+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley Away Tickets

I think you need to reign in your generalisation of the type of supporter who’ll be goin t Burnley. I have the required points, and will be goin, and am a ST holder and a DNA. I have missed a maximum of 10 games home and away in all competitions in the last 4 or 5 seasons, and I’m currently sitting in Warrington Bank station, waiting for my 5th rail connection, before taking a ferry and then a bus to get to our friendly tomorrow. Before doing the entire journey in reverse 8 hours after arriving in Cork. So while there may be some that fall into your ‘daytrippers’ Category, not all are. I agree the DNA isn’t the best way of givin points, but then again, neither was handin tickets out to anybody that wanted them last year for Cyprus. I’ve taken some very varied routes to our euro adventures last few years, and would’ve been gutted if I’d missed out this time, as many very good friends of mine have, so have genuine sympathy. But no matter what, there were goin t be large numbers of genuine supporters left disappointed because of the ticket restrictions. In short, there’s no right or wrong way of doin it. Just my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    The problem is that we have over 10,000 season ticket holders and the allocation is only circa 2400.
    Not all Season Ticket holders will be able to get a ticket, so they have to restrict in someway

The Season Ticket guarantees you a seat at home games both in the league and home cup games.
    You also have a saving over attending every game buying individual tickets

I get that the ST is valued lower than in previous years in terms of prioritisation, certainly for this game, but will get prioritisation over non season ticket holders for games with a larger allocation
    What a toadying lick-spittle weasel of a man you are. Absolute serpent.

Quote Originally Posted by LossieLoonLosinFaith View Post
    I think you need to reign in your generalisation of the type of supporter who’ll be goin t Burnley. I have the required points, and will be goin, and am a ST holder and a DNA. I have missed a maximum of 10 games home and away in all competitions in the last 4 or 5 seasons, and I’m currently sitting in Warrington Bank station, waiting for my 5th rail connection, before taking a ferry and then a bus to get to our friendly tomorrow. Before doing the entire journey in reverse 8 hours after arriving in Cork. So while there may be some that fall into your ‘daytrippers’ Category, not all are. I agree the DNA isn’t the best way of givin points, but then again, neither was handin tickets out to anybody that wanted them last year for Cyprus. I’ve taken some very varied routes to our euro adventures last few years, and would’ve been gutted if I’d missed out this time, as many very good friends of mine have, so have genuine sympathy. But no matter what, there were goin t be large numbers of genuine supporters left disappointed because of the ticket restrictions. In short, there’s no right or wrong way of doin it. Just my opinion of course.
    Hey, I'll probably see you and Neil tomorrow!

I will be at Fota Island too, currently in a hotel in Leeds (got train down from Aberdeen last night) before an 05:46 train to Manchester and an 08:55 flight to Cork tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by GamesGone View Post
    Who you hiding as?

I see nothing wrong with my post, that’s the reality.
    Not all season ticket holders can get to the Burnley game due to the restriction in the allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by GamesGone View Post
    We tend not to hold back on this forum. Feel free to tell him what you really think

Our ferry gets into Dublin just before 6, and then bus into Cork at 10am, so I dare say we’ll cross paths at some point tomorrow right enough. I’ll be the fat balding one, with the wee blonde headed kid in the Derry City top!

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    We tend not to hold back on this forum. Feel free to tell him what you really think
    Or who he really is

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Who you hiding as?

I see nothing wrong with my post, that’s the reality.
    Not all season ticket holders can get to the Burnley game due to the restriction in the allocation.
    Not all season ticket holder can get to any away league game.

The issue is that those who have signed up to pay 12 x £12 or 12 x £18 by direct debit (and of course haven't even paid most of that yet due to monthly payments) are now jumping to the top of the queue by getting either 45 or 60 extra points for promising to pay an extra £144 or £216 over the course of a season.

As has been said, things will be even worse next season, when unless you are in DNA you will most likely have **** all chance of even getting an away league ticket for Tynecastle, Easter Road, Ibrox or Parkhead.

Quote Originally Posted by LossieLoonLosinFaith View Post
    Our ferry gets into Dublin just before 6, and then bus into Cork at 10am, so I dare say we’ll cross paths at some point tomorrow right enough. I’ll be the fat balding one, with the wee blonde headed kid in the Derry City top!
    Our descriptions sound similar, except I won't have a kid in tow.

We can both marvel at Neil's dark flowing locks.

I have a flight back from Cork at 18:55 so it will literally be a flying visit.

Sadly, I don't think the club are awarding any loyalty points for this fixture...

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Not all season ticket holder can get to any away league game.

The issue is that those who have signed up to pay 12 x £12 or 12 x £18 by direct debit (and of course haven't even paid most of that yet due to monthly payments) are now jumping to the top of the queue by getting either 45 or 60 extra points for promising to pay an extra £144 or £216 over the course of a season.

As has been said, things will be even worse next season, when unless you are in DNA you will most likely have **** all chance of even getting an away league ticket for Tynecastle, Easter Road, Ibrox or Parkhead.
    I get that.
    I’m not convinced that the DNAers are radically going to change their attendances throughout the season, so we’ve yet to see what difference it makes at this grounds.

Certainly for this game, with a higher proportion of those willing to travel, it’s clear you have to sign up to get a chance and maybe that’s what their hoping for to drive up subscriptions.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast