+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Hartlepool 22..02.20

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    This is what really pisses me off about him. NEAL YOU HAVE GOT ONE OF THE BEST IF NOT THE BEST SQUADS IN THE LEAGUE. THE FACT OTHERS ARE ABOVE AND BETTER THAN YOU IS NOT DOWN TO THEIR INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS ABILITY. IF YOU CAN'T SEE THIS AND THINK WE THINK YOU HAVE THE BEST TEAM AS WE'RE NOTTS COUNTY THEN YOU'RE DUMB, WE THINK THIS BECAUSE WE HAVE SEEN THE PLAYERS YOU HAVE SIGNED.

He just can't handle being at a club that expect to win, he's not a winner and never will be. To say that is so disrespectful to the fans who pay their hard earned money every week to watch his cloggers, we think it Neal because you have signed players the rest of this league would love, it's you holding them back NOT THE FACT WE'RE NOTTS COUNTY.

Piss off back to Wimbledon if you don't want to be at a club that expects to win.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    So that's D L W D L since the first Saturday of 2020. Five points from the last five games.

Same sheite, different Saturday. Little wonder long term supporters are fast losing interest. Jeez. I've spent more years than I care to remember watching us struggle but at least that was in the League.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    What exactly did Fitzsimmons and Bird do wrong? McDonnell was a needless signing. As was Long and the LB who isn't being played.

Ardley's jobs for the boys. I only hope that the Danes have realised how inept he is and have a short list of coaches to take us forward.

We should not be being outplayed like we are today. Wind or no wind. It's not good enough.
    KC, Ardley's answer to a crap team performance is to sign another player - any player. It makes the position filled look as if the player whose place will be filled was responsible for the inept display and not the manager. Of course the new player will have next to no experience in competitive football but will have been followed by Ardley for weeks and be the answer to our woes.

I went to Woking last week and in my opinion Bird was the best defender and actually has the most positive mindset, looking for the forward pass.yet Ardley drops him for another unknown. His atrocious liability of a Captain walks back into the side, rose continues to perform apallingly yet us no.1 on team sheet.Crawford shows promise every time he comes on yet is dumped on bench. Grrrrrrr the man frustrates the hell out of me!!!!! It's jobs for the boys no matter what their attitude or performance. We will be lucky to scrape the playoffs unless this arrogant, negative clown goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    Anyone else pick up on him hoping we "nick the points" at Fylde? The mind boggles.
    Yes. It’s the wrong mentality and I’m hoping it’s media talk downplaying our chances to the opposition. Behind closed doors we should be getting fired up between now and Tuesday to go going there and give them a lesson in how to play football and get the three points.

Also I note two defeats in a large amount of games was mentioned. Let’s not let that mask that we have only won once in the last five league games as well.

That’s P5, W1, D2, L2 with 5 points so we are back to a point a game and mid table form.

It’s the business end of the season now with 12 games left. What’s gone before does not matter now. It’s how we perform in the next 12 that will determine if we get a playoff place or not. Just like it was last season in our efforts to stay up.

What is disappointing about today is we have rolled over and given 3 points to Hartlepool to help their playoff cause so they are now only 1 point behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    The thing is we are not little old AFC Wimbledon fighting for our life’s week in and week out to stay in League One yet that is how we seem set up in some games.

We are Notts County the biggest club in the National League who want to get back to the football league. We should be scaring the living daylights out of teams we play certainly at home.

We need to learn to win away at the bottom half teams starting with Fylde on Tuesday.

We should be able to pass the ball on the grass when the pitches are boggy, wet and greasy or do something else instead.

We are only two points ahead of Woking in 13th place now. We must and can do better if we want to finish in the playoffs.
    This sort of thing is exactly what I think holds us back.

"Look at how big we are! We have a divine right to be the best team in this division just because of who we are! We are so much more important than clubs in the divisions above us!"

If only we had a nearby example of how that attitude doesn't get you anywhere; maybe a club who was once at the very top of the pyramid but had fallen not one but two divisions and still wasn't even able to get back to the top flight despite so many their fans believing they are one of the 4 or 5 biggest clubs in the country.

Mind you, they sound like they would be very annoying people.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    KC, Ardley's answer to a crap team performance is to sign another player - any player. It makes the position filled look as if the player whose place will be filled was responsible for the inept display and not the manager. Of course the new player will have next to no experience in competitive football but will have been followed by Ardley for weeks and be the answer to our woes.
    But he did well in training and that will be good enough

As a reminder, Fylde were beaten 5-1 today at Dover.

But yeah hopefully we might pinch a 0-0.

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast