+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Roundwood

True, Thanks for the fact check.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    American dream can't come to rufc because Tony Stewart won't let it.

Working man club owned by a working man
    Your obsession with Mr Stewart is on a par Gru's dugout obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Can't see money being spent on new training facilities, after QPR spending 12m on
    improving facilities at the clubs new training ground, last year.

Rotherham United don't have that amount of money, & looking at QPR's financial
    accounts for 2023, they couldn't.

[Doing a seperate thread on QPR financial accounts 2022-23 season.]
    I think the issue isn’t we need to spend £12m like qpr, the point is why buy land and promise to develop it and do nothing in SIX years? We know our facilities are not fit for purpose, multiple managers have stated this so it is seen as a big issue by those that matter. Incremental change could have been done over the last ten years and just think what we would have had, player sales and TV money could have been used as well. We don’t even have an external all weather pitch, we can afford that at least as an incremental change. The lack of communication, the lack of a plan, the lack of following through on statements made many years ago cannot be defended and are rightly questioned.

My wife worked for Ben Baileys building firm from Mexborough for 28 years, the firm bought out in 2007
    by building firm Gladedale, who my wife carried on working for.
    The Ben Bailey brand is back in conjunction with Conroy Brook a property developer.

Even though Ben Bailey sold the firm to Gladedale, the Bailey family hold land for development, which
    they bought quite a few years back, they have not built on the different locations.
    So to the point, you don't have to build on land you have bought, you build when the time is right to
    make a financial killing.

My wife worked for Ben Baileys building firm from Mexborough for 28 years, the firm bought out in 2007
    The Ben Bailey brand is back in conjunction with Conroy Brook a property developer.

Even though Ben Bailey sold the firm to Gladedale, the Bailey family hold land for development, which
    they bought quite a few years back, they have not built on the different locations.
    So to the point, you don't have to build on land you have bought, you build when the time is right to
    but that is not what TS said in his interview, it was bought to be used by Rotherham United as a training facility, you can defend the decision to not provide manager after manager with basic facilities all you want, with personal anecdotes but the facts are the facts and the footballing infrastructure that supports the first team squad is not at the standard required for long term stability.
    Also your first argument is we don't have the money to invest, then you changed it to we are keeping the land for the future to make a financial killing, which is it?

Interesting that Sheffield Council are in the news today for finally paying off the loans from the world student games. Taking out such loans was the only way to get things built.

Same with Bawtry Road or Roundwood loans will be needed and a pay back period agreed.

Assets to back the loans would also be needed, should the club default on the loans.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    but that is not what TS said in his interview, it was bought to be used by Rotherham United as a training facility, you can defend the decision to not provide manager after manager with basic facilities all you want, with personal anecdotes but the facts are the facts and the footballing infrastructure that supports the first team squad is not at the standard required for long term stability.
    Also your first argument is we don't have the money to invest, then you changed it to we are keeping the land for the future to make a financial killing, which is it?
    Read my post Derbymiller
    I meant Baileys holding the land for a financial killing, not Tony Stewart.

But also realise the Millers don't have the money to spend on a large development, so Tony Stewart will have to sit
    on the land he has aquired, or sell it to a housing developer.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 22-02-2024 at 10:34 AM.

Richardson can't let this drag on and needs written confirmation, that while we build a new training complex, we rent from Donny or Barnsley while this is completed.It's absolutely crazy nothing has been done for so many years when Roundwood has been condemned by every manager we've had.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Richardson can't let this drag on and needs written confirmation, that while we build a new training complex, we rent from Donny or Barnsley while this is completed.It's absolutely crazy nothing has been done for so many years when Roundwood has been condemned by every manager we've had.
    How's that work?

Out of work manager gets RUFC job after a number of other managers turn the job down. Manager approaches trigger happy chairman and starts making demands.

Pretty sure I know where that ends.

Surely the task of asking for better facilities lies with the Director of football operations and not the 1st team coach.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    How's that work?

Out of work manager gets RUFC job after a number of other managers turn the job down. Manager approaches trigger happy chairman and starts making demands.

Pretty sure I know where that ends.

Surely the task of asking for better facilities lies with the Director of football operations and not the 1st team coach.
    Howdy,take the blinkers off ,you know what the problem is.So many managers over a number of years can't be wrong.National league chairmen spend more on training ground facilities than us.WHY?

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast