+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Trump

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    George dubbya and Gerald Ford weren't actually members of Mensa
    Ronnie Reagan too?

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Not interested in excuses or reasons for losing my friend. In my book you either win a bet or lose a bet ....... end of. As said many times on here, I consider the Donald crooked, arrogant and a braggart but he is the Yank's President, voted in by his own people, not us. For all your 'academic' liberal thinking Sidney you have been way out on your political forecasts concerning Trump. Remember how you harped on about the Mueller report doing him damage as well as well as him getting impeached by your liberal counterparts and being kicked out of office? Of course Pelosi will impeach but it's all a desperate bid to help the Dems in November. It won't work mate and botox Nancy and her silly liberal followers will lose yet again. Basically the same is happening in the UK. Boris has thrown out the remoaning weeds, which needed doing years ago and now has an unbeatable majority. Not bad for a newly elected PM is it after all the bilge that has been thrown at him. Funny we don't hear much about the Backstop thing nowadays isn't it. All of a sudden Stormont is back working again, Brexit on track and the idiots of Labour in complete disarray. Corbyn and his mob sent packing, the inept Swinson gone and the Lib Dems back to where they belong, a party of no consequence. As said not bad for Bozo the clown is it?
    Great post Serious!

Not interested in excuses or reasons for losing my friend. In my book you either win a bet or lose a bet ....... end of. As said many times on here, I consider the Donald crooked, arrogant and a braggart but he is the Yank's President, voted in by his own people, not us. For all your 'academic' liberal thinking Sidney you have been way out on your political forecasts concerning Trump. Remember how you harped on about the Mueller report doing him damage as well as well as him getting impeached by your liberal counterparts and being kicked out of office? Of course Pelosi will impeach but it's all a desperate bid to help the Dems in November. It won't work mate and botox Nancy and her silly liberal followers will lose yet again. Basically the same is happening in the UK. Boris has thrown out the remoaning weeds, which needed doing years ago and now has an unbeatable majority. Not bad for a newly elected PM is it after all the bilge that has been thrown at him. Funny we don't hear much about the Backstop thing nowadays isn't it. All of a sudden Stormont is back working again, Brexit on track and the idiots of Labour in complete disarray. Corbyn and his mob sent packing, the inept Swinson gone and the Lib Dems back to where they belong, a party of no consequence. As said not bad for Bozo the clown is it?
    The back stop. So what do you think has happened? Has that problem just disappeared? Of course it hasn't! My guess is that we'll get the customs checks, border etc.

He was still throwing out the '50,000' new nurses, 40 new hospitals etc. yesterday - keep saying it and he thinks we'll all believe it.

I am glad he got in (voted Tory as a least worse option) but I'm afraid that imo his majority is too big.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    The back stop. So what do you think has happened? Has that problem just disappeared? Of course it hasn't! My guess is that we'll get the customs checks, border etc.

He was still throwing out the '50,000' new nurses, 40 new hospitals etc. yesterday - keep saying it and he thinks we'll all believe it.

I am glad he got in (voted Tory as a least worse option) but I'm afraid that imo his majority is too big.
    Just a reply MM ..... ref the so called Backstop etc.

All I said was one doesn't hear it mentioned much now ..... and here's my opinion on the matter.

Originally (May's deal) we alone couldn't withdraw from the deal unless the EU also agreed, which meant we could, in theory, have been at their mercy and trapped in the backstop arrangement for ever if the EU so decreed. Boris has altered all that and yes, there may be checks, BUT not on the mainland of Ireland border. All this is to protect the peace agreement which decreed no checks or 'customs posts' be ever on the mainland at the border. As said in my earlier post, Stormont is up and running again which makes a hell of a difference as both Unionists and Republicans can debate all manner of topics and more importantly both sides want this.

Most of the UK and Irish populations will not be affected by whatever arrangements are finally agreed to and to be honest how many of us care? I certainly don't. Similarly all the absolute crap spouted about lorry queues on the roads to the ports and the absolute catastrophic loss of jobs if we left the EU (Fatw@t Thornberry the main culprit) in my opinion will never happen. Another example of fear mongering is the so called shortage of life saving drugs that may happen when we leave ........ No way on God's earth will the drug manufacturers allow this ... the NHS is the single biggest drugs buyer on earth and every supplier will make sure their continuity of supply gets through In other words these people will protect the supply contracts they already have, they are too valuable to them to lose.

The Tory majority too big? I can see your point of view but the electorate decided this, not the politicians, and I lay the blame 100% on the deluded fool Corbyn and his front bench supporters. There are many good friends of mine who are good solid Labour voters but abstained last December. They couldn't bring themselves to vote Tory but also couldn't support Corbyn and his crew. It's always our opinions on this board, nothing else, but unless the Labour party moves back to the centre I can't see them ever getting back into power especially if Boris delivers on the main issues of his manifesto.

Mind you, time is a strange thing. I've been a Notts fan for over 70 years (obviously little lad to old man). I remember us returning to league football after the war, I've had the privilege to watch Tommy Lawton (best header of a ball ever), I've had the pleasure to see Jimmy and Jack plus Neil take us to the 1st division and I've also seen us relegated from the football league. In other words a complete turn of fortunes from highs to lows ....... but still my club. So yes, perhaps the day may come when a genuine moderate Labour party gets returned to power, we shall have to wait and see what Father Time gives us.

Just a reply MM ..... ref the so called Backstop etc.

All I said was one doesn't hear it mentioned much now ..... and here's my opinion on the matter.

Originally (May's deal) we alone couldn't withdraw from the deal unless the EU also agreed, which meant we could, in theory, have been at their mercy and trapped in the backstop arrangement for ever if the EU so decreed. Boris has altered all that and yes, there may be checks, BUT not on the mainland of Ireland border. All this is to protect the peace agreement which decreed no checks or 'customs posts' be ever on the mainland at the border. As said in my earlier post, Stormont is up and running again which makes a hell of a difference as both Unionists and Republicans can debate all manner of topics and more importantly both sides want this.

Most of the UK and Irish populations will not be affected by whatever arrangements are finally agreed to and to be honest how many of us care? I certainly don't. Similarly all the absolute crap spouted about lorry queues on the roads to the ports and the absolute catastrophic loss of jobs if we left the EU (Fatw@t Thornberry the main culprit) in my opinion will never happen. Another example of fear mongering is the so called shortage of life saving drugs that may happen when we leave ........ No way on God's earth will the drug manufacturers allow this ... the NHS is the single biggest drugs buyer on earth and every supplier will make sure their continuity of supply gets through In other words these people will protect the supply contracts they already have, they are too valuable to them to lose.

The Tory majority too big? I can see your point of view but the electorate decided this, not the politicians, and I lay the blame 100% on the deluded fool Corbyn and his front bench supporters. There are many good friends of mine who are good solid Labour voters but abstained last December. They couldn't bring themselves to vote Tory but also couldn't support Corbyn and his crew. It's always our opinions on this board, nothing else, but unless the Labour party moves back to the centre I can't see them ever getting back into power especially if Boris delivers on the main issues of his manifesto.

Mind you, time is a strange thing. I've been a Notts fan for over 70 years (obviously little lad to old man). I remember us returning to league football after the war, I've had the privilege to watch Tommy Lawton (best header of a ball ever), I've had the pleasure to see Jimmy and Jack plus Neil take us to the 1st division and I've also seen us relegated from the football league. In other words a complete turn of fortunes from highs to lows ....... but still my club. So yes, perhaps the day may come when a genuine moderate Labour party gets returned to power, we shall have to wait and see what Father Time gives us.
    Thanks for a good reply.

Where do you think the checks will be? Boris said there wouldn't be any checks or paperwork. Let's see. I'm afraid he seems like someone who says whatever will be the best at the time, whether it's true or not. The 50,000 nurses is a prime example - it's not true but he keeps coming out with it. Interesting that I was talking to a group of children who thought Boris Johnson was Donald Trump. He might not be, but he's certainly got the same tendencies.

Regarding the drugs, only yesterday I was talking to two people who have been struggling to get prescription drugs which they need. Coincidence? I think it probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'll be sure to. He's a Good man
    He was certainly quite the gentleman every day that I was on set with him.
    As for Notts,well,Frings aint what they used to be.
    I for one miss the exciting wing play of Marcel Cas and the buzz in the crowd whenever we passed to the Dutchie on the left hand side.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    You see Sid, I don't think I am as old as you, but if Social Media was around during Carter's time or Reagan's time, the right and left would be saying the same about them.

Many people who hate Trump (hate is a strong word, but some people do actually hate him, even though they have had no first hand contact with him), despised him prior to the 2016 election for what he said he was going to do if he got in power, then slated him for doing what he said he was going to do in power.

Trump is of the belief that wealth filters down from the top. You make the rich, richer and that will benefit all.

People who oppose that view believe that wealth should be forcefully taken from the rich (when I say forcefully, I mean through taxes) and distributed amongst the less wealthy.

I am not arguing either point, but what I will argue, is that most mindless capitalists will try and obtain their wealth at all costs. That is why the US is in such a state as previous administrations, Democrat and Republican alike, have allowed unlimited imports into the country at the expense of US jobs. Trump bucks the trend. He is an isolationist. He is also a businessman and realises that the US is the biggest market in the world and could feasibly be self sufficient. THAT is the reason the powers that be in the rest of the world are leading the Anti-Trump march and unfortunately many of the people who dislike him so much don't understand how they are being fed propaganda from the left-wing led media. Please don't say that the media isn't left-wing because as far back as anyone can go, 'free-thinking' media have predominantly been left-wing.

After recently spending time with friends in the US who run businesses there, they pointed out how Anti-Trump the majority of the media is, but his popularity is increasing, as many Americans are feeling his policies in a positive way in their pockets. You cannot imagine the vitriol against him.

The Republicans are polarised, whereas the Democrats are splintered. I think Trump will get in with an even bigger majority than last time.
    On this we can agree: the Democrats are a busted flush, with no personality emerging who could establish them as a credible alternative.
    After that, we are poles apart. The problem with Trump's isolationism is that he pays no heed to a world community. If we are to save the planet then people must work in unison. Giving people jobs and money, everything, is second to the effect of climate change. I can't think of a worse world leader to be in charge at such a perilous time. Do you agree with his placing friends and family in high office?
    And no, you're wrong. The media is not left wing. The world is so skewed to being pro capitalist and right-thinking that any opposition to this course can be perceived as 'left'. The British press is so right wing that it makes the BBC look radical

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    On this we can agree: the Democrats are a busted flush, with no personality emerging who could establish them as a credible alternative.
    After that, we are poles apart. The problem with Trump's isolationism is that he pays no heed to a world community. If we are to save the planet then people must work in unison. Giving people jobs and money, everything, is second to the effect of climate change. I can't think of a worse world leader to be in charge at such a perilous time. Do you agree with his placing friends and family in high office?
    And no, you're wrong. The media is not left wing. The world is so skewed to being pro capitalist and right-thinking that any opposition to this course can be perceived as 'left'. The British press is so right wing that it makes the BBC look radical
    What about Xi Jinping the Chinese president? The Chinese burn more coal by far than the US.

By the way my pal Donald has just signed off part 1 of the new US/China trade deal so looks like the Don's tough stance with them is paying off after all as he knew it would.

Naturally you look after your pals and family first Sidney. I must nominate you for membership of the Scarborough 7147 Lodge where you will be enlightened.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-01-2020 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Re-replaced ethnic nickname generally considered racist. Do NOT re-edit it again.

What about Xi Jinping the Chinese president? The Chinese burn more coal by far than the US.

By the way my pal Donald has just signed off part 1 of the new US/China trade deal so looks like the Don's tough stance with them is paying off after all as he knew it would.

Naturally you look after your pals and family first Sidney. I must nominate you for membership of the Scarborough 7147 Lodge where you will be enlightened.
    I think Swale spotted a chink in your armour SP

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    I think Swale spotted a chink in your armour SP
    Indeed.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast