+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Stockport County 16.01.21 [FAT]

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Hear bloody hear!! And it's those buggers who shafted this board several years ago. They just CANNOT stop trying to prove themselves right.
    I suppose the obvious answer is that posters like you, who appear to have detailed knowledge as to how a messageboard should really function, post a bit more often than you do and then you would quickly become the majority you seem to crave.

Instead, you occasionally whine about what you hope to read, without ever making more than a minimal contribution towards your goal.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Don’t be ridiculous, the arguments / disagreements are great, what the board should all be about. A lot of what you all write is interesting and entertaining, however there’s a group of you who just can’t help yourselves but bicker and insult like kids in a playground. You all always have to have the last word, it destroys otherwise interesting threads and certainly puts me off reading further and hence maybe missing some of the more enlightened comment.
    "enlightened comment" on a footy forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Fair interview, and view of today’s game.

Earlier poster suggested we were second best for most of the game, don’t subscribe to that view. They were better towards the end and should of scored. But not majority.

Would definitely like to see more of Wolfe. Unlike a lot of posters, I’m not anti Doyle. Maybe rotate Doyle and Reeves depending on performances. I definitely don’t want to see a midfield 3 of Doyle, Reeves and O’Brien.

Knowles, as others have said would like to see him given a run in a front 2. I would definitely consider 4-4-2.

Overall, wins a win and not a bad performance after missing a few weeks.
    A fair summing up this.

What shouldn’t be lost today were Knowles and Wolfe were ok today and put a good shift in, same as the previous games they have played before. Similar to osbourne and Crawford last season, hopefully in the next few weeks Ardley won’t be vilified for not picking them more than the likes of Doyle, yeah they’ve played ok and can improve but there’s not startling signs they should be regulars in the first 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Great idea. Let's remove all argument from the board and leave it to the likes of CamPie to post.

I'm sure it would be far, far more interesting then.
    He does have a point though.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    He does have a point though.
    If you want to read 3 agreeable posts per day, he probably does have a point. You know as well as I do what happened to a 'certain board' when all argument and dissent was suppressed, because you used to post on it. It was meant to become a really happy place where posters had great discussions and nobody fell out. It died a death in a matter of weeks.

This board is what it is, and it will never be right for some.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    We were fairly decent today, no stand out performances and they did finish a bit stronger. I think Knowles is better playing in a 2 up front, he’s not strong enough to battle on the sides but would certainly get goals playing off someone else. Wolfe did ok, Ardley has said he would play more, he has had a hard start to his Notts spell with getting Covid and then getting up to speed.
    Knowles I agree with and would like to see him become a regular starter unless he gets recalled. I liked the look of Wolfe and it will be interesting to see if he can push Doyle out of that regular midfield spot. If I was being sceptical I think he’s going to have to do a lot to get regular starts but on the other hand there is an awful lot of games to play this calendar year and squad rotation and depth will be key.

I thought our goalkeeper made an excellent save at a crucial time and we got a bit of luck with the ball hitting the post otherwise it could have been a 3-1 defeat. Likewise I felt Rodrigues did really well on one occasion on a counter attack and should have taken a shot when on the edge of the box but passed it wide and the moment had gone and Stockport players were back by then.

I was happy with the result in the end as we won and that’s what the players and manager get paid to do win games especially cup games. It wasn’t a classic for me certainly first half but there are positives to take out of it and we are in the next round and it’s job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If you want to read 3 agreeable posts per day, he probably does have a point. You know as well as I do what happened to a 'certain board' when all argument and dissent was suppressed, because you used to post on it. It was meant to become a really happy place where posters had great discussions and nobody fell out. It died a death in a matter of weeks.

This board is what it is, and it will never be right for some.
    Nobody wants to suppress discussion or debate but carrying on petty arguments because people don't like each other gets rather tedious.
    It seems that certain posters become like red rag to a bull to some and they feel the need to challenge them whatever the subject and have the last word.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Nobody wants to suppress discussion or debate but carrying on petty arguments because people don't like each other gets rather tedious.
    It seems that certain posters become like red rag to a bull to some and they feel the need to challenge them whatever the subject and have the last word.
    What on earth gave you that idea 1961?

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast