+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 133 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1843

Thread: Transfer Talk (2021-2022)

It’s really frustrating, but the point made above is correct, we don’t know. Regarding other clubs recruiting, other than Ipswich, who have been throwing money around, are any of the players other teams have signed better than what we have? 11 donkeys will still be donkeys. One or two are bound to be, but is that any different from any other pre season? The lack of signings may, just MAY, be because it’s harder to get the Calibre of player we want? Or maybe that’s just my happy flappy side lol.

As Brin said, we don’t know who is to blame, I’d add or even if anyone is to blame. Could it be agents and players that are the problem? Lots of talk about us being tight, but I remember previous seasons in L1 where other fans accused us of buying our way up. Ridiculous of course, but as fans we really don’t know and it’s very easy to make assumptions and jump off the deep end with them. Fingers crossed for a good week.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    We can only go on what we see/hear
    Maybe it’s down to all three like already been said or maybe we don’t have or like to throw money about like other clubs who could end up regretting it.

We will have two players in if not more before start of season

No panic 😉

Scott’s still hear and doing a good job
    We were promised 3/4 players before the end of this week in last weeks Advertiser, now it’s 2 next week it’s simply not good enough it’s depressing the fan base, players and Warne by the sound of his last two interviews. It’s simply unprofessional? We play tonight with 13 pros if know one else is injured ? with the youth team and maybe a loanee or two to make the numbers up.
    At this stage of the season we should be like a well oiled Rolls Royce ready to roll out ? Looking at tickets sold both tonight and for the season you can see there is no enthusiasm for the season ! we might be fighting to stay out of the bottom six rather than get in the top six !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    It’s really frustrating, but the point made above is correct, we don’t know. Regarding other clubs recruiting, other than Ipswich, who have been throwing money around, are any of the players other teams have signed better than what we have? 11 donkeys will still be donkeys. One or two are bound to be, but is that any different from any other pre season? The lack of signings may, just MAY, be because it’s harder to get the Calibre of player we want? Or maybe that’s just my happy flappy side lol.

As Brin said, we don’t know who is to blame, I’d add or even if anyone is to blame. Could it be agents and players that are the problem? Lots of talk about us being tight, but I remember previous seasons in L1 where other fans accused us of buying our way up. Ridiculous of course, but as fans we really don’t know and it’s very easy to make assumptions and jump off the deep end with them. Fingers crossed for a good week.
    Some fair points Beau. Personally, and it's just my gut feeling (spider senses if you like), I started to get the feeling all was not well when we got the "no signings until July" message. Traditionally it's been the opposite, "get your business done early". Whether justified or not it portrayed a sense of apathy, of sluggishness. Warne has mentioned a self pity mood amongst some players. I think it runs throughout the entire club.

Other clubs pressed ahead. A club wanted our prized asset. So they got him. Deal done.

For some reason we then made a national newspaper article over the decision to furlough the players. Ah, but loads of clubs will have done this, we were told. Clever thinking by RUFC, we were told. Yet, strangely, we were the only one singled out by a national newspaper. And the tone of the article most certainly was not one of clever thinking. Quite the opposite.

Then we have Warne's, not so subtle, messaging throughout all of his summer interviews. Clear as day to all, but the most ostrich of fans, that sommats not quite right down there. Short of standing Hammy behind him with a large billboard displaying the word HELP, I don't know how much more clear he could be.

Our starting 11 is good for the level we're at. There's no doubting that. But scratch beneath that and we are frighteningly threadbare. The new batch of youngsters look promising, very promising, but they're a season, or two, off being ready.

Big decisions for TS in the coming weeks.

Ipswich cut back and consolidated over the last two seasons and inadvertently choose the right time over COVID period to do it. this summer alot of the championship contracts was up and released and cleared the decks.no guarantee spending will get you anywhere but looks they decided this is the season to go for it,with new manager and adddtions to squad…

Also to add very few clubs paid the taxes/paye last season so there is that coming down the track..

Colcheter took the hit and paid everything up front and didn’t take loans or defer anything,reduced playing budget took a chance and it nearly backfired with relegation.but they got away with it…but crowds back they will be in a lot better position than most this season…that was their choice..
    Last edited by clarkey1974; 30-07-2021 at 09:21 AM.

[QUOTE=clarkey1974;39829940]Ipswich cut back and consolidated over the last two seasons and inadvertently choose the right time over COVID period to do it. this summer alot of the championship contracts was up and released and cleared the decks.no guarantee spending will get you anywhere but looks they decided this is the season to go for it,with new manager and adddtions to squad…

Also to add very few clubs paid the taxes/paye last season so there is that coming down the track..

Colcheter took the hit and paid everything up front and didn’t take loans or defer anything,reduced playing budget took a chance and it nearly backfired with relegation.but they got away with it…but crowds back they will be in a lot better position than most this season…that was their choice..[/QUOTE

Fair comment and you forgot to add Ipswich were £100 million in the red before new owners took over.
    We've just missed out on a striker and a attacking midfielder recently. To suggest we're not trying or not doing it the right way is a little unfair unless you know all the details.
    We lack strength in depth certainly but it's no good signing players just for the sake of it and as far as taking trialists to have a look at them other clubs have done the same. A difficult and frustrating pre - season recruitment and I expect us to still be in League 1 the following season, a period of reorganization may be required.

Bristol City sign Brett Pitman their thir****th signing of the season !

Wigan boss Leam Richardson targeting another six or seven signings after already signing 8 !

Portsmouth targeting another 5/6 signings after already signed 7

We are trying another method of recruitment wait until 90% of all players have moved and then just look in the bargain bucket ? saves a hell of a lot of work ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post

Sensible points about not making signings for signings sake, they have to be of the standard required. You can just feel a cloud of frustration hanging over everything we do at the moment. People panic, like someone said, we are worryingly threadbare.

Agents and players will always be to blame haha. Fools who don't want to play for the mighty Millers and agents always wanting more, pesky.

Fans of other clubs can say what they like but absolutely no chance we have ever bought our way out of the league. Unless you count buying (very rarely) players for sensible fees and them fitting what we are trying to do. That means everyone who gets promoted buys their way out to a degree.

Also we have gone from bidding actual £ for players(Rooney rathbone etc) to young full backs on trial with hardly any appearances behind them worrying is an understatement

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Ipswich cut back and consolidated over the last two seasons and inadvertently choose the right time over COVID period to do it. this summer alot of the championship contracts was up and released and cleared the decks.no guarantee spending will get you anywhere but looks they decided this is the season to go for it,with new manager and adddtions to squad…

Colcheter took the hit and paid everything up front and didn’t take loans or defer anything,reduced playing budget took a chance and it nearly backfired with relegation.but they got away with it…but crowds back they will be in a lot better position than most this season…that was their choice..
    Ipswich didn't consolidate. They were crippled by debt hanging over them, past their best players they couldn't get rid of and generally poor recruitment. They have been bailed out by new owners. They haven't done anything long term planning wise, they have just been so very average until $ came in. May still be to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    We were promised 3/4 players before the end of this week in last weeks Advertiser, now it’s 2 next week it’s simply not good enough it’s depressing the fan base, players and Warne by the sound of his last two interviews. It’s simply unprofessional? We play tonight with 13 pros if know one else is injured ? with the youth team and maybe a loanee or two to make the numbers up.
    At this stage of the season we should be like a well oiled Rolls Royce ready to roll out ? Looking at tickets sold both tonight and for the season you can see there is no enthusiasm for the season ! we might be fighting to stay out of the bottom six rather than get in the top six !!!
    I thought we were bidding on 4 but only likely to sign 2 of them.

Page 133 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast