+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone say if

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Scots wealth has increased substantially during last 40 years, mainly due to the iron lady.
    Mine hasn't

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    This is what you posted.

If we were able to deal with
    Homelessness
    Immigration
    Drug issues
    Benefits getting to those entitled to only.
    A better funded nhs.

What are the SNP not in control of from the above list?
    I also posted that the snp were like the Tories a shambles at the moment.
    With a stronger government and better distribution of wealth things could improve.
    Wudna have any of those in charge ATM run a bath.

Scots wealth has increased substantially during last 40 years, mainly due to the iron lady.
    I lost my first ever job thanks to your 'iron lady'.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I also posted that the snp were like the Tories a shambles at the moment.
    With a stronger government and better distribution of wealth things could improve.
    Wudna have any of those in charge ATM run a bath.
    So no answer then?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Always someone else’s fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Until she came along the average Scot had around £3,500 in assets.

Now it's around £125k.

Council house right to buy changed the lives of hundreds of thousands if not million or so in Scotland.

Having worked in the financial sector for years I've seen people's wealth far outstrip their wildest dreams from even a cple of generations ago.

You cannot possibly be saying you ain't wealthier now than in the winter of 79....are you?

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Always someone else’s fault.
    Your gonna cut yourself.

Now it's around £125k.

Council house right to buy changed the lives of hundreds of thousands if not million or so in Scotland.

Having worked in the financial sector for years I've seen people's wealth far outstrip their wildest dreams from even a cple of generations ago.

You cannot possibly be saying you ain't wealthier now than in the winter of 79....are you?
    Did u vote for her party during her period as prime minister?

Now it's around £125k.

I left school in 1979 with six o levels and got an apprenticeship. Place closed early 1981 - operations moved from Dundee to Stoke On Trent, that fair increased Scots wealth and it wasn't the only work to head south at that time - still happening in fact. I'd been out of school long enough that my 6 o levels meant nothing - right onto Maggie's scrap heap then. But I was too clever to let the evil bitch beat me.

I have more money in earnings now of course but I'm very experienced and good at what I do so can't be compared to a naive wee laddie leaving school and entering the world of work. Do I feel wealthier than that naive wee laddie that was paid £32 per week in 1979, handed £10 to his mum and kept the rest? No I don't.

Never had a council house, couldn't get one and had to go into significant debt to buy my first house - yup, an ex council house. The people that bought it off the council made £24,000 out of it in 1992 when we bought it so they did OK. We still own it so have made nothing from it other than a very low rental income (just about break even) over the years, and because my son now lives in it I don't even get that.

The lives of hundreds of thousands changed due to the right to buy scheme - in a country of 5 Million. By the same token the lives of just as many, probably more, were set back by the same right and society continues to suffer from a lack of affordable housing to this day. How Tory is taking what you can when you can and **** the consequences on others?

Mind you I'm sitting on probably £80,000 equity in that house but that's despite the evil one not because of her. Between me and my wife we probably do have have £250,000 worth of assets, but we've both always worked. Do you think £250,000 between a married couple is a decent amount to show for a lifetime of work? I don't, I think it's a disgrace in a country that doesn't even have a decent pension system or health service to look after us in our old age - bear in mind to access that £250,000 we'd need to make ourselves homeless. We can't even get the disgrace of a pension that we've contributed to all our working lives until we're 67. Can we retire early on our assets? Yes if we liquidate them but where does that leave us? I wonder how the equivalent couple in Norway, where the oil and gas reserves were properly managed, are fairing compared to us? Can't see them having to sell their house to pay for care.

I'm 60 now and should be retired by now with the working life I've had but all I actually have to show for it is free bus travel - did the Tories give me that?

Have my wife and I really worked all our lives for **** all? I think so.

Your gonna cut yourself.
    He's gonna make a what of himself?

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)