+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Yeovil Town 23.03.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    That isn't optimism, it's just that we 'could' win 3-2 with a barnstorming second half comeback. Unlikely admittedly
    Ill have a drink of what your on

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Ill have a drink of what your on
    Sure. Milk and sugar? Surely you aren't disputing that the result isn't confirmed until the game is complete?

If we lose tonight that will be the title gone for me as that will be eight defeats. We have never looked like a title winning team all season and need to have a run of six wins in a row and I just can’t see this side doing anything like that unless something special happens somehow.

The best I think we can hope for is upper playoffs second or third. It’s not helping tonight that results are not going our way. We might have games in hand but we need points on the board.

I really hope we can comeback into this because we need to get a point out of tonight to stop others below us in the table breathing down our necks.

Thinking back 30-some years to when Neil Warnock took over an underperforming team from John Barnwell, one his notable early actions in his first few months was to cull from the team, and then from the club, a number of older senior professionals whose performances were no longer matching the respect they seemed to think they deserved. In fairly short order, Hart, Birtles, Pike were left in no doubt that their time was up and that the new manager wanted younger, more athletic, hungrier players who were up for the battle week in, week out.

I suspect if Neil Warnock walked through the door now, Michael Doyle's seemingly exalted status would be very quickly diminished. And Ben Turner wouldn't be far behind.
    Last edited by jackal2; 23-03-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    If we lose tonight that will be the title gone for me as that will be eight defeats. We have never looked like a title winning team all season and need to have a run of six wins in a row and I just can’t see this side doing anything like that unless something special happens somehow.

The best I think we can hope for is upper playoffs second or third. It’s not helping tonight that results are not going our way. We might have games in hand but we need points on the board.

I really hope we can comeback into this because we need to get a point out of tonight to stop others below us in the table breathing down our necks.
    Yep, we need to get on with it. COYP!

This is the worst Notts team in history. We are going nowhere.

There will never be a better opportunity to get out of this league. Next season there will most likely be a rejuvenated Wrexham, Chesterfield and Stockport as well as Grimsby and Southend.

This midfield wasn't good enough for league 2 two years ago. Why are three of them still playing?

Wootton is our best player and even he couldn't get in S****horpe's team.

Dark times.

What formation would you say we are playing right now?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Sure. Milk and sugar? Surely you aren't disputing that the result isn't confirmed until the game is complete?
    Not at all Swale... I feel better now Turner is off, we have had 2 sniffs already this half but just dont look like scoring... Wootton seriously needs to do something this half to justify his place on the field... we will wait and see

I think people should leave Swale alone. He's trying to enjoy the match and stay positive. I understand that. I also understand why people are effed off. Let's all chill out a bit guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffthewalls View Post
    What formation would you say we are playing right now?
    Innit 4-4-2?

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast