+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: O/T DUP still not playing ball..

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Yesterday afternoon you didn't want me to answer your questions, but by the late evening you did. Make your mind up.

I'd accept that growing the economy is the only practical solution. To that end, I'd continue with the progress that has been made to reduce the budget deficit.

On homelessness, I'd accept that there will be no change until the supply side of the housing market is addressed. Whether the promises in the budget to do so amount to much remains to be seen. I would also accept that the complex reasons behind homelessness have existed under governments of every hue and will continue to do so.

What I wouldn't do is vote for a party that prioritises nationalising businesses over tackling poverty, advocates policies that will increase unemployment and inflation and which is willing to borrow billions to buy middle class votes by scrapping tuition fees - the progressive taxation solution to the question of how to fund such a high proportion of people going to university.
    Dodged like a grey old politician learned in the dark art of...dodging, you just put a massive two fingers up to millions of people struggling week in week out fella, in short you don't give two f*cks.

The truth is we do have the wherewithall in this country to tackle it, properly, the people holding us back are the tories, yourself, the regressives.

You keep harping back to the 70's, in 1979 the proportion of kids living in poverty stood at 14%....In 2017 the proportion of kids living in poverty stands at 30% (4 million kids)

Bring back the 70's...

It doesn't matter how you voted in the referendum you are still entitled to be represented with integrity , honesty and credibility .

This is not about keeping the tories in power at all costs to the detriment of the electorate .

Not fit for office and an embarrassment .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ys-verhofstadt

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It doesn't matter how you voted in the referendum you are still entitled to be represented with integrity , honesty and credibility .

This is not about keeping the tories in power at all costs to the detriment of the electorate .

Not fit for office and an embarrassment .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ys-verhofstadt

lol The Guardian, a rag that's slightly to the left of the Daily Worker

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The Guardian has spent most of the last 2.5 years slating Corbyn! How did you work that one out?

At the very least, it's centre left.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    The Guardian has spent most of the last 2.5 years slating Corbyn! How did you work that one out?

At the very least, it's centre left.
    Really?

Well here's some opinion

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/03/07...ks-newspapers/

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

They've only just got over losing Tony , it only took 9 years .

There wasn't a scrap of support for Corbyn for almost two years , the election manifesto turned their heads , the tory lead disappeared and now they would have you believe they formed Momentum .

I read the Guardian but you are I guess a Daily Mail reader , there's a difference .

I also read the hard left Independent and New Statesman .

I'm influenced by life experiences Gist not publications , I know what I know because I've witnessed and experienced it .

I aint no fancy dan lawyer who makes his living twisting facts and conning jurors , you know who you are .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    They've only just got over losing Tony , it only took 9 years .

There wasn't a scrap of support for Corbyn for almost two years , the election manifesto turned their heads , the tory lead disappeared and now they would have you believe they formed Momentum .

I read the Guardian but you are I guess a Daily Mail reader , there's a difference .

I also read the hard left Independent and New Statesman .

I'm influenced by life experiences Gist not publications , I know what I know because I've witnessed and experienced it .

I aint no fancy dan lawyer who makes his living twisting facts and conning jurors , you know who you are .

That's the big irony, had Labour had a leader that was more credible to mainstream Britain than Corbyn then they might have won the last election, such was the backlash to austerity and the Brexit (lack of) progress.

True the rabid left wingers and gullible twitter users would have backed Corbyn to make him look popular but in reality he barely got more seats than the much reported failure of Gordon Brown in 2010. Improvement yes but should have been a hell of a lot better.

With the majority of the UK the mantra of "tax the rich" doesn't really work and the traditional politics of envy come over as old fashioned. Most smart folks know that you can't spend more than you raise in revenue so Corbyn style politics make them wary.

Do any of you lot actually DO anything, other than keep regurgitating the same old tripe on a message board?

YAWN YAWN ZZZzzzz

Too many economically illiterate individuals on here. Most don’t understand how an economy works, or what drives progress. Most don't appreciate the basis of hard earned success and graft.

'Hand outs R US' brigade.

Wouldn't mind if these people truly wanted a better society but these loud mouths/ keyboard warriors, just want more pie for themselves.

Why don't you brilliant minds club together and set up a 'not for profit' business? I'm sure with your mind set, it will be a roaring success and you'll help the masses. I might apply for a job myself.

Moan, moan moan. Give it up FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Do any of you lot actually DO anything, other than keep regurgitating the same old tripe on a message board?

YAWN YAWN ZZZzzzz

Too many economically illiterate individuals on here. Most don’t understand how an economy works, or what drives progress. Most don't appreciate the basis of hard earned success and graft.

Wouldn't mind if these people truly wanted a better society but these loud mouths/ keyboard warriors, just want more pie for themselves.

Why don't you brilliant minds club together and set up a 'not for profit' business? I'm sure with your mind set, it will be a roaring success and you'll help the masses. I might apply for a job myself.

Yep, I agree, so that's me "over and out" on these political threads.

It is getting boring

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post

YAWN YAWN ZZZzzzz

Why don't you tell us illiterate species then , just a little word of caution , I'm centre left and a Corbyn man , worked hard all my life , started an online business 12 years ago and made money until having to close it down due to personal reasons , our home is paid off and we are comfortable , I consider myself lucky because all tory governments have ever done is destroy my town and a good number of it's people .

My views are not about me , if I was starting out today I wouldn't have had a chance to get on a bit in life .

That's what drives me , I want my kids , step kids , their kids to do even better for themselves , that's not going to happen if things don't change .

Sorry to bore you so much it must get lonely in insular land .

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast