+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Mickey Mellon

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    I don't see where the love for McIness comes from.

His budget whilst at Aberdeen was substantial and he got them to where they should be given the size of the club. Only won one cup though. So he's competent, but no more than that.

He wouldn't get anywhere near the budget he had up there if he was our manager.

I think he's dour. And, apart from a couple of decent early years during his tenure, his teams played dour football. Just ask the sheep.

We don't know what a Mellon team looks like, because he's not had the budget or time to build it yet. But I reckon he's the man for us.

He needs backed financially though.

Also, if Micky feels that he needs TA to back off a bit, then that is exactly what should happen.

We need a happy manager that knows the club will back him in every way possible to get a good team on the park.

All this background noise and speculation is not good news for anyone who want United to get back to being a steady top six side reaching/winning cup finals in 'good years but not dropping below 6th in the league in a 'bad' year.

There is no love, just an obvious good choice who would get us back to regular top 4-6 finishes, which is what we want, so would be a good choice for a few seasons

I agree he is overrated as had a huge budget at Aberdeen and his pick of players but he still rebuilt many times and got consistency, he managed to do a good job with St Johnstone on a wee budget and theyve never looked back ever since his time in charge

However all speculation with regards rumours etc

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    I don't see where the love for McIness comes from.

His budget whilst at Aberdeen was substantial and he got them to where they should be given the size of the club. Only won one cup though. So he's competent, but no more than that.

He wouldn't get anywhere near the budget he had up there if he was our manager.

I think he's dour. And, apart from a couple of decent early years during his tenure, his teams played dour football. Just ask the sheep.

We don't know what a Mellon team looks like, because he's not had the budget or time to build it yet. But I reckon he's the man for us.

He needs backed financially though.

Also, if Micky feels that he needs TA to back off a bit, then that is exactly what should happen.

We need a happy manager that knows the club will back him in every way possible to get a good team on the park.

All this background noise and speculation is not good news for anyone who want United to get back to being a steady top six side reaching/winning cup finals in 'good years but not dropping below 6th in the league in a 'bad' year.
    Good post. I'd take MM over DM any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Good post. I'd take MM over DM any day of the week.
    Dinnie worry mate that is never happening IF big Tony and nepotism are calling the shots at Tannadice,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Dinnie worry mate that is never happening IF big Tony and nepotism are calling the shots at Tannadice,FACT.
    Still hoping it is exaggeration and rumours. Obviously don't know the strength of your source, and don't mean any offence. It is not the first time though that TA has ended up in the firing line with suspicions.

Don't get me wrong, if it is true then only one (maybe two) should be leaving and it is not MM. I am however willing to give the benefit of the doubt until there is clarity.

Whatever way it plays out, would rather something interesting were to happen....and that is not DM!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Still hoping it is exaggeration and rumours. Obviously don't know the strength of your source, and don't mean any offence. It is not the first time though that TA has ended up in the firing line with suspicions.

Don't get me wrong, if it is true then only one (maybe two) should be leaving and it is not MM. I am however willing to give the benefit of the doubt until there is clarity.

Whatever way it plays out, would rather something interesting were to happen....and that is not DM!
    Agree with every word mate,i sincerely hope its not true but the team for the Kilmarnock game from this source was correct from 1 to 11 which is incredible so i'm fairly sure there is something in it.

I really hope Micky stays and 100 % behind him and the team

Thought of someone like McInnes gives me the fear.

Also I’ve only just managed to finish Micky’s book so terrible if he left now !!

getting MM for short term makes no sense at all. Regardless of the quality at times he is clearly building and working with what he has. if he goes because he refused to put someones son on coaching staff i hope he spills the beans. Tony wont last long. I think he may not be forced but if ashgar jnr is ready and he wants to thats fine but he cant be told surely.

Voiced my concerns about our set up a couple of months ago and some of these rumours are making me think I was right. What the actual f*ck is going on? If Mellon is being dictated to the point Asghar is promoting his young lad to the managers coaching staff then I wouldn't hold it against Mellon to walk out the door right now. Far too many rumours kicking about for something to not be going on.

Pawlett to sign further 2 yr deal. Surely that means MM is going no where. He has been very vocal about wanting to keep Pawlett at United.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Pawlett to sign further 2 yr deal. Surely that means MM is going no where. He has been very vocal about wanting to keep Pawlett at United.
    Means absolutely nothing imo. Harkes signed an extension in June when we were managerless. Connolly signed an extension in August, five weeks after MM was appointed having only watched him in training. The manager isn't the only one deciding on the signings at our club.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)