+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal Sold to Aberdeen

I'm disappointed Cal Roberts has left because I think he was undoubtedly one of our most gifted players, if not the most gifted. His form was variable last season, but he still showed plenty of moments of quality, especially with some of his crossing. He was an excellent signing from Blyth Spartans and could go on to greater things beyond Aberdeen.

Having said all that, if we got a decent bid from Aberdeen then we really won't have had much choice but to let him go. He had only one year left on his contract, so it was a case of cash in now or never, and he obviously wanted to take the opportunity of joining one of the bigger Scottish clubs, with the chance of European football. I don't think there was any chance of him signing a new contract for us, especially if we had denied him this move, so I can understand us taking the money while it's there and now looking to invest it in the next Cal Roberts, or maybe more importantly a really solid defensive midfielder.

Unfortunately, we run the same risk of losing Ruben if a club somewhere writes out a big enough cheque, but that's the nature of football. Sometimes you have to cash in while there's money to be made. At least with the current owners we've got a better chance of spending any money we raise wisely!
    Last edited by jackal2; 26-07-2022 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    To those requesting a ban, don't you think the entertainment value is too high for that this time?
    Definitely !
    East Coast Ultra is the Drag Queen of the East coast ! probably doing the rounds in Great Yarmouth , which by the way should just be called Yarmouth, which in no way is it Great !

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'm disappointed Cal Roberts has left because I think he was undoubtedly one of our most gifted players, if not the most gifted. His form was variable last season, but he still showed plenty of moments of quality, especially with some of his crossing. He was an excellent signing from Blyth Spartans and could go on to greater things beyond Aberdeen.

Having said all that, if we got a decent bid from Aberdeen then we really won't have had much choice but to let him go. He had only one year left on his contract, so it was a case of cash in now or never, and he obviously wanted to take the opportunity of joining one of the bigger Scottish clubs, with the chance of European football. I don't think there was any chance of him signing a new contract for us, especially if we had denied him this move, so I can understand us taking the money while it's there and now looking to invest it in the next Cal Roberts, or maybe more importantly a really solid defensive midfielder.

Unfortunately, we run the same risk of losing Ruben if a club somewhere writes out a big enough cheque, but that's the nature of football. Sometimes you have to cash in while there's money to be made. At least with the current owners we've got a better chance of spending any money we raise wisely!
    Listening to LWs post match interview, sounds like Aberdeen offered higher than our valuation for Roberts and every penny will go back into the player budget. Sad to lose him but if it helps strengthen another area then brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Listening to LWs post match interview, sounds like Aberdeen offered higher than our valuation for Roberts and every penny will go back into the player budget. Sad to lose him but if it helps strengthen another area then brilliant
    Yes, if tonight is anything to go by, we don't lack for attacking options. Langstaff, Scott and Austin all look like a threat, and it may well be that Austin was signed with one eye on Cal being likely to leave. With some money now in the pot I'd definitely want Football Radar to be zoning in on a couple of really strong additions in midfield, to make us more solid on the defensive side.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It has to be the most entertaining outburst on here for many a year. May I suggest an annual award for best outburst? To qualify, it has to beat this one?
    That's a good suggestion plus I've got the perfect title for the annual reward #RIP

Although that's a tough qualifying standard, the bar set very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    He lives with your missis while you're on your night shift.
    Ha ha, as if he has a job!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    Just got back from over seas and seen this.

What sort of a mickey mouse ****ing set up is this ****ing club?

The owners are about as ambitious as the **** that comes out my ****ing arse.

What signal does that send to the rest of the ****ing league?

I am ****ing sick to the back teeth of this ****ing useless,unambitious club.

This club are LOSERS.

God help you plebs that bought season tickets.They draw you in and you muppets buy and this is what you get.
    Oh look! We've just received a ****tergram

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Oh look! We've just received a ****tergram
    God help this guy if we sell Ruben and Palmer as well.

From a concerned Pleb.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Definitely !
    East Coast Ultra is the Drag Queen of the East coast ! probably doing the rounds in Great Yarmouth , which by the way should just be called Yarmouth, which in no way is it Great !
    Oh,further north I think .
    More a case of, 'Ouse afraid of an eastcoastultra ?'

Update: Due to the volume of continued complaints, right up to this morning, about their posts on this thread I have had to give Eastcoastultra1977 a temporary ban.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-07-2022 at 10:56 AM.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast