+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Takeover What Do You Want To See ?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Huddersfield managed it fairly well last season. Brentford have managed it for 3 seasons and they're a smaller club than us. It's not impossible.

Nar the possibility or should i say probability of the club going bankrupt and being liquidated so we can 'compete' in this modern day football malarkey is a he'll of a price to pay for trying to be stylish.

It's all a bit short sighted for me. The club is run on good principles at the minute. Summat we should be proud of. If a group of fans is able to take the decision making on and continue the work started by Cryne then I'm content with that. That was always Crynes plan and a viable option if this takeover is ballax.

For the record I'm not opposed to this Chinese takeover either. I'll listen to what they have to say if owt ever happens.
    Pass mate , these fan ownership models are fine at lower league clubs such as at Exeter , they've done ok , moving between league 2 and league one with Tisdale in charge .

With all due respect to them our club is on another level , we deal in millions here not thousands of pounds .

Patrick is a local owner but it's a business with a CEO , chairman , academy manager etc etc we employ a hell of a lot of people by comparison with Exeter City , it's a million quid plus annually to run the academy , corporate hospitality to manage , it's not a two bob part time job for enthusiastic supporters two nights a week .

Those days have gone at this level , the growth of the PL has transformed this league into something none of us of my age could have envisaged at one time .

We have to react with the times or we die .

Risk and reward , yeh it can go tyts up I wouldn't ever discount that for one minute .

What choice do we have with Patrick's health other than to go with it .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Just for balance Dean Hoyle pumped £40m into Huddersfield over the last 6 years and these were shown as debts to Hoyle and the club was losing about £7m a year. Plus a £40m newish stadium

Brentford owner has spent about £90m on Brentford to keep them going at this level and are planning for a new £70m stadium

They're both similar size clubs to us but with much wealthier owners who bankroll them

Bloody he'll I'm surprised at Brentford. I had them darn as just like us. Buy small sell big. How wrong can one be. Huddersfield losing 7 mill a year is reletive in championship terms

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Pass mate , these fan ownership models are fine at lower league clubs such as at Exeter , they've done ok , moving between league 2 and league one with Tisdale in charge .

With all due respect to them our club is on another level , we deal in millions here not thousands of pounds .

Patrick is a local owner but it's a business with a CEO , chairman , academy manager etc etc we employ a hell of a lot of people by comparison with Exeter City , it's a million quid plus annually to run the academy , corporate hospitality to manage , it's not a two bob part time job for enthusiastic supporters two nights a week .

Those days have gone at this level , the growth of the PL has transformed this league into something none of us of my age could have envisaged at one time .

We have to react with the times or we die .

Risk and reward , yeh it can go tyts up I wouldn't ever discount that for one minute .

What choice do we have with Patrick's health other than to go with it .

I get what you're saying mate I really do but the question I keep asking myself is- What is more important in the long term? Competing in the championship whilst this tidal wave passes through football or self sustainability in lg1 yo-yo ing between the divisions and actually having a football club for the future generations to attend?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Bloody he'll I'm surprised at Brentford. I had them darn as just like us. Buy small sell big. How wrong can one be. Huddersfield losing 7 mill a year is reletive in championship terms

Bloke who owns Brentford owns Matchbook and Smartodds . He's another one of these mysterious online betting multimillionaires like that bloke who owns Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Why would they spend £40-£50m building a new stadium? The land wouldn't be worth that so he'd be out of pocket straight away
    The beauty of venture capitalism is that they never use their own money. Mister Lee will "borrow" the £40 million or whatever from the banking system but put the 100% mortgage in BFC's name so the club become responsible for the payments, When Mister Lee leaves BFC will have to make the payments as well as paying rent on the site. Borrowing other people's money is part of the reason it all went t1ts up in the USA in 2008 and the crisis spread globally. Guess who picks up the tab.
    There may be some short term investment on players with unsustainable contracts but when no instant success comes abart Mister Lee say "No more money, I go now" and BFC are left to pick up the tab.

So we move from a financially stable club with it's own ground to paying rent on the land, a mortgage for the stadium and unsustainable player contracts. All to chase the dream of The Premiership against 18 other richer clubs. Mister Lee sells the Oakwell site for a tidy profit and laughs all the way to the bank. Careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    SBRed. I'm opening up a new business in sales. I want to employ you as supervisor on £4.50 ph. You would be employed on a 20 year contract with no chance of promotion.

I've been impressed by your sterling success and ambition when selling the plus points of a successful non - takeover of Barnsley F.C.

As yet throughout all the threads I fail to find a viable alternative from you after mother nature takes it's toll.
    I'll take it Ponte. It'll more than double my meagre pension.
    Don't be seduced by the evils of venture capitalism. It always goes t1ts up but it's always the Ordinary Joe who will suffer the

the consequences for years and years.

Stay as a financially stable club and watch the others fold around you. At least I shall still be working for your firm in 20 years time.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 11-09-2017 at 08:09 AM.

The Job Centre ev been in touch Ponte and ev sed tha ez to pay me at least the National Minimum Wage (or whatever it's called nar)

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The beauty of venture capitalism is that they never use their own money. Mister Lee will "borrow" the £40 million or whatever from the banking system but put the 100% mortgage in BFC's name so the club become responsible for the payments, When Mister Lee leaves BFC will have to make the payments as well as paying rent on the site. Borrowing other people's money is part of the reason it all went t1ts up in the USA in 2008 and the crisis spread globally. Guess who picks up the tab.
    There may be some short term investment on players with unsustainable contracts but when no instant success comes abart Mister Lee say "No more money, I go now" and BFC are left to pick up the tab.

So we move from a financially stable club with it's own ground to paying rent on the land, a mortgage for the stadium and unsustainable player contracts. All to chase the dream of The Premiership against 18 other richer clubs. Mister Lee sells the Oakwell site for a tidy profit and laughs all the way to the bank. Careful what you wish for.

SB I agree with much of what you say but how do you suggest we stay as a "financially stable club"
    However you ought to take a more critical look at our current ownership
    As I understand it PC has underwritten the loans taken out in the past [bit like standing as guarantor for a mate ] which I believe is not the same as forking out your own money [only costs if things go tits up & the club can't pay back the loans]
    The loans have been paid back so no need for PC to use any of his own money
    He will leave from this club a lot wealthier than when he arrived & good luck to him so the bottom line is not too far removed from Mr Lee who just has a bigger wad or a bigger ability to borrow more money
    I may have got this wrong but perhaps someone on here with better info can correct me
    It's business but on a larger scale
    I don't know what the answer is but we cannot stay as we are as PC wants to sell
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 11-09-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The Job Centre ev been in touch Ponte and ev sed tha ez to pay me at least the National Minimum Wage (or whatever it's called nar)

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    SB I agree with much of what you say but how do you suggest we stay as a "financially stable club"
    However you ought to take a more critical look at our current ownership
    As I understand it PC has underwritten the loans taken out in the past [bit like standing as guarantor for a mate ] which I believe is not the same as forking out your own money [only costs if things go tits up & the club can't pay back the loans]
    The loans have been paid back so no need for PC to use any of his own money
    He will leave from this club a lot wealthier than when he arrived & good luck to him so the bottom line is not too far removed from Mr Lee who just has a bigger wad or a bigger ability to borrow more money
    I may have got this wrong but perhaps someone on here with better info can correct me
    It's business but on a larger scale
    I don't know what the answer is but we cannot stay as we are as PC wants to sell
    Exactly, something has to change. It's ok saying carry on as we are but owned by who and who would loan the 2-3million to the club the seasons when we've lost money like PC has.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast