+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Tottenham v Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Which fans would those be ?
    You must not attend many matches these days alto. There are lots!! I don't know any of them personally because I go to enjoy myself and never bother with anyone who moans on about football ---you know my philosophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    WSW scored from that in 2017. It was awarded when the Arsenal keeper picked up a back pass. Arsenal should have had three players booked there for encroachment on the free kick because they are not all on the line! They always get away with cheating --- even in Australia in a friendly!
    ....if it hadn't deflected lucky and gone in the back of the net at the second attempt....then would he have blown for a re-take ?.....we'll never know - Sub - though got to give it to the Gunners - they did stay between the posts !

Which fans would those be ?
    don't worry - Alto....we've got them surrounded.

Norder ---he could have booked about 7 Gunners by the time the ball was kicked!

because I go to enjoy myself
    So do I Sub, which is why I've stopped going. At our age life is far too short to spend time doing things you don't enjoy any more.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    So do I Sub, which is why I've stopped going. At our age life is far too short to spend time doing things you don't enjoy any more.
    Yes, however, sinkov you live in Clitheroe so of course you enjoy that, whereas I live in Ashington, enjoy the drive down, some great craic with a couple of friends and a lovely drive back ---so enjoyment. It also gives my missus some time on her own and she enjoys that!! Everyone's a winner ---even the Clarets occasionally!

Yes, however, sinkov you live in Clitheroe so of course you enjoy that,

Hmmmm, last home game we ended up with 10 men and lost 0-7 to Radcliffe. Can't say I enjoyed it, I might start going back on't Turf.

Everton tried to outfootball Spurs and got this result!! Our fans want us to try to outfootball the top teams and yet they moan when we get hammered and if we don't try to outfootball them and still get beat they moan because we had no shots on target.

Time for a reality check.
    You are right I don't attend many matches nowadays Sub.

But I understand and still remember when being close to a few moaners it can be a bit over the top with constant criticising time after time for the slightest things.

But I cannot fathom the logic in your post, I very much doubt (and would be astonished) if Our fans wanted to out Football the top teams, because they cannot, and moaning because they get hammered when trying ? with more moans because of no shots on target.

I don't expect us to play teams off the park who are even of the same standard as us let alone the top 6, so I doubt our fans would do the same, the odd 40 or 50 maybe, but not most.

But I do expect a certain standard down from the Boardroom, Management and Players, the Board as I have said numerous times seem out of their depth, there seems to be a very big flaw in Sean Dyche with his tactics, substitutions and Coaching, yet in spite of this everyone seems to be kissing his backside, some players as I have said on other threads should thank their lucky stars as they are no where near as good as they think they are, probably not their fault as with a more adventurous Board and more versatile Manager they would have seen the door with better replacements coming in.

But even with these below par players I expect simple passes being completed most of the time, crosses being half decent most of the time, players running into space and dragging defenders out of position constantly, Hoof ball of which most of us hate, but at least fire it within range of our lone striker instead of no mans land, most of the aforesaid is below average for any team in the Championship let alone the PL.

As I mentioned on the Arsenal Thread, we but together some good touches/moves during our game in London, maybe only lasting in spurts of a couple of minutes or so, but it was there to see, and I don't expect it to be expressed for the full 90 minutes every game, but for two thirds of a game would be treble what we usually see in our games.

I think the reality check is being grasped by more and more Clarets week after week, The Board bought not nearly enough and when they did they bought cheap, The Manager has No plan B and most of his players in the team are nowhere near good enough.

You are right I don't attend many matches nowadays Sub.

But I understand and still remember when being close to a few moaners it can be a bit over the top with constant criticising time after time for the slightest things.

But I cannot fathom the logic in your post, I very much doubt (and would be astonished) if Our fans wanted to out Football the top teams, because they cannot, and moaning because they get hammered when trying ? with more moans because of no shots on target.

I don't expect us to play teams off the park who are even of the same standard as us let alone the top 6, so I doubt our fans would do the same, the odd 40 or 50 maybe, but not most.

But I do expect a certain standard down from the Boardroom, Management and Players, the Board as I have said numerous times seem out of their depth, there seems to be a very big flaw in Sean Dyche with his tactics, substitutions and Coaching, yet in spite of this everyone seems to be kissing his backside, some players as I have said on other threads should thank their lucky stars as they are no where near as good as they think they are, probably not their fault as with a more adventurous Board and more versatile Manager they would have seen the door with better replacements coming in.

But even with these below par players I expect simple passes being completed most of the time, crosses being half decent most of the time, players running into space and dragging defenders out of position constantly, Hoof ball of which most of us hate, but at least fire it within range of our lone striker instead of no mans land, most of the aforesaid is below average for any team in the Championship let alone the PL.

As I mentioned on the Arsenal Thread, we but together some good touches/moves during our game in London, maybe only lasting in spurts of a couple of minutes or so, but it was there to see, and I don't expect it to be expressed for the full 90 minutes every game, but for two thirds of a game would be treble what we usually see in our games.

I think the reality check is being grasped by more and more Clarets week after week, The Board bought not nearly enough and when they did they bought cheap, The Manager has No plan B and most of his players in the team are nowhere near good enough.
    Fair comments alto, however, you do not go to the matches so you do not hear the moans and groans week in and week out. Lots of our fans think that we should be playing Huddersfield, Fulham, Wolves, Newcastle, Brighton, Cardiff etc. off the park and yet you, yourself, have said that the players are not good enough to do this.

We can criticise all we want, however, there is absolutely nothing that you or I can do about anything on or off the field except to either support or withdraw our support. As you are well aware. I just take things as they come and certainly never get uptight about anything connected with football although I will express an opinion.

Last week I was at Huddersfield and listenend to a lot of their fans moaning on about not being able to beat Newcastle --the expectations now that they are in the PL far exceed the reality of the situation, just as at the Turf! I go to Newcastle and live in the area and the fans there are the same and moaning because they do not wipe the floor with Leicester, Brighton, Wolves and West Ham who have all won at Newcastle this season and Fulham who drew there on Saturday.
    It is the same if you go to Southampton so I am not saying that our fans are any different, however, promotion to the PL has raised expectations from fans, including around 7000 who would never have set foot on the Turf if we were playing in The Championship, and they no longer have a grasp of the reality of the situation which is that weare still paupers when it comes to most other clubs in the PL.

We are where we are because the manager got a team believing that they could reach these heights and they worked hard to get there. The infrastructure of the club has changed beyond recogntion and we now have training facilities which are up there with quite a number of clubs who had left us behind in that aspect. Yes, we are struggling on the field because of the lack of transfer activity, however, not one of us know the real reason why players did not end up at Burnley FC --we can only surmise and listen to rumours ---if you choose to do so.

Where do we go from here? Who knows? My main concern is not Burnley FC, who I shall continue to support from afar from next season after 67 years of watching live, rather it is to wonder just where the game is going.

From some good contacts within the game and just using my own eyes and ears, I can detect that there is a definite drive to rid the game of tackles and as much physical contact as possible which is how these offences of reckless tackles, players being out of control, a danger to an opponent have come into being whilst they still seem to condone players diving around all over the place to try to con officials who are on a hiding to nothing. We are seeing cautions and dismissals issued to players who have completed fair tackles which used to be run of the mill in the game. Nobody knows what constitutes handball, the offside law and its interpretation is getting worse and Deli Alli was injured yesterday because Pickford had to go for a ball although Alli was offside but when Pickford challenged he did not know that because the decision had to be delayed until Alli went for the ball.

There is so much more in the pipeline, however, enough is enough. Don't worry about Burnley FC alto, just worry about the game as a whole which will continue to flourish at the top level whilst more and more non-league clubs will just go to the wall and the standard of English players will not improve because more and more foreign players will be playing in the PL and stunting the development of our own lads. Que sera sera!!!

I will give a cheer for you at the game on Boxing Day and also on 30 December!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)