+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Need Madsters Help

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Edlington a rough area Cam, my wife wife worked for Ben Bailey homes, looking after the
    showhouses, she said not a nice place to live.
    Lime Grove area Swinton nice area, near Swinton railway station.
    I can see why you say that now ELK.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properti...hannel=RES_BUY

The Street View on this house is hilarious but you have to feel for the decent folk who are still left living amongst that.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 22-02-2023 at 06:31 PM.

Wow...though according to the street signs the only way is up?
    Attachment 23589

All the bins in front garden, where someone is living, looks a right mess.

Wife while working for Ben Bailey homes was in Goldthorpe at the showhouse's, people
    moving into a new house for around 200k, she said there were neighbours outside with
    cans beer/lager watching them move in.
    Thing is the neighbours were in new houses there through housing association.
    Trouble building new properties, the builder had to build so many for housing association,
    so tenants not working, & a person pays around 200k for a house next door, no thanks.

Thing is buying a council house, you never know who the council will put next door to you,
    I found that out in Mexborough.
    Dropped on a old mate I worked with last week, he bought one of the Ben Bailey houses
    on the Goldthorpe estate when they were built, he said it had been a nightmare with the
    the neighbours, who were put in a housing association home on the estate. Larger louts,
    chucking rubbish in garden.
    Mate will not be able to sell the house, because as soon as anyone would come to look at
    it, they would see the neighbourhood & think no way.
    Why pay £200,000 to £300,000 for a home, then living next to someone on the social,
    who live there rent free, & don't care.

2 more come up for sale this week cam in good areas.
    Margaret close Aston. And Eyre court Bramley. 250k and 265k.. there's also one at dinnington/Aston thats a large detached bit need a bit of work. At 220k Wentworth way

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    2 more come up for sale this week cam in good areas.
    Margaret close Aston. And Eyre court Bramley. 250k and 265k.. there's also one at dinnington/Aston thats a large detached bit need a bit of work. At 220k Wentworth way
    Thanks Cayton I'll take a look.

She put an offer in on one this week. New 4br semi on old Harworth pit site. The owners bought it for 210k 2 years ago and it was last reduced to offers over 257.5k 4 months ago. Value on one of those valuation sites was 220k so offered that. Owner came back with a counter offer of 257k (dropped just 500). She said thanks I'll keep looking but I'll leave my offer on the table.

Aston/Dinnington ones would need 'good old Dad' back there to do some work on them. Bramley one is nice but I'll wait on a price drop. There is another similar one close by there just reduced to 240K but unfortunately it fronts straight into the main road.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 23-02-2023 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Thanks Cayton I'll take a look.

She put an offer in on one this week. New 4br semi on old Harworth pit site. The owners bought it for 210k 2 years ago and it was last reduced to offers over 257.5k 4 months ago. Value on one of those valuation sites was 220k so offered that. Owner came back with a counter offer of 257k (dropped just 500). She said thanks I'll keep looking but I'll leave my offer on the table.
    Mmm I’d definitely be looking at crime rate around Aston, it might’ve improved over years but I wouldn’t be holding my breath

All the bins in front garden, where someone is living, looks a right mess.
    I think the bins are the least of the problems in that street ELK

Fancy doing this one up in Edlington for us US Millers as a crashpad Cayton? "Location, Location, Location" as they say!

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properti...hannel=RES_BUY

That must have been empty a while. It's got the plywood curtains on Streetview, and the foliage in the garden is vintage. Probably a decent investment for someone - someone else though.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast