+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 149 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1719

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Back on topic , Mellon no my first choice but now it seems likely he will have everyone's backing , let's be honest if you take out the Old Firm , there is no a lot to be scared off in Scottish football
    I make no secret of being more than happy with this appointment and don't think it's a lesser appointment at all. I think he will prove to be a success, although this is never guaranteed of course, just my gut instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I haven't asked for anyone to be banned 👍
    i never said you did...

Quite pleased about the appointment. Once it was clear no McLaren or MacKay I think he’s the best option. Having an attack minded manager and still having a certain Lawrence of Arabia up front we should have enough to keep us up next year!

Although the coaching staff appear set to remain in place the rumour is there’s a new kit man starting tomorrow.

Not sure what’s happened to the existing guy.....maybe Robbie has taken him instead of McCulloch!

From what has been said about Mellon it sounds like there is going to a bit more passion in the dressing room and the type of manager players like to play for. Hopefully he has a good eye for a centre half

well im disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    well im disappointed
    Who was your choice OS?

Quote Originally Posted by Sande_Man View Post
    Quite pleased about the appointment. Once it was clear no McLaren or MacKay I think he’s the best option. Having an attack minded manager and still having a certain Lawrence of Arabia up front we should have enough to keep us up next year!

Although the coaching staff appear set to remain in place the rumour is there’s a new kit man starting tomorrow.

Not sure what’s happened to the existing guy.....maybe Robbie has taken him instead of McCulloch!
    The kit manager and kit assistant positions were advertised at the end of May. 👍🏼

Don't know how I feel about our new manager....but thats because I don't know anything about him. He will get my full backing and I am glad just we didn't go down the foreign manager route. The language barrier between Shabby and the players still gives me the fear!
    I think Malky carries too much baggage and wouldn't get a proper crack at it unless he hit the ground running ( Michael Barrymore could put as many armbands in his pool that he liked and I still wouldn't fancy swimming in it with him)
    McLaren seemed like a completely leftfield choice and I'm not sure if he would have been the correct fit for the club or scottish football.
    From what I have read, I am quietly optimistic that Mellon could do well. Hoping that the players buy into his vision and perform which will get the fans backing from the get go. Hopefully we will see over the next few weeks how the players respond and get a feel for what we should be expecting from the team. Just another season on the United rollercoaster and I canny wait!

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    From what has been said about Mellon it sounds like there is going to a bit more passion in the dressing room and the type of manager players like to play for. Hopefully he has a good eye for a centre half
    Hopefully he's been keeping an eye on the talent in the English lower leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i never said you did...
    Kind of implied it though but what the heck. New manager is in place so no need to continue with this debate any further.

Page 149 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)