+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Morton at Home

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Saying we need to take the ref out of the equation but it looked a stonewall pen when Broadfoot hauled Holt over.
    Anyone at the game get a good view of that?
    It was a penalty , however , let’s not kid ourselves that was bad yesterday, that squad is wafer thin , Moult goes off the shape changes to 4-3-3 and we didn’t look like scoring apart from a brief 10-15 minute spell at start of 2nd half . Guys like Glass just not good enough , Tilson awful I can go on , our home form is going to cost us going up at this rate , here is a stat , we have conceded 10 goals 7 have came at home , 4 alone to Morton

We got bullied once again by Morton. They overloaded the box and got the ball in early which caused us huge problems. I would suggest that Caley will try exactly the same thing with us next week. We will need to really work on our shape.....without forgetting that we need to score goals. Jim Goodwin is really gonna have to earn his wages this week! This squad has been carried by one or two players...its time for the onlookers to step up!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    We got bullied once again by Morton. They overloaded the box and got the ball in early which caused us huge problems. I would suggest that Caley will try exactly the same thing with us next week. We will need to really work on our shape.....without forgetting that we need to score goals. Jim Goodwin is really gonna have to earn his wages this week! This squad has been carried by one or two players...its time for the onlookers to step up!
    I do think yesterday was very revealing

The replacements were poor and are not good enough

Without Gallagher we cannot defend as well

We need some extra bodies if we are to have a chance of hauling ourselves out of this league

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I do think yesterday was very revealing

The replacements were poor and are not good enough

Without Gallagher we cannot defend as well

We need some extra bodies if we are to have a chance of hauling ourselves out of this league
    Yesterday revealed nothing for me. It's clearly obvious the boys sitting on the bench aren't good enough and has been for months. Glass is never ever going to make it for us. Folk have a hard-on for Mochrie based on a few YouTube videos of his time at Montrose but he just doesn't step up to the plate when needed. Graham is not a right sided centre half and Cudjoe, well he just needs to go. Piss poor.

Going into next weekend, potentially without Gallagher, Docherty, Sibbald and Moult, is a frightening thought.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yesterday revealed nothing for me. It's clearly obvious the boys sitting on the bench aren't good enough and has been for months. Glass is never ever going to make it for us. Folk have a hard-on for Mochrie based on a few YouTube videos of his time at Montrose but he just doesn't step up to the plate when needed. Graham is not a right sided centre half and Cudjoe, well he just needs to go. Piss poor.

Going into next weekend, potentially without Gallagher, Docherty, Sibbald and Moult, is a frightening thought.
    Ye it is frightening if they 4 don't make it, great win for big Duncan yesterday

In fairness to Mochrie and Cudjoe, they have at least won us a few valuable points this season.

Agree with the post in general though.

About as negative a post as ive ever seen from ya fella! While as you say nothing was revealed yesterday, there was a hell of a lot confirmed for those that are willing to see it.

Dont know why, but i cannae bring masel tae greet too much about yesterday, but then i opted for watching the thistle game on the tele, and i didnt get yesterdays ticket until 20 past 2. Must just be in the same accepting mindset as this time last season when the missing pieces in our broken jigsaw squad were not forthcoming.

Gave up on Glass ages ago, but while i dont think i have a hard on for Mochrie, there is something there and willing to give him more time, but he needs a regular starting run in the team. Thats not based on youtube videos, more from seeing him on the pitch, and at 20yo, he is not equipped to be the world beater people expect as yet.

Graham never has been right sided, so i dont see why he is being derided for the failings of our management/owners in securing an adequate reserve for Gallacher. He did however send in a stunning right footed hoof forward yesterday that landed at Watts feet, but alas, nothing came from that.

We might be heading forward a bit short, but you never know, we might have 2 or 3 new faces by next week, but will any of them be that league winner we need?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    About as negative a post as ive ever seen from ya fella! While as you say nothing was revealed yesterday, there was a hell of a lot confirmed for those that are willing to see it.

Dont know why, but i cannae bring masel tae greet too much about yesterday, but then i opted for watching the thistle game on the tele, and i didnt get yesterdays ticket until 20 past 2. Must just be in the same accepting mindset as this time last season when the missing pieces in our broken jigsaw squad were not forthcoming.

Gave up on Glass ages ago, but while i dont think i have a hard on for Mochrie, there is something there and willing to give him more time, but he needs a regular starting run in the team. Thats not based on youtube videos, more from seeing him on the pitch, and at 20yo, he is not equipped to be the world beater people expect as yet.

Graham never has been right sided, so i dont see why he is being derided for the failings of our management/owners in securing an adequate reserve for Gallacher. He did however send in a stunning right footed hoof forward yesterday that landed at Watts feet, but alas, nothing came from that.

We might be heading forward a bit short, but you never know, we might have 2 or 3 new faces by next week, but will any of them be that league winner we need?

Agree regarding Mochrie, think he has something, he's also won us 4 pts this season

While some of yesterday was bad, none more so than the referee, the way we bounced back from 2-0 was impressive, thought there was only one team in it second half too, think we really missed Moult second half so were unlucky there, and of course the sending off and the sucker punch within a couple mins

Can happen, it's football, it's a concern about Friday if we go in with none of those players, Sibbald being the main blow if Doc is still out but it's not frightening given the opposition, then there is a 2 week break after that to regroup and go again

I think that the new faces are key, the team feels a bit stale at the moment and there is an air of complacency that we are gonna be alright. 1 or 2 new faces, can really shake things up again. I would really like to see us bossing games again and the opposition having to work to stop themselves from getting steam rollered, instead of us being bullied across the pitch and seeming unable to get a decent shot away. Tempo, workrate and confidence are all needing addressed.....and for the love of god, can we stop bigging ourselves up on social media and the newspapers...do your talking on the pitch!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I think that the new faces are key, the team feels a bit stale at the moment and there is an air of complacency that we are gonna be alright. 1 or 2 new faces, can really shake things up again. I would really like to see us bossing games again and the opposition having to work to stop themselves from getting steam rollered, instead of us being bullied across the pitch and seeming unable to get a decent shot away. Tempo, workrate and confidence are all needing addressed.....and for the love of god, can we stop bigging ourselves up on social media and the newspapers...do your talking on the pitch!
    Agreed. New players are required to freshen us up. There's a definite staleness. First 11 always picks itself, regardless. Subs are the same every week and they do nothing to change games.

I like the signing of Wotherspoon at this level. He'd be a definite upgrade on Glass & Mochrie.

We're apparently not in for the boy Thomas after all. The Record now doing a u-turn.

Denham/Denholm/Denhopeless heading back to Cardiff.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)