+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

Moog is on the money from what I saw, albeit on the highlights only, although it looked like we were lucky to get away without conceding.

1-0 eh?

To quote the bbc

“ the on loan Rangers midfielder makes his mark”

Maybe I will wait a little bit longer before I really give a flying f’uck.

Aye, 'at's the thing aboot 'on loan' players .... a bit like impressin a lassie ... err ... well, lets be modrin and and say a member of the desired 5ex, wi a lavish meal ye made yersel ... but which actually came oot o' a packet or a tin ... and prepared in the micro whilst ye stood in the kitchen makkin real cookin noises

1/ let’s just keep it at lassie

2/ As it happens I’m a pretty good cook

3/ micro? nah, never have, never will

4/ I do give a flying f’uck but the thought of borrowing a hun leaves me cold.

Fair enough min .... but ... 3/ .... micros are the ****in bizz when ye use them properly. Unfortunately the wye maist folk use a micro, it's like they would pick up a hammer, hold it by the heid, try batterin in a nail wi the handle, curse the result and write the hammer aff as pointless.

.. my point regardin loans stands tho .... and my point regardin misuse o' micros and hammers might be deemed as a description o' DM's utilisation o' his 'tools'

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Though not quite hitting the heights of the HIV’s game, another good and assured performance.

Again, we played some nice stuff in spells, though we did ride our luck last 20 mins when game management and sitting back set in again. I wish we’d knock that on the head, especially at only 1-0 up.

A few random thoughts.

Considine, McKenna and Hoban look good as a back 3 - the understanding is building every game. Still a bit of work to do as we nearly got caught from out wide a few times second half - a good team would have punished us - but with the players we now have 3 at the back could work.

Hoban is an excellent footballer. By far the best defender we have. Game intelligence, positioning and excellent distribution. Also got forward well a few times too. Another few games to prove the fitness and we need to sign him up long term.

Mckenna was better. Solid today. Seems to benefit from having Hoban next to him.

Kennedy was much, much better defensively today. Had a good game overall going forward and defending.

Hayes was like his old self. Excellent.

Ferguson & McCrorie have the makings of a top pairing. McCrorie’s finish was absolute class - the boy impresses me more every week.

Wright was good again, positive and dangerous on the ball. His confidence is clearly high and we’re benefitting. He should have scored though.

Watkins is also an excellent footballer. Great intelligence, work rate, touch and link up play. Some through ball for the sitter Wright missed. He just lacks that natural strikers goal scoring instinct. I’d really like to see him in a 2 with Cosgrove or Edmondson. Would happily swap him into the squad permanently for Main end of the season.

Fair play to Cormack, McInnes and the club. They promised us a better brand of entertaining football and the last 2-3 games they have began to deliver.

Need to keep it up - COYR.
    Agree with all of that Moog.
    Hoban is a fantastic addition to the squad, lets hope his injury mis-fortune is well and truly behind him and we get him signed up on a decent length of contract.
    All in all a decent start to the season and playing some decent football along the way, Thursday will be a tough game, as long as the tombola does not come out for it then I'm confident we can go there and progress through to the next round, if all starting 11 from yesterday are fully fit for Thursday then I would like to see us start with the same 11 again.

COYR

Good result and performance yesterday. This is the best we’ve looked for a few seasons I’d say - playing proper football again, looking solid at the back, comfortable in midfield, and fast, creative and exciting going forward.

Please keep the same starting 11 Derek - they will only get better. You can see the benefit to players like wright and hedges from just getting a run of games. You can see mccrorie and Ferguson forming a formidable partnership (could turn out to be the best midfield in the league) just by getting consecutive games together. And you can see the understanding improving in defence by just getting regular games together.

Hoban, McCrorie and Watkins have been great additions. Watkins doesn’t look like scoring anytime soon but he brings others into the game far better than any of our other strikers. I hope we sell cosgrove in this window because I fear he’ll be put straight back in and we’ll get Watkins replacing wright or hedges in a position he’s not so suited to AND we’ll revert to horrible hoof ball.

Looking forward to the two games this week - will be a test as to whether this team is the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Fair enough min .... but ... 3/ .... micros are the ****in bizz when ye use them properly. Unfortunately the wye maist folk use a micro, it's like they would pick up a hammer, hold it by the heid, try batterin in a nail wi the handle, curse the result and write the hammer aff as pointless.

.. my point regardin loans stands tho .... and my point regardin misuse o' micros and hammers might be deemed as a description o' DM's utilisation o' his 'tools'

My answer may have come over a bit serious, sorry, I was up in the middle of the night and feeling like s’hite.

I meant what I said about microwaves though, the work of the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Though not quite hitting the heights of the HIV’s game, another good and assured performance.

Again, we played some nice stuff in spells, though we did ride our luck last 20 mins when game management and sitting back set in again. I wish we’d knock that on the head, especially at only 1-0 up.

A few random thoughts.

Considine, McKenna and Hoban look good as a back 3 - the understanding is building every game. Still a bit of work to do as we nearly got caught from out wide a few times second half - a good team would have punished us - but with the players we now have 3 at the back could work.

Hoban is an excellent footballer. By far the best defender we have. Game intelligence, positioning and excellent distribution. Also got forward well a few times too. Another few games to prove the fitness and we need to sign him up long term.

Mckenna was better. Solid today. Seems to benefit from having Hoban next to him.

Kennedy was much, much better defensively today. Had a good game overall going forward and defending.

Hayes was like his old self. Excellent.

Ferguson & McCrorie have the makings of a top pairing. McCrorie’s finish was absolute class - the boy impresses me more every week.

Wright was good again, positive and dangerous on the ball. His confidence is clearly high and we’re benefitting. He should have scored though.

Watkins is also an excellent footballer. Great intelligence, work rate, touch and link up play. Some through ball for the sitter Wright missed. He just lacks that natural strikers goal scoring instinct. I’d really like to see him in a 2 with Cosgrove or Edmondson. Would happily swap him into the squad permanently for Main end of the season.

Fair play to Cormack, McInnes and the club. They promised us a better brand of entertaining football and the last 2-3 games they have began to deliver.

Need to keep it up - COYR.
    Good post as usual, Moog.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Good post as usual, Moog.
    Yup. Hoban can actually pich a pass out from defence. As McCrorie can take a ball and carry it forward, then combine in with the attack. Good signs for this new attacking format !!

Nice to Ryan Hedges and Wright starting to take on and go past palyers in the middle too.

I think all these things are such a great change from the sideways passing then a big hoof from defence as previous ?

Big gaps in midfied and defence tat times though. The better teams would really punish us badly for them . Possibly due to all the players stll settling in to this radical new format !!

Marleys movement and lay offs up front are excellent too. But we still need a proper striker in there somewhere . ( Unless the midfielders stop missing good chances. Like Wright`s bloomer )

Sure all the " confidence " players will try stuff that won`t always come off , but we still need more shots on goal.

Be interesting to see how we start against Celtic ? Will Deek dare to use the same format ? And will Hedges and Wright manage to waltz past them time and again , when they`ll just pull them down and take the foul most times ?

Big game against the Vikings oin Thursday. Lets hopw we keep this thing rolling !! COYR

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast