+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 135 of 352 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3518

Thread: Todays games.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Ye i mentioned McGrath on Saturday after the game,he was involved in nearly all our good play. Hopefully we see how good a player he is in the upcoming games.
    He played 2 games for Wigan from January. Our pre-season was nothing but a disaster. Why is it though we have been calling for a pacy striker to partner Fletcher for all the great hold up play he does? Yet Happy doesn't get a sniff until Clark goes away and then it's when we are 2-0 down. United can't do anything positive in matches from the off.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    He played 2 games for Wigan from January. Our pre-season was nothing but a disaster. Why is it though we have been calling for a pacy striker to partner Fletcher for all the great hold up play he does? Yet Happy doesn't get a sniff until Clark goes away and then it's when we are 2-0 down. United can't do anything positive in matches from the off.
    Anaku hasn't even had a pre-season! I'd suggest him only making an appearance now is because of that, and nothing to do with Clark being away?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Anaku hasn't even had a pre-season! I'd suggest him only making an appearance now is because of that, and nothing to do with Clark being away?
    Yeah, this is more likely I think. Anaku looked really sharp and ready to go when he come on at the weekend. His touch and movement for our goal was superb. Got a bit of physique about him too which is great.

I thought he'd been on trial with us for weeks and played several bounce games

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I thought he'd been on trial with us for weeks and played several bounce games
    He has but its not a pre-season as such is it? The OP mentioned McGrath having not played many games then having a sh*te pre-season as a reason for his poor form but was quite happy having a dig at Utd for not giving Sadat earlier game time when he's probably had less of a pre-season than McGrath.

I like McGrath, even in the games we have been poor and he has been slated I don’t think he has hidden. The midfield looked better Saturday, as though it had been worked on, but the balance is still flawed and leaves the defence exposed at times.

Anaku pace and movement lifted the whole team Saturday, gives teammates options ahead. He might just be impact player just now, hopefully not, hopefully ready to start games as we are bouffing in that final third and crying out for pace.

He has but its not a pre-season as such is it? The OP mentioned McGrath having not played many games then having a sh*te pre-season as a reason for his poor form but was quite happy having a dig at Utd for not giving Sadat earlier game time when he's probably had less of a pre-season than McGrath.
    McGrath was brought in late though in regards to the start of the season. You can't say he featured a lot whether that was with Wigan or Dundee United pre-season wise. Happy was on a long trial with United and wasn't even being looked at by Ross by all accounts. I said Clark was ahead of him and I stand by that. Many posters have said we need a pacy striker in alongside Fletcher yet all we did was put Clark on or put Watt in the centre with Fletcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    McGrath was brought in late though in regards to the start of the season. You can't say he featured a lot whether that was with Wigan or Dundee United pre-season wise. Happy was on a long trial with United and wasn't even being looked at by Ross by all accounts. I said Clark was ahead of him and I stand by that. Many posters have said we need a pacy striker in alongside Fletcher yet all we did was put Clark on or put Watt in the centre with Fletcher.
    Pre-season I class more as fitness prior to the game time. Every Wigan player, including McGrath, would've gone through the rigours of that kind of pre-season. I think he played two, maybe three games for Wigan after that.

Clark maybe was ahead of Happy, until he got match fit. I saw one of his trial games and if I'm being honest, he looked miles off it. Genuinely didn't even look good in the reserve squad he was playing in. So I'd say he was a long way off being 1st team ready.

Has any of our squad had a proper pre-season? That trip abroad looked one big jolly—fannying about with yoga balls and having a right old laugh while our competitors were probably knocking in their pans. Just have to see the physical condition of Watt and Clark and how slow and ponderous we are. Like running through treacle.

On topic, for once Clarke has chosen the starting lineup I would have. Let's see if it works.

Page 135 of 352 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)