+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝Stuart Maynard appointed

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yeah, you'd be disappointed by any adverse reactions (similar to the ones mentioned about LW's arrival). He's going to continue with the philosophy, right down to the same formation it seems. The squad will have no excuses, and every chance to push on.
    It'll be a tough start though, let's hope that doesn't have any impact.
    I don’t think that’ll be a worry now - I get the sense the players are completely sold on the style of football and wouldn’t want to do anything else. That Maynard is clearly going to be a continuation of that (with his own tweaks and ideas) is probably all that’s needed to get them on side.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    True, I hadn't heard of Burchnall, Williams, Rodrigues or Langstaff until they signed for us. The first three moved to a higher level and the fourth could easily do the same, but hopefully not just yet.

It's probably an advantage to come in with modest expectations from the fans.
    I agree. Especially having seen how the opposite approach worked out in the past.

Welcome, Stuart, and all best wishes to you.

Welcome to Notts and best of luck with your appointment.
    Another up and coming young manager with the same basic game plan as we have had success with. Bros saying people coming in as well, what more could we want?

I do hope not, Elite. Them London types will be swinging with Burberry, Gucci, Louis Vuitton. We won't stand a chance!
    I think those items are out of the reach of a part time football manager or BT engineer. And no new manager would think it was a good idea to go straight to a fans' board and start calling people red dogs. Putney's a nice place though, convenient for the Football Radar offices in W14.

Stuart Maynard was obviously not my first choice but you have to back him now he's here. If people would just stop overselling the idea it would help. Lower your expectations and you'll never be disappointed. It probably makes sense not to spend a fortune on manager's wages anyway, buy some defenders instead.

So it is Stuart Maynard. I’m pleased that we have once again gone for a young up and coming coach. With the greatest respect to Wealdstone he probably took them as far as they can go on the limit resources they had coupled with the fact that both him and they were part time. So he’s done a good job there and deserves his chance in the football league to see what he can do working full time and also with far greater resources and support than it would have been possible to have at Wealdstone.

It’s an excellent opportunity for Stuart Maynard and I wish him all the best. Let’s all get behind him as he’s got a tough few games coming up and it would be harsh to use the fact he’s made the switch from part time against him. He deserves a chance as everyone does in life when you have worked hard which he will have done and are given the opportunity to make a step up.

Very excited by this appointment as it means the football should remain as entertaining as it has been for the last 4 1/2 years. No idea if it will be successful but Maynard should have the full backing of all Notts fans as he settles into the role. I still feel promotion is unlikely this year but who knows, great times to be a Notts fan.

Can players like Crowley (ex-Arsenal), Bostock (ex-Tottenham), Jodi, Didzy etc be told how to play football by a management team whose careers peaked at Aylesbury and Hemel Hempstead Town? Genuine question. The new team are going to walk on to that training ground tomorrow and see players who reached levels they could only dream of

At least IB brought Ross (ex-Rangers) along with him, then Doyle. And LW brought along Ryan Harley.
    Luke Williams' playing career took him to the lofty heights of Tonbridge Angels, a fact that seems to have been conveniently deleted from his Wikipedia profile since he was appointed at Swansea. There are many examples of players with unremarkable careers making great coaches - Neil Warnock being one. Good players will listen if the message they are receiving makes sense to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Luke Williams' playing career took him to the lofty heights of Tonbridge Angels, a fact that seems to have been conveniently deleted from his Wikipedia profile since he was appointed at Swansea. There are many examples of players with unremarkable careers making great coaches - Neil Warnock being one. Good players will listen if the message they are receiving makes sense to them.
    Liam Manning being another example. Maynard to me in his interview seemed to make it clear, that we will continue to be an attacking side. These players will buy into that without doubt imo.

Good luck to him but I can't see how he can fail much this season He's inherited a great team that plays the same way he likes his teams to play it should be a smooth transition. I think the test of him will be next season.

Well now you've attached yourself to the club, and signed up to a forum, you'll have a chance to see
    You've got me to thank for reaching the 25 milestone btw
    I think PP is a seasoned pro and well versed in arguments and taunting.Sprinkle and top with many lies about the topic currently being argued about at the time and you have our ex expert dadlo (anagram)

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast