+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Scυnthorpe Utd. 25.03.23 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Some records on Wikipedia that may be quite relevant to this season by the end...

Most League points (3 for a win):
    99, Division Three 1997–98

Most League goals:
    107, Division Four 1959–60

Highest scorer in one season:
    Tom Keetley, 39, Division Three South 1930–31 and Macaulay Langstaff, 39, National_League_(division) 2022-23
    Was that a 42 game season not knocking langstaff by the way just wondering 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Was that a 42 game season not knocking langstaff by the way just wondering 🤔
    If Wiki is to be believed then his 39 goals came in 34 league games. Which is phenomenal.
    I think someone should tell Macca about the other record Tom Keetley holds (10 hattricks ) - might persuade him to stay and try to break it.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The referee was the best we have had all season. Apparently it was only his 5th National league match.
    Totally Agree if we are in the playoffs be happy with him in the Semi Final

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A comment from the Scunny board:

"I’ve watched football at all levels for over 60 years and can’t remember a more one sided game in all that time. Notts were good, no doubt about that, but we were pathetic, yes pathetic, lucky it wasn’t double figures".

I agree with the post, but it does ask a question:

Were we that good or were they that bad?
    Think it was a combination,we did play well but they gave us that much space were very poor and getting the 2 goals early on makes hell of a difference.
    Think we would have done the same to Yeovil if we had got at least one early goal.
    Where as versus Eastleigh especially first half they pressed us and didn’t give us a minute and we weren’t allowed to play like yesterday.
    Wealdstone and especially Woking will be sterner tests at home but as they say you can only beat what’s in front of you 4.0 flattered them and it was extremely enjoyable to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A comment from the Scunny board:

"I’ve watched football at all levels for over 60 years and can’t remember a more one sided game in all that time. Notts were good, no doubt about that, but we were pathetic, yes pathetic, lucky it wasn’t double figures".

I agree with the post, but it does ask a question:

Were we that good or were they that bad?
    I'd say oldham were worse at Meadow Lane, particularly in the second half, but you can definitely see why Scunny are where they are. I just hope they can stay up, id much rather them stay up than say torquay.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Think it was a combination,we did play well but they gave us that much space were very poor and getting the 2 goals early on makes hell of a difference.
    Think we would have done the same to Yeovil if we had got at least one early goal.
    Where as versus Eastleigh especially first half they pressed us and didn’t give us a minute and we weren’t allowed to play like yesterday.
    Wealdstone and especially Woking will be sterner tests at home but as they say you can only beat what’s in front of you 4.0 flattered them and it was extremely enjoyable to watch
    The way we play football makes teams look poor. S****horpe tried to adopt the high press early on, like may teams have lately, and soon realized they couldn't live with our movement and energy. Ruben was unplayable first half. Picking up little pockets between midfield and defence. Him and Nemane had their left side on toast all half.
    I thought Mair's contribution was excellent, with a great range of passing.
    Don't agree with most on here about Bostock having a great game. He's a very safe player and doesn't offer much IMO but that's because we may be spoiled with the likes of Palmer, Rodriguez Nemane and Austin.
    I've not always been a fan of JOB but yesterday was the best I've seen him play, outstanding energy and reading of the game. Close to MOM but I'd give it to Ruben.
    Great support from the Scunny fans and a decent set of officials for a change.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-03-2023 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    I'd say oldham were worse at Meadow Lane, particularly in the second half, but you can definitely see why Scunny are where they are. I just hope they can stay up, id much rather them stay up than say torquay.
    Hope Torquay stay up, enjoy a night out there

I don't think we ever got out of second gear to be honest. They came with a game plan to be distributive and tried pressing us but as is always the case, they were gassed after 30 mins, especially as a lot of their players are new and not used to playing that intensity. It looks very much to me that they were a bunch of players thrown together which is exactly what they are. It's a shame but looks like their owner came in after saving them and basically went mad with signing players but in their position, didn't really go for quality as it's hard to get them to come. If I were them, I'd have prepped for next season to rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    The way we play football makes teams look poor. S****horpe tried to adopt the high press early on, like may teams have lately, and soon realized they couldn't live with our movement and energy. Ruben was unplayable first half. Picking up little pockets between midfield and defense. Him and nemane had their left side on toast all half.
    I thought Mairs contribution was excellent, with a great range of passing
    Don't agree with most on here about Bostock having a great game. He's a very safe player and doesn't offer much IMO but that's because we may be spoiled with the likes of Palmer, Rodriguez nemane and Austin
    I've not always been a fan of JOB but yesterday was the best i've seen him play, outstanding energy and reading of the game. Close to MOM but i'd give it to Ruben
    Great support from the Scunny fans and a decent set of officials for a change
    I agree about Bostock, thought he was a glaringly weak link in the team. Although he rarely lost the ball, he is entirely left footed, which limits him and he's overly negative, slowing the game down and turning backwards unecessarily. Much prefer to see Austin in his position ideally Scott when he's fit.
    His best games have been off the bench, Solihull away he changed the outcome, calmed things down and helped settle us when we were frenetic. He's by no means a bad player but too rarely does he make genuinely game changing contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Hope Torquay stay up, enjoy a night out there
    Hoping Toquay staying up or not is irrelevant as far as playing them is concerned. Dont want to be here next season.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast