+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 148 of 530 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Schalke. New Left Back ?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Some folk on here have totally unrealistic expectations as to signings. This “marquee” singing idea... what big name player are we going to get coming to Aberdeen for under £500k and on wages we can afford? Nobody can even suggest any potential names apart from Hayes and folk wouldn’t even seem to consider him to be an exciting signing anyway. If we splash that money on someone none of us have heard of everyone will moan about that too.

Even if Milne put up £1m for a signing, the more you spend on a transfer fee the more you’re going to have to spend on their wages and we’ll have an upper limit on our wage structure which we can’t break for numerous reasons.

Every club in the world are looking for new players - AFC isn’t going to be many folks dream move.

Last “marquee” singing was probably Arnason returning or May signing for a fairly large fee - both have been rubbish.
    So we shouldn't bother then?

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    With Shalke being out of contract, DM could have signed him weeks/months ago, so the player would be currently in Cork right now with his new team mates

The fact that he isn't proves that DM has alrewady been knocked back twice this summer in his summer striker quest, and/or he is shopping at Aldi this summer.

Although, Aldi's roast beef is pukka, to be fair
    I agree.
    It was pretty thinly veiled in his Red TV interview yesterday that we'd missed out on our immediate targets.

I think the SQUAD will be strengthened with whatever signings we make before the season starts, but the FIRST TEAM won't.

I'm confident I could name 10, possibly the entire starting X1 injuries permitting, for the Burnley game.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You and your wired fantasies.
    Keep them to yourself.
    You said in post 2 we should consider him

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    You said in post 2 we should consider him
    Yes, I also said he could be a Miles Storey MKII.
    He could be a very useful squad player, relatively cheap.
    A marked improvement on Maynard.

No need to have fantasies about my genitals though.

What's your expectations on who we should be signing?
    Who should we be going for?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    So we shouldn't bother then?
    Of course we should bother to try and strengthen the team - all I’m saying is we should be a bit more realistic. It’s probably not all that easy to bring in the quality of player we want on the transfer and wage budget we have when we’re competing against every other team in the world. The type of “marquee” signings folk are hoping for are pretty hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    With your knowledge why don’t you just lecture us on who we can sign
    LOL Mason.
    why don;t you put forward your opinions for a change

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Pay me money to be a scout & I’ll tell you.

In the meantime, stop signing 3rd or 4th choice strikers.

The club should’ve had a “marquee” signing (by our standards) as an acknowledgement of AberDNA.
    So you have an opinion on who's not good enough but need paid to go scout better options

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Oxfam
    Probablly find Goodwillie in Oxfam bargain bucket due to both having a penchant for rapey exploits

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Yes, I also said he could be a Miles Storey MKII.
    He could be a very useful squad player, relatively cheap.
    A marked improvement on Maynard.
    This is a good point. McInnes will want to improve the starting 11, but he’ll also want to try to improve the squad generally. Schalke (as an example) would on paper be an improvement on Maynard, so while the first 11 isn’t improved the squad would be. Improving the starting 11 is a whole lot more difficult.

Page 148 of 530 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast