+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Unofficial NCM Ashes thread

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Tom Harrison has to take the blame mainly he allowed this farce putting money first.

Silverwood/Root have got zero man management skills they havent had a plan for 2 years.

Hopefully there is no rain and it is a 5-0 job.

What does Foakes have to do to get a game, obviously his face dont fit does it much like Moheen, Bess, Curran and Leach all treated like sh*t.

What is likely to happen is Burns to come in for Hameed and maybe Broad for Robinson/Leach.

I predicted a 5-0 and I badly want it to happen as well
    There is a very good chance of rain in Sydney due to the La Nina weather pattern currently. Enough to end that match? Who knows but I doubt it. There is rain predicted though. And plenty of COVID there now as well so cancellation always a possibility! I wouldn't say I badly want 5-0 to happen I don't really care. Most of my Aussie mates are actually more sympathetic now as we are so bad and I have no defence at all on the cricketing front other than pointing to the increased amount of short form cricket in the old country compared to here, which obviously has it but not to the extent I believe there is in England. Hopefully we can do better in next years event here.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I wouldn't say I badly want 5-0 to happen I don't really care.
    Even though it gets mocked on here when people say they hope Notts lose, wanting 5-0 is very similar. No England cricket fan actually wants to lose 5-0, they just think it might be the kick up the arse that leads to a radical rethink in the hope things get better in the future.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Even though it gets mocked on here when people say they hope Notts lose, wanting 5-0 is very similar. No England cricket fan actually wants to lose 5-0, they just think it might be the kick up the arse that leads to a radical rethink in the hope things get better in the future.

I do want us to lose 5-0 as I want heads to roll and a complete hammering helps to achieve that.

Getting thrashed in India is one thing but Australia is another its the manner of defeats.

I dont totally blame the players though they have been put in this position by the ECB chasing money and Harrison SHOULD be number one out the door.

All the pundits slaughtered Sibley but at least he could bat 20-30 overs he might not be great but he is the best opener with Burns imo that is just the way it is.

Hameed will be next to be dropped and Burns will likely go back in but it not surprise me to see Malan open and Lawrence at 3 that is how stupid this set up is.

I understand Elite and whilst as you would know more than me, Notts have been pretty bad over the years I can't say I have ever wanted them to lose so that they get a kick up the arse. I can undertstand why you may bet against Notts from time to time. If Englands set up don't know that considerable reform is required by now then they will never know. That could take several things to make it happen such as increased introduction of short form games in Australia and elsewhere ( the IPL+) less test matches being played by others and so on. I can't see how much can be done for England to address the lack of batting prowess required to compete in test matches especially away from England that isn't going to take decades and in the money chase that the short form game provides compared to test matches at county cricket level especially can you think of any solutions? I can't. It's a situation that may only be corrected by the deterioration of other teams rather than the improvement of our own!

We need Root and Branch reforms.
    1) Root has to be stripped of the captaincy, great batsman but no tactical nouse
    2) Anderson and Broad put to pasture. We need to start blooding younger ones and accept the next few years will be painful
    3) Leach wouldn't bowl out Ruddington 2nd Eleven never mind the Aussies. He has to also be put out to pasture
    4) What's Brian Close, David Steele and Geoff Boycott doing? Better than this lot even if one is dead. Neigh even swop Stuart for Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    1) Root has to be stripped of the captaincy, great batsman but no tactical nouse
    2) Anderson and Broad put to pasture. We need to start blooding younger ones and accept the next few years will be painful
    3) Leach wouldn't bowl out Ruddington 2nd Eleven never mind the Aussies. He has to also be put out to pasture
    4) What's Brian Close, David Steele and Geoff Boycott doing? Better than this lot even if one is dead. Neigh even swop Stuart for Chris
    Those were the days when the openers were Robinson and Broad. Did they play together?

We need a proper captain, not pick the team then choose one from it.

Brearley, Gatting, Grieg etc., ......

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Those were the days when the openers were Robinson and Broad. Did they play together?

We need a proper captain, not pick the team then choose one from it.

Brearley, Gatting, Grieg etc., ......
    Brearley was a poor batsman by test cricket standards, but as a captain he had the knack of making the right decisions at the right time and getting the best from his team. Root is the polar opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Yay, I knew someone would call for ‘root and branch reform’, just like they do after every other time we’ve been thrashed by the Aussies.

I still don’t know what it means, other than dropping a load of players and scrapping 20/20.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yay, I knew someone would call for ‘root and branch reform’, just like they do after every other time we’ve been thrashed by the Aussies.

I still don’t know what it means, other than dropping a load of players and scrapping 20/20.
    I'd keep Root as a batsman, but what exactly has Branch contributed?

According to the stats, only slightly less than most of the squad.

Brearley was a poor batsman by test cricket standards, but as a captain he had the knack of making the right decisions at the right time and getting the best from his team. Root is the polar opposite.
    He averaged around 22, but his captaincy skills were worth many more. He was also a good slip fielder.

There aren't players like him around now.

31 tests as captain, W17, D10. , L4

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast