+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Bromley FC 26.10.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Wootton shouldn't be considered undroppable, but the idea of playing Mitchell or Knight in preference to him mystifies me.
    What have either of them done to deserve a place ahead of Wootton?
    Knight, no, not yet.
    Mitchell would be worth a look sometime IMO.

Here's one for y'all 4-2-3-1 with Rodders as the 1

....Roberts/Namane...Vincent...Mitchell.....
    .............. ........ Rodrigues.....

Imagine Ruben turning with runners all around? Well, I'd like to see it

It's not only that Wootton is undroppable, he also 'unsubbable' (sic). He might be having a mare and have no chance of scoring at all but because we 'need him back for corners' we take off a maestro like Rodrigues.
    This is warped thinking IMO, you've got to trust your defenders to defend...like playing 5 defenders for a home game, it ain't the type of positive thinking which gives you a chance of top or top 3, it's only going to keep you down with the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Knight, no, not yet.
    Mitchell would be worth a look sometime IMO.

Here's one for y'all 4-2-3-1 with Rodders as the 1

....Roberts/Namane...Vincent...Mitchell.....
    .............. ........ Rodrigues.....

Imagine Ruben turning with runners all around? Well, I'd like to see it

It's not only that Wootton is undroppable, he also 'unsubbable' (sic). He might be having a mare and have no chance of scoring at all but because we 'need him back for corners' we take off a maestro like Rodrigues.
    This is warped thinking IMO, you've got to trust your defenders to defend...like playing 5 defenders for a home game, it ain't the type of positive thinking which gives you a chance of top or top 3, it's only going to keep you down with the pack.
    Rodrigues keeps coming off because he’s shagged after 70 minutes. He went down and signalled for a sub last night just before they scored.

Feels like 2 points dropped last night, if we can’t beat pub sides like this we’re destined to remain in this division for another year ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Rodrigues keeps coming off because he’s shagged after 70 minutes. He went down and signalled for a sub last night just before they scored.
    Then we're no further on from the Ardley days in that respect (although I haven't seen much evidence of it myself)...
    Maybe it was a knock because a 25 year old in his prime shouldn't find it a problem to complete a match.
    I want to see the time when RR is viewed as a player you CAN'T take off. It seems like a defensive-minded reflex to do it at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Then we're no further on from the Ardley days in that respect (although I haven't seen much evidence of it myself)...
    Maybe it was a knock because a 25 year old in his prime shouldn't find it a problem to complete a match.
    I want to see the time when RR is viewed as a player you CAN'T take off. It seems like a defensive-minded reflex to do it at the moment
    He did get kicked about the place last night tbf. He definitely did the internationally recognised move your arms around in a circle signal for a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBovisPie View Post
    Feels like 2 points dropped last night, if we can’t beat pub sides like this we’re destined to remain in this division for another year ☹️
    It does feel like 2 points dropped. But, to refer to Bromley as a pub team is quite disrespectful. They were organised and well drilled. Based on what I’ve seen of them and L2, they would certainly finish in the top half of L2.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I certainly would, and to be fair he’s not ‘so called prolific’, he is prolific. He’s just the sort of player we should have signed during the summer, and if we had, we’d have won games like last night, albeit playing slightly differently.

We’re not scoring enough goals from our fluent play to make up for our opponent’s goals from let’s be honest relatively sh!t play.
    I've updated the latest goal scorers table for the NL here . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/nat...ue-top-scorers

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I've updated the latest goal scorers table for the NL here . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/nat...ue-top-scorers
    Despite his apparent barren spells Kyle is just 2 goals behind the joint leaders then, when considering only the all-important NL non-penalty goals. On track for a decent haul as expected. Level with the mighty Mullin if I've read this chart correctly.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-10-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Despite his apparent barren spells Kyle is just 2 goals behind the joint leaders then, when considering only the all-important NL non-penalty goals. On track for a decent haul as expected. Level with the mighty Mullin if I've read this chart correctly.
    Correct. I've made it so you can sort the columns largest to smallest and vice versa. That way if you click on 'FA Cup Goals' they will appear in descending order from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I certainly would, and to be fair he’s not ‘so called prolific’, he is prolific. He’s just the sort of player we should have signed during the summer, and if we had, we’d have won games like last night, albeit playing slightly differently.

We’re not scoring enough goals from our fluent play to make up for our opponent’s goals from let’s be honest relatively sh!t play.
    Did you see something I didn’t last night? I forgot he was playing until it was announced he scored.
    He really wouldn’t suit our style of play. I saw zero movement from him. He didn’t hold up play. As I stated previously, he benefits from being in such a tall and set piece driven side. That’s something we are not.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast