+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 128 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts legal action

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It's not new mate. It's from 10th April.
    Yes and in happier times she also preached to us that we have being doing it all wrong for years.There are far too many clubs in Scotland she told us but a few years later she tried to add another 2.

This was all for the betterment of Scottish football though and nothing to do with saving the worst Hearts team in years(under her watch)going to where they deserved to go.

One solution that might have worked, but it's too late even for that, was to have a play off between Hearts, Accies, Inverness and Dundee with only one Premiership place available. The same could have worked for all divisions too. League winners get promoted still and they play offs would give all 4 teams involved an equal shout.

What should've happened is we should've played the f*cking season out.
    yup and hearts would be down we would be up and they could shut the **** up. Thistle might have survived i grant you. Hearts and Thistle should not be involving any other clubs in this just spfl - this is game changing andpotentially lethal to particularly thistle. Not sure on exact case but they stand a better chance if they didnt include dont promote them keep us up. Daft

Would love to see them both go bust/be expelled by this. While I get they are not happy at being relegated, they got themselves into this mess, but to drag the promoted teams into it, and call for those promotions to be made null and void is a step to far, so as Randolph said to Mortimer in the film Trading Places, FECK EM!!l

The other night i said we should play the season's out at Premiership and Championship level,it was pointed out that its too late for that now which is of course correct.

I was certain though that Hearts were toast and if it means that 3 teams are gonna be denied promotion because of the actions of two member club's then the SPFL board must look at all options available and the Scottish Government have granted permission for football to be played behind closed doors.

How FN good would it be if the remaining games got played and THE Rangers finished 3rd,ICT fell oot the play off spots,Hearts went doon by 10 points and Partick continued their winless run?.

It's OK saying we should have played the season out, but when? And how? Premiership teams perhaps? But likely not all of them. But in the rest of the divisions teams cannot afford to play games without fans in the stadiums. This is the whole point of why we are in this mess in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The other night i said we should play the season's out at Premiership and Championship level,it was pointed out that its too late for that now which is of course correct.

I was certain though that Hearts were toast and if it means that 3 teams are gonna be denied promotion because of the actions of two member club's then the SPFL board must look at all options available and the Scottish Government have granted permission for football to be played behind closed doors.

How FN good would it be if the remaining games got played and THE Rangers finished 3rd,ICT fell oot the play off spots,Hearts went doon by 10 points and Partick continued their winless run?.
    If maybe the Anderson fella could foot the bill perhaps? That's probably the only way it could happen, even then you're going to have teams like Hamilton and Raith kicking up **** instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    It's OK saying we should have played the season out, but when? And how? Premiership teams perhaps? But likely not all of them. But in the rest of the divisions teams cannot afford to play games without fans in the stadiums. This is the whole point of why we are in this mess in the first place.
    Yeah, i deleted my post as soon as I wrote it after remembering the points you mention, plus the fact all teams would've had to go through regular Covid testing. At £5K a week, with no income coming in, it just wouldn't have been feasible.

One thing I would like to see when the season eventually gets underway, all the other teams to replace the names on the back of the shirts with 'Hearts & Partick GTF!' 👍

Yeah, i deleted my post as soon as I wrote it after remembering the points you mention, plus the fact all teams would've had to go through regular Covid testing. It just wouldn't have been feasible.
    Unfortunately not bud, unless as I said the Anderson fella could possibly fund it? But still there would be teams unhappy. Its a true sh it fest!

Page 13 of 128 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)