on their 10 o'clock news tonight.

Nick Robinson showed himself asking Alex Salmond the question about the RBS and said that Alex Salmond never answered the question and then the scene stopped - see link below for what actually happened.

It was also stated that RBS headquarters would move to England when in fact it would be their Registered Office.

Lloyds Bank were also mentioned who have both their headquarters and registered office in England.

The UK government are calling in some huge favours of the BBC which is becoming more corrupt as each day passes

What all this shows is how easy it is to fool the public and spread fear.[/quote]

Nick Robinson/BBC has shown unbelievable bias.

Makes you wonder what else they exclude from the news if it doesn’t suit their agenda?

Link below, shows both clips. - [url=http://wingsov

Point of information - Lloyds does have it's registered office in Scotland, on the Mound in Edinburgh, but it's just a brass plaque. It wouldn't make a jot of difference if it was moved to London where Lloyds HQ is.

Galloway didn't help the No campaign much with his performance last night, banging on about the war and how we'd all have been speaking German had it not been for the Union, a bit like how they're all speaking English in Dusseldorf and Munich at the moment I guess? We'll all doubtless be speaking Russian as soon as we ship Trident back down the road. Hard on the heels of Prescott's exhortation for us to join forces on the football field and cuff the Germans, the No camp seem weirdly fixated with all things Teutonic. David Cameron will be urging us to back a UK Dream Team of Rhydian, Darius and Joe McElderry to rout the Bosh at the Eurovision Song Contest next.

Galloway's grasp of economics was interesting too. As the ever-increasing demand for energy fails to be met by t

Let the Banks move their HQs. Nearly all of them are owned by the UK anyway, are mired up to their neck in debt and corruption. They should have been allowed to fail back in 2008.

Look at Iceland, they jailed the bankers and now their economy is booming. Business is business..if Asda move then someone else will move in and hoover up the 5million customers available.

Vote Yes and lose jobs?? ...what the hell has been happening in DFS and G since the sixties?

With the full £57-60 billion tax take now raised (plus 90% of North Sea Oil and 100% of West of Shetland new fields) in Scotland being spent and invested here, not Westminster...how can we not have more jobs?

The SNP want 3% growth p.a...not a lot compare to other countries,...but better than subsisting on a Barnet formula handout of less than £30 billion (soon to be cut).

You may not like the SNP or Salmond, but with PR we will get the governments we actually vote for.

If you trust Darling (house flipper and paid pack £9000

As arguably the most momentous day in our colourful history approaches may I thank you all for obeying the rules and keeping the debate on here reasonably clean.

The amount of bile spouted on the Social Media has already reached saturation levels and some of it is quite disturbing creating divisions which will stain this country for ever.

I would advise you all to vote what you think is best for Scotland and show respect for your fellow Scots who may not share the same view on Independence.

Leaving political views aside for one moment, what is everyone predictions ?

My bet is YES will romp home.

Yes 46% / No 54%

In the Dumfries area, canvassing seems to be showing a roughly even split, with about 30% still undecided last time I heard which was about ten days ago. The undecideds seem to be largely people who want to vote Yes but have doubts (hardly surprising given the disgraceful mainstream media blitz, and I include the BBC in that). They are just needing some reassurance, and frankly moving them in the direction of Yes has been fairly easy. I think the Wee Blue book has worked wonders too. I don't see many undecided voters who are moving towards No although I'm sure there will be some who will chicken out.

I think there will be a Yes vote. I wasn't that confident three months ago but something has changed. People have realised that they are being lied to on an epic scale by conventional media sources, and once they had it confirmed by Alistair Darling that Better Together had been lying about currency, the dam broke. People thought "If they have been forced to admit lying about that,

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)