+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Woking 05.12.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    The subs definitely made the difference. Sam and Rodrigues were becoming more and more isolated as the game wore on, in fact, Sam struggled all afternoon to get into the game.
    I agree that the subs made a difference, but I think they were pretty obvious decisions to make rather than any sort of tactical masterstroke. Rodrigues and Sam have a part to play, but this just wasn't their type of game. The big positive is that we have far more strength in depth at this level than most other clubs, which should be to our advantage with games coming thick and fast.

Tough watch but I think some credit to Woking for pressing and not allowing us to be free flowing as against Wealdstone. Thought Enzio did well when he came on and Walker showed a few good touches which brightened up a sluggish Notts display. Can think of times in Notts’ history when we would have ended up losing that one 1-0 so winning was the main thing and onto the next game. Well done Kyle who was clearly not on form but kept going and I suspect that opponents have learnt from last season and nullified some of his threat. I see Halifax scored five again so have obviously turned the corner. Just a pity we dropped two points against them at the death but since then our defending has been, on the whole, robust and effective.

Quote Originally Posted by symewillscore View Post
    Always cracks me up

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    And thats also why he should have started the match! - if Walker is a better player than Enzio then fine but you should always start with your best and strongest 11.
    I agree, but Enzio has been inconsistent this season so doesn't warrant a guaranteed start. Plenty don't want him starting games cos he goes MIA in games. When he does go completely missing in a game everyone is better than him.

Personally I like him, he can change a game out of the blue like nobody else can in the squad as he showed since he joined Notts especially last season but if not 100% then bench is best.

Although you said if not fully fit he shouldn't be on the bench. Thank god the manager didn't follow your rule because whether he was fatigued or not fully fit he was put on the bench brought on with 30 mins to go and his bit of magic won us the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    NA explains that one in the post match interview. Apparently he got Covid at the end of the club's Covid crisis and then he's been playing catch-up after missing 20+ days instead of 10 due to self-isolation.
    Thanks for that, the interview cut off on Radio Nottingham earlier.

Wonder who’s on penalties on Tuesday night. I hoped Wootton might learn after the penalty miss against Altrincham, but today’s was exactly the same - too close to the centre and a nice height for the goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe it's an age thing, but I find all this talk of 'fatigue' a load of bollox. These are blokes in the prime years of their physical health and they can't run around for 90 minutes twice a week without getting 'fatigued'?
    It’s not from my experience only at lower league level, I was one on the fittest players, but some of my fellow teammates as much as they trained hard just couldn’t maintain it, Doyle’s a freak but their will be a few more like him going forward with the education and right management of their bodies, but primarily it’s their physical make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I agree that the subs made a difference, but I think they were pretty obvious decisions to make rather than any sort of tactical masterstroke. Rodrigues and Sam have a part to play, but this just wasn't their type of game. The big positive is that we have far more strength in depth at this level than most other clubs, which should be to our advantage with games coming thick and fast.
    Obvious or genius I don't care as long as when we bring someone on it works more often than not.

Agree that the strength in depth of our squad allows lots of opportunities to change the game from the bench. What is very pleasing to see is the changes are happening on the hour and not the traditional 70+ minutes. Always frustrating as a supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    It’s not from my experience only at lower league level, I was one on the fittest players, but some of my fellow teammates as much as they trained hard just couldn’t maintain it
    Who did you play for?

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Who did you play for?
    I never say, as most of us wanna keep private, but never Notts unfortunately, nor did the chance come up. But the reason why I defend Ardley around he doesn’t motivate players is rubbish, footballers at all levels only give a monkeys about themselves, the managers are only any good if he picks you, in reality the best managers are the ones that make you feel important when yer not being picked regularly and get yer fighting for that place and I reckon Ardley is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I never say, as most of us wanna keep private.
    Such a tease 😁

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast