+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup Final

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't understand that. Why would you want to give a ticket for a final back due to us being pish? Pisher teams have won finals.
    Very true. Perhaps with the expectation of winning at absolute zero, we may pull something out of the bag.

Still not hopeful though.

I actually expect a drubbing if im honest. I think we will turn in an abject performance like our last LC final against the tims, when we achieved the square root of fack all and created nothing. That was an even with a better squad than we have now.

Not wanting to be doom and gloom after a shocking weekend defeat, but if you can't raise your game a week before a cup final then you have to question the motivation in the squad and the competition for places. I would have dropped 3/4 of that team from the weekend, but DM hasnt got the nads for it and i fully expect a defend an grab tactic at the weekend. It will either be over in the first 15 minutes or it will be the longest game in history. DM's tactics never make for good viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Not a chance McInnes will have a go.
    1) he’s naturally cautious
    2) after that lamentable shambles yesterday, he’ll be even more likely to go defensive.

Lewis
    Logan Considine McKenna Lowe
    Ball
    GMS Ferguson Shinnie McGinn
    Cosgrove

Subs; Cerny, Gleeson, Wright, Wilson, May, Anderson & Campbell.
    Yes, I was pointing out how I would go personally - but I tend to agree with you as to how McInnes will actually go. If Devlin is fit, we'll likely have Considine at left back, or perhaps try a back 3 again to cover for the fact Devlin might not be fully fit. If it's a back 4 with Devlin, Considine will likely be at left back - maybe Lowe will get a game at left wing and McGinn dropped. Ball hasn't played much in recent weeks so element of risk throwing him back in for such a game. Cosgrove playing will mean long balls forward surrendering possession to them all day long, which they will most certainly capitalise on by wearing us down and scoring.

Should be excited for a cup final but after Saturday I'm now quite depressed about the thought of it sadly! Hope the lads dig out a performance and prove me wrong though!

PS - also think Gleeson won't be on the bench - McLennan maybe instead of him. Get the impression McInnes has had enough of Gleeson and Forrester.

To be fair it is usually when the supports faith is at a complete zero we usually put in a decent performance. That's the way I am looking at it anyway.

I don't understand that. Why would you want to give a ticket for a final back due to us being pish? Pisher teams have won finals.
    I take it this just a wind up, if not they are phannies, FFS, thru thick and thin you support your club that you were brought up to support as I’ll always have and will continue to do so.

SF

It’s one thing thinking you’re not going to win but don’t shyte it from going.

it's hardly a new revelation is it.

Tickets collected.

COME ON YE REDS

Cool

And there is Dereks pre final team talk right there

Quote Originally Posted by erchieplum View Post
    And there is Dereks pre final team talk right there
    We are not as good as Celtic which is obviously transparent to most and indeed my enemies.....the bookies with their enticing odds.......anyway, I got a Royal c unting from an aging dandy(sadly gone long ago) as we headed towards Copenhagen on the train on the Monday night pre Ullevi Wednesday final......I was of the opinion as a 19 year old, I knew fitba and we would struggle against Real......I mind that c unting as if it was yesterday, if we get beaten, well we get beaten, however, you have to do your utmost on/off the pitch to assist the once michty.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    We are not as good as Celtic which is obviously transparent to most and indeed my enemies.....the bookies with their enticing odds.......anyway, I got a Royal c unting from an aging dandy(sadly gone long ago) as we headed towards Copenhagen on the train on the Monday night pre Ullevi Wednesday final......I was of the opinion as a 19 year old, I knew fitba and we would struggle against Real......I mind that c unting as if it was yesterday, if we get beaten, well we get beaten, however, you have to do your utmost on/off the pitch to assist the once michty.

SF
    That's my attitude to the final .Formbook ,finance etc tells you that it should be septic who win but I just want Aberdeen to give their all and see what happens.I would have been sickened to lose the semi final to the other lot and see them gloating in the stands. Having dispatched one of the gruesome twosome already then for the final
    I want to see the fight in our team and we can win it.If we look at last 10 Scottish cup winners 5 are not the twins of evil .For league cup final it is 4..pisher teams have indeed won finals and we can too

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast