+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 135 of 530 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

I'd take Hayes back at the right price. Of course it's a bit of a gamble... but say it was £250K (I doubt Celtic would sell him for that to be honest) - it's less of a gamble than spending the same money on a guy from English League 1 who's untried in the SPL. At least we know Hayes is a top level player in this league, if he's fit and on form. The question mark is over his fitness and whether he's still the same player as he was pre-injury. The Stevie May gamble hasn't paid off so far, and I'd suggest if he doesn't improve this season his career at the top level is all but over - he'll find himself dropping down levels fairly quickly.

I like the sound of...

.......Rooney
    Hayes McGinn GMS

Plenty goals.

Also, just on a side note - GMS had a fairly up and down first season, but overall he's chipped in with a lot of goals and assists and probably had a better first season than Hayes had - so hopefully he'll come on stronger this season too.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I'd take Hayes back at the right price. Of course it's a bit of a gamble... but say it was £250K (I doubt Celtic would sell him for that to be honest) - it's less of a gamble than spending the same money on a guy from English League 1 who's untried in the SPL. At least we know Hayes is a top level player in this league, if he's fit and on form. The question mark is over his fitness and whether he's still the same player as he was pre-injury. The Stevie May gamble hasn't paid off so far, and I'd suggest if he doesn't improve this season his career at the top level is all but over - he'll find himself dropping down levels fairly quickly.

I like the sound of...

.......Rooney
    Hayes McGinn GMS

Plenty goals.

Also, just on a side note - GMS had a fairly up and down first season, but overall he's chipped in with a lot of goals and assists and probably had a better first season than Hayes had - so hopefully he'll come on stronger this season too.
    GMS did most of his good work / best games on the left.
    As much as I liked Hayes, I'd not be rushing in to have him back with the risk of his recovery and push GMS to the right.

That said, Hayes played pretty well in CM as well, so maybe play him there alongside Gleeson and allow Shinnie to LB

Hayes would be a great signing as a versatile player. What positions has he played for DM in his 4-2-3-1?

Goalkeeper - nope
    Right back - yes
    Centre back - nope
    Left back - yes
    Centre midfield - yes
    Wide left - yes
    Wide right - yes
    Attacking midfield/10 - yes
    Striker - yes

He could for instance easily settle in as long term LB

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Hayes would be a great signing as a versatile player. What positions has he played for DM in his 4-2-3-1?

Goalkeeper - nope
    Right back - yes
    Centre back - nope
    Left back - yes
    Centre midfield - yes
    Wide left - yes
    Wide right - yes
    Striker - yes

Two things;
    1) McInnes loves Considine and he will be plodding up and down the left flank (slowly) next season.
    2) We could actually sign a left back as opposed to putting a winger there?

Lifes not like that

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post

Goalkeeper - nope
    Right back - yes
    Centre back - nope
    Left back - yes
    Centre midfield - yes
    Wide left - yes
    Wide right - yes
    Striker - yes

Yes, he played well in central midfield and gave us some drive, aggression and pace there. I could see him as a left back - he covered back a lot when he was with us previously and the defensive side of his game is pretty good. Him and GMS combining on the left would be pretty tasty...

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Yes, he played well in central midfield and gave us some drive, aggression and pace there. I could see him as a left back - he covered back a lot when he was with us previously and the defensive side of his game is pretty good. Him and GMS combining on the left would be pretty tasty...

How about if we’re going to play Hayes at left back instead of signing him just signing a left back or perhaps play shinnie there

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    How about if we’re going to play Hayes at left back instead of signing him just signing a left back or perhaps play shinnie there
    The modern day wingback is full of examples where wingers are converted into attacking full backs.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    The modern day wingback is full of examples where wingers are converted into attacking full backs.
    That’s great do we play with wingbacks ?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Exactly, who’s to say Hayes isn’t a better left back than the other left backs available, just because he normally plays a little further forward.

Page 135 of 530 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast