+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Squad next season

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That’s the last thing I want to Driller but you clearly started it, which was your choice so fair enough, and you’re not the first lol.

If you wish to carry on I’m more than happy to address any and all points you make and discuss those two goals Notts conceded in detail that you’ve highlighted. However I must insist that you in turn answer my questions and address the points I make or it will be a pretty pointless exercise.

I will leave it up to you to decide. My advice, move on and enjoy the big game tonight on TV
    I didn't start anything, I was merely pointing out a couple of facts - the fact that a lot of posters find you annoying (see the number of posters who have blocked you or would like to see you banned) and the fact that you change your principles completely without ever admittingyou may have been wrong (see u-turn about losing possession in order to defend Doyle at all costs), and pointing out that the two might be connected.

You brought my ability to grasp concepts into it and tried to make it about who I thought was to blame. Obviously my opinion of who is to blame for Torquay scoring a header is completely irrelevant in all this.

Enjoy the England match - no doubt whatever happens you will have predicted it before hand or won a bet on it!

It appears you want to carry on. Ok your choice.

Luckily, as you know, all posts in NCM are recorded in chronological order so anyone who can be bothered to look can see who started it. So claiming you didn't start anything is a little bit silly. Is it too late to edit that bit?

At least you now admit you did it only to highlight something that you say people already know?!?! Great work fella , well done

There isn't any changing of principals or U-turns however manufactured or forced you try to make it. It's two goals conceded where I believe Sam and Jimmy were to blame the most. Doyle didn't track back, Doyle gave the ball away 80 yards from our goal. That happened lots throughout the game. Others will agree with me, others won't. It's a game of opinions, it's subjective.

Maybe next time you what to start an argument find a better example, maybe a comparison where a set play isn't involved. That would help for starters,

Better still maybe stick to the O/T thread, you seem better at them

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I didn't start anything, I was merely pointing out a couple of facts - the fact that a lot of posters find you annoying (see the number of posters who have blocked you or would like to see you banned) and the fact that you change your principles completely without ever admittingyou may have been wrong.
    I think you’ll find that laddo will never, ever admit that he was wrong. I’m sure I’m not the only one who remembers that laddo sprang to prominence on here by repeatedly ridiculing anyone who suggested Ardley wasn’t the right manager for us. What did laddo do when Ardley got the boot? He quickly changed colours and jumped onto the Burchnall Bandwagon. Did he ever say “yeah, I might have got Ardley wrong”? Not once. That should tell you all you need to know about him.

Well there’s a surprise, it was 50:50 who out of the usual suspects would jump in from the sidelines and comment and Elite won the race. So predictable lol. You just can’t resist can you buddy

I never said Ardley was the right manager, Notts haven’t had the “right manager “ often and not for a long while now. I just said he should have had last season to see whether he could get us promoted or not for the multitude of well known reasons.

I wasn’t alone on this view , lots and lots of people came to the same conclusion as shown on the infamous Ardley In/Out thread.

When the owners surprised us all and sacked Ardley and appointed an unknown, I watched the interviews, I did some research and I announced my full backing and the Burchnall Bandwagon was born.

11:07 - 25/03/21

Again I was not alone in providing full backing early following impressive interviews from our head coach. If others want to wait and see on the sidelines that’s fine that’s up to them. Wait till he is a success and then jump on, great. If others want to openly criticise him on here as many did and then fo a 180 and now praise him to the hilt once he started winning games. Again that’s up to them.

It’s early days and the recruitment as we all know is key and can often be season defining so fingers crossed football radar can get that right with IBs direction of what he needs.

That brings us nice back on topic ‘Next seasons squad’. I’m afraid since Driller admitted why he first posted on here about two goals conceded was nothing to do with whether we should try and get Knowles on loan again or how much Doyle should play.

As you Elite know all too well, and so does driller, he should have posted his complaints, conclusion and thoughts about me in the ‘handbags ‘thread’ not on this thread.

Hopefully this thread can now go back on topic, especially as signings start to be made by us and others. Exciting times

Still a playground here then?.
    back on topic who would we like to see join the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think you’ll find that laddo will never, ever admit that he was wrong. I’m sure I’m not the only one who remembers that laddo sprang to prominence on here by repeatedly ridiculing anyone who suggested Ardley wasn’t the right manager for us. What did laddo do when Ardley got the boot? He quickly changed colours and jumped onto the Burchnall Bandwagon. Did he ever say “yeah, I might have got Ardley wrong”? Not once. That should tell you all you need to know about him.
    I know, that is actually the advice I have given to other people and disappointingly I didn't follow it.

You have to give the devil his due though, he's excellent at what he does. Even the barbs he throws into seemingly mature posts to provoke a response (what I believe countygump calls 'passive aggressive goading') are expertly done. I can't remember a better wind up merchant on here for years.

How do I block someone on Android? I had a quick look but couldn't see how to do it.

Well there’s a surprise, it was 50:50 who out of the usual suspects would jump in from the sidelines and comment and Elite won the race. So predictable lol. You just can’t resist can you buddy

I never said Ardley was the right manager, Notts haven’t had the “right manager “ often and not for a long while now. I just said he should have had last season to see whether he could get us promoted or not for the multitude of well known reasons.

I wasn’t alone on this view , lots and lots of people came to the same conclusion as shown on the infamous Ardley In/Out thread.

When the owners surprised us all and sacked Ardley and appointed an unknown, I watched the interviews, I did some research and I announced my full backing and the Burchnall Bandwagon was born.

11:07 - 25/03/21

Again I was not alone in providing full backing early following impressive interviews from our head coach. If others want to wait and see on the sidelines that’s fine that’s up to them. Wait till he is a success and then jump on, great. If others want to openly criticise him on here as many did and then fo a 180 and now praise him to the hilt once he started winning games. Again that’s up to them.

It’s early days and the recruitment as we all know is key and can often be season defining so fingers crossed football radar can get that right with IBs direction of what he needs.

That brings us nice back on topic ‘Next seasons squad’. I’m afraid since Driller admitted why he first posted on here about two goals conceded was nothing to do with whether we should try and get Knowles on loan again or how much Doyle should play.

As you Elite know all too well, and so does driller, he should have posted his complaints, conclusion and thoughts about me in the ‘handbags ‘thread’ not on this thread.

Hopefully this thread can now go back on topic, especially as signings start to be made by us and others. Exciting times
    Can these lot just be banned now?

Hijacking decent football related post

Tbh Carlton there is clearly nothing ‘ban’ worthy contained in any of the above posts but I agree it was a needless hijack of a good Notts related thread up to that point.

I suspect once driller pie openly admitted that his post wasn’t actually about football, Notts or who was to blame for the 3rd goal we conceded at Torquay he realised he really should have posted it in the designated ‘handbags thread’ rather than hijack this thread about next seasons squad.

I’m sure he’s now realised his obvious error and next time he will instead post in the more suitable O/T bickering type thread so no need to worry.

No reason this can’t get back on topic now

Tbh Carlton there is clearly nothing ‘ban’ worthy contained in any of the above posts but I agree it was a needless hijack of a good Notts related thread up to that point.
    There absolutely is in view of Swale's recent requests

I suspect once driller pie openly admitted that his post wasn’t actually about football, Notts or who was to blame for the 3rd goal we conceded at Torquay he realised he really should have posted it in the designated ‘handbags thread’ rather than hijack this thread about next seasons squad.

I’m sure he’s now realised his obvious error and next time he will instead post in the more suitable O/T bickering type thread so no need to worry.

No reason this can’t get back on topic now

It's seems that your man-baby ego is preventing just that. And why didn't you take it to the playpen then ?
    I'm usually too bored to comment on these childish posts. However, my points in support of Carlton, above. Please Swale, just cut him off at the knees, Norman Hunter style.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast