+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 141 of 232 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2318

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 22/23

Ok, so who’s owning up to this then? Heads have to roll - must be in the region of 3-400k development money pissed away here. Absolutely shocking.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor..._medium=social

What an absolute f*ck up. Somebody needs their baws chewed for this one.

Yep..100% agree with this! ^^^ Big Tony was shooting his mouth off that we are due money and that we had done everything right...the only way that we have not received a penny will be if someone has f#cked up and I think this has Tony's fingerprints all over it!

Doubt very much it will happen but there should be a statement from Utd, not laying blame, but explaining where we went wrong. I think fans deserve that at the least.

Don't know what the Courier is reporting as im not allowed to read it unless i subscribe but i was told not long after he'd signed for Hearts that we'd fkd up and we were getting nothing. Seemingly didn't offer more wages than his previous contract.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Ok, so who’s owning up to this then? Heads have to roll - must be in the region of 3-400k development money pissed away here. Absolutely shocking.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor..._medium=social
    Complete dereliction of duty. Maybe if he spent more time reading contracts and less time on jollies to Seville.
    Saying that, anyone can make a mistake.
    Begs the question though how much does our academy cost versus the value it brings in first team players and fees.

But maybe the Academy Manager the one who manages these contracts? Ogren is out of pocket big time here. Bothered?

Someone has to take the blame for the club missing out on some money who that's is has to hold up their hands and tell us supporters why we can throw away good money but also how it happened. In saying that they are not alone in this mess. Lewis has also done Utd out of money. Having been given all the coaching, development he is happy to walk away leaving Utd with nothing. I am happy for players to move on but only if a fee is there for all the development he received. He deliberately went out his way to make sure our club got nothing and that is wrong on so many levels. That money could have helped this club develop more talent and for that reason he has to take some of the blame.

Sorry but you can't blame the player here. It's the club's administration that's at fault, simple as that.

I haven't blamed just the player I did say the club are at fault as well and that the club should explain why he was allowed to go for nothing. What I am saying is the player has a duty of care. He new what would happen if he left the club at that given time and what it would mean. He was developed as a player from a young age and happily took that support for years but whEn the club needed him the most he was off. He knows what that kind of money can do for development. Don't get me wrong the club are at fault for not getting him signed in time and it has cost Utd a lot of my money but the player new what the consequences would be for the club when he left.

Page 141 of 232 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)