+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: After Arter

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    They play to the managers instructions... I remember a few weeks back when we scored a goal from a long punt up field, and IB wasn't happy that we chose that route..
    Did you listen to JOB’s post match interview on Monday?

Should be disappointed by this news but disappointly I'm not after the Aldershot and Dover games.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    So Harry's loan deal has ended. That surprised me and seems unusual that he didn't see the season out. Will we miss him ?
    Don't think so. He had one or two decent games to start with, but seems to have gone backwards. He never looked like a ball-winner* and lately when the ball was passed to him all he seemed to do was make a 3 metre pass to Palmer.

*Come to think of it, do we have any ball-winners? JOB?

I don't think he is going to be that much of a miss tbh. Credit to him for dropping down the divisions but at times I have thought his performances to be somewhat lethargic and pre-season. He showed some nice touches but I expected him, rightly or wrongly, to be much better than he has actually been.

Well it was Charlie Slater who mentioned it to him and he was not happy...

The only thing I think he offered was some decent/threatening set pieces and the odd quality long ball, but they were very few and far between. Was worth a shot bringing him in as it’s our weakest position by far. Think Burchnall changed the formation after the Grimsby game and tried to rebalance the team needing two holding midfielders? Hence Sams exclusion in the more recent games.

But non of the replacements really excite me, Francis is young and still learning and is prone to the odd error, I have yet to understand what Brunt is actually good at, and Vincent hasn’t the discipline to play a defensive role. Guess that leaves O’Brien for me but If Francis does play I do worry that he will cost us big time in an important game.

Arter was key to three very good wins in tricky games against Dagenham, Boreham Wood and Southend early on in his spell here and leaves with six wins from eight starts. Proven to be a very useful signing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I think that's the kind of statement that needs backing up with a link or clearer reference at least.
    We've got quite a few goals this season from some great longer balls - I expect IB's very happy when these passes are on and executed well.
    It was straight from the goalie....for the benefit of those who weren't there...

I should clarify by set piece I mean corners and indirect, non shooting set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Arter was key to three very good wins in tricky games against Dagenham, Boreham Wood and Southend early on in his spell here and leaves with six wins from eight starts. Proven to be a very useful signing IMO.
    My view too, although he seems to have dropped off a bit in recent games I feel the squad with him in it is stronger than without him and trust Burchnall to pick the best available options, we now have one option less.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast