+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Mansfield Town FC 14.10.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Not that we were bad then, it's Mansfield who were very good, mmmmm.....
    Its abit of both Gump.

Mansfield pretty much had a box midfield to stop us playing through them we didnt adjust and got worse as the game went on.

No point having 3 CBs if one cant carry it well which was what happened today id have gone to a back 4 or put Bostock there at HT.

Whats done is done though we need to respond at Gillingham.

I rate Scott very highly but there's no way you would drop Langstaff for him.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Exactly the sort of result and performance where if Ray Trew or Alan Hardy were still the owner then you would fear for the manager.
    30 pts needed, I'll be counting them down.........

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    We were embarrassingly bad, it's the first match I've watched on TV, normally just listen, and the defending was absolutely dire. Have we been that hapless - and just lucky - previously?
    We usually rely on the opposition missing one or two good chances and being better in attack than we were today. But yes, we concede a lot of sloppy goals.

Hopefully those that slate Cameron will realise what a miss he was today.

Watching that today it's the first time this season I'm starting to think we might not get promotion this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Hopefully those that slate Cameron will realise what a miss he was today.
    You would have imagined the back 3 we had on the pitch should be able to defend corners and dead ball situ's. Apparently not..

Watching that today it's the first time this season I'm starting to think we might not get promotion this season.
    I'm not particularly bothered about promo THIS season. As long as we don't trouble the drop zone and take note of where we need to improve. In fact matches like today may well do us a favour by pointing out where we DESPERATELY need to improve.
    Last edited by countygump; 14-10-2023 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scamps View Post
    There shouldnt have been a minutes silence in the first place its sport not politics and the israel palestine problem is too complex for most of us to comprehend
    A minutes silence was respect for innocent people killed on both sides of a complex conflict - it was not political.

If offered 7th before today, I think many would have had to think about it, hoping we could grab 3rd. After that result, I imagine most would snatch 7th in a heart beat now.

I thought LW sounded a bit shell shocked. He's expressed his displeasure after we've won games but today he just seemed to accept they were a much better side and that we don't have the experience of playing against teams at that level to know how to deal with it.

We did turn Swindon over, though they haven't been anything better than average away so far.

Average goals against per game is now 1.92, which is identical to Wrexham.

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast