+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 128 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts legal action

If Hearts and Partick win their case which may well happen we are staying down so i would like to think that a solution can be found,if not at least we have 3 derbies to look forward to and another 4 months fannying about on here.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    If Hearts and Partick win their case which may well happen we are staying down so i would like to think that a solution can be found,if not at least we have 3 derbies to look forward to and another 4 months fannying about on here.
    A court just cannot come to that ruling I'm afraid. Even if Hearts and Partick don't want to challenge the allocation of European places, I'm pretty sure it's a point we should be making as the flaw in their case. How can it possibly be OK to allow European qualification but not promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    A court just cannot come to that ruling I'm afraid. Even if Hearts and Partick don't want to challenge the allocation of European places, I'm pretty sure it's a point we should be making as the flaw in their case. How can it possibly be OK to allow European qualification but not promotion?
    I agree. I'm no lawyer but I would assume you cant disagree with A PART OF a ruling made by the SPFL you would have to claim in Court that the whole original ruling should be voided because you disagree with A PART OF what's in that ruling. I think the Celtic and the Rangers lawyers will sharpening their pencils.

I think a court can stop Hearts being relegated,that being the case we cannot be promoted because no one wants a 13 team top league.

The Hearts and Partick case has been put forward clearly by a lawyer,it keeps Celtic with their 9th title in a row,european places are protected and the lower league sides remain champions but just dinnie get anything for their efforts.

The end result is the season below the top 4 teams in Scotland is null and void,FACT.

I think a court can stop Hearts being relegated,that being the case we cannot be promoted because no one wants a 13 team top league.
    They will still need some basis for that to happen, not just that they don't fancy it. It was voted on and ratified by the governing body. Baffles the mind that a team that's done nothing except be 14 points clear in their division and have been declared champions because the league was called off, has to hire ****ing lawyers! We need to expel the pair of them as soon as possible.

The Hearts and Partick case has been put forward clearly by a lawyer,it keeps Celtic with their 9th title in a row,european places are protected and the lower league sides remain champions but just dinnie get anything for their efforts.

The end result is the season below the top 4 teams in Scotland is null and void,FACT.
    That's about the bones of it GB

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    That's about the bones of it GB
    Their biggest problem would be Glasgow Celtic and they are attempting to appease them by putting the crown on their head whilst shafting the other champions,but its all to the betterment of Scottish football as Fudgie often say's.

Whether we like it or not Hearts with billionaires and millionaires behind them have the finances in place to to take on the promoted sides,they cannot take on Celtic but they don't have to with their clever plan.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I agree. I'm no lawyer but I would assume you cant disagree with A PART OF a ruling made by the SPFL you would have to claim in Court that the whole original ruling should be voided because you disagree with A PART OF what's in that ruling. I think the Celtic and the Rangers lawyers will sharpening their pencils.
    Totally agree, it’s all or nothing, and sure (if push comes to shove) what the lawyers for United, Raith & Cove will argue, as well as the fact that it was not the SFL that ended the season, but the member clubs, so will Hearts et al try to sue us all??
    Hope they fecking go under for this sh!t

Yeah but my point is in a court of law you can't put forward a new proposal that's suitable to you, you can only claim that the proposal which disadvantaged your client should be overturned. Hearts solicitors could argue that part of that proposal disadvantaged the client but if successful it's not in the remit of the court to overturn only that part of it. They'd have to rule the whole proposal was invalid. I think.

Page 14 of 128 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)