+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

Oh well, maybe I'm the only sensitive soul in here - or maybe its just 4 years of it that have finally cracked me. Ill put him back on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Yesterday we had a thread closed and a poster admonished for personal abuse. Im struggling to see how this is any different and hopefully the same action is taken.

What is interesting is that when the selfsame jokes were made by Adi elsethread, no abuse was received - perhaps because Adi is a self proclaimed left thinker, whilst Tricky is not. Odd that.

I believe it is time that the hectoring bullying and personal abuse from "various sources" desists. Im all for constructive debate, disagreement and the occasional piss take, but this has now reached a ridiculous level of abuse. Just read the above few posts please, Andy.

The great irony of course is that the purveyor of the majority of the abuse is himself the great gaurdain of free speech, equality and the right to an opinion. Squaring that circle is rather difficult.

I may not agree with Tricky's views but I will defend to the death his right to have and express them without being subjected to ridicule and abuse. to paraphrase Evelyn Hall and maybe Voltaire
    I stopped posting on here for a while, because of the nature of some of the posts over brexit. Unfortunately, it seems that a few posters are going back down the same path.

I may have to take another sabbatical, but I don't suppose I'll be missed by some.

I complained about personal abuse some weeks ago! Obviously, fell on deaf ears for some!
    IT IS OBNOXIOUS and says a lot about the purveyors of such gutter standards.
    If anyone can't post without abuse then kindly find somewhere else to express your unwanted trash please!

C’mon guys...about the only two regular contributors on here who’ve never posted something obnoxiously critical of others on here are Mac and Madamster.
    Everyone else has ripped into someone or stirred up an already inflamed situation with varying degrees of subtlety so let’s have a little less of the ‘holier than thou’ hypocrisy.

Swale may be the most ‘scattergun’ with some of his late evening rants, but he’s no more offensive than certain others and I defy anyone to find a more sustained attack than the likes of Tricky and Angry launched on me whenever it was last year, basically on the basis of my politics and choice of career, (and no, Tricky...before you say it, I’m not ‘playing the victim’...I couldn’t care less...others however could and the pair of you just showed yourself up imo).

I think mista may have been ill advised to start his particular thread yesterday, and it certainly degenerated into banal name calling, but his point was that we, on a DCFC site, have had to put up with this anti-Corbyn/Labour dogma from a Forest fan with no ‘home’ of his own for literally years. The point may have rapidly been lost...but it was a fair one. If you’re going to become a regular on another club’s site...behave yourself!

No idea where you get the idea that Adi is a ‘lefty’, GP. I had him down as a (Young) pro Brexit centre right Tory with better taste in music than politics. I’d also personally be saddened if Ram59 felt the need to take another ‘sabbatical’...and I’m not sure how much I’ll want to continue on here if mista is forced to leave. In my opinion he invariably makes a great deal of sense and yesterday’s thread was born out of frustration and wholly untypical.

Adi specifically stated that he was a lefty thinker on a post just a day or two ago! Unless he was being ironic and it went over my head.

Adi specifically stated that he was a lefty thinker on a post just a day or two ago! Unless he was being ironic and it went over my head.
    Agreed he did, not sure it was ironic, but not being part of a massive eleven paragraph rant I think it got lost. I'll ban Adi for a week for not being strident enough

I thought he was...maybe he’ll explain, not that it’s crucial to the main issue.

Youngest member on the forum, pro-Brexit, centre right, guitar playing, Wiltshire based, armed forces supporting, long distance Rams fan is how I had him.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    C’mon guys...about the only two regular contributors on here who’ve never posted something obnoxiously critical of others on here are Mac and Madamster.
    Everyone else has ripped into someone or stirred up an already inflamed situation with varying degrees of subtlety so let’s have a little less of the ‘holier than thou’ hypocrisy.

Swale may be the most ‘scattergun’ with some of his late evening rants, but he’s no more offensive than certain others and I defy anyone to find a more sustained attack than the likes of Tricky and Angry launched on me whenever it was last year, basically on the basis of my politics and choice of career, (and no, Tricky...before you say it, I’m not ‘playing the victim’...I couldn’t care less...others however could and the pair of you just showed yourself up imo).

I think mista may have been ill advised to start his particular thread yesterday, and it certainly degenerated into banal name calling, but his point was that we, on a DCFC site, have had to put up with this anti-Corbyn/Labour dogma from a Forest fan with no ‘home’ of his own for literally years. The point may have rapidly been lost...but it was a fair one. If you’re going to become a regular on another club’s site...behave yourself!
    Listen RA, I'm not getting in another bun fight with you.
    You're as guilty as anyone on here for tag teaming, especially on the Brexit thread. You do a nicer version of Swales agrression of how dare you thick brexiters think differently to me.
    You do play the victim card as well. You've just done it.
    As for MR. He can rant at me all he likes, I aint bovvered, do I look bovvered?
    His thread on me, I thought was hilarious myself
    . But hey ho. My dislike of Corbyns Labour, is only in parallel with you dislike of anything Tory. Alls fair in love and war.

Man of mystery ha!

It has got really personal on here lately, time to just live and let live.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Listen RA, I'm not getting in another bun fight with you.
    You're as guilty as anyone on here for tag teaming, especially on the Brexit thread. You do a nicer version of Swales agrression of how dare you thick brexiters think differently to me.
    You do play the victim card as well. You've just done it.
    As for MR. He can rant at me all he likes, I aint bovvered, do I look bovvered?
    His thread on me, I thought was hilarious myself
    . But hey ho. My dislike of Corbyns Labour, is only in parallel with you dislike of anything Tory. Alls fair in love and war.
    Okay...releasing the ‘ignore button’ I’ll answer you civilly and respectfully.

I’m as guilty as anyone of standing up for myself I’ll accept. I give as good as I get, but I don’t do name calling and I don’t ‘tag team’.

I’m maybe less aggressive and angry than Swale, but I feel no less strongly where racism in particular is concerned, and I don’t think I’ve ever called anybody ‘thick’ for supporting Brexit, neither do I need people to feel the same as me.

Not sure why you think I play the ‘victim card’ and I haven’t ‘just done’ it at all. I may have predicted what you’d say, but the point was - and the evidence will still be somewhere on the Brexit thread - that you and Angry made the biggest sustained individual attack I can remember when you attacked me over Brexit. Anything Swale has done paled in comparison. That’s not ‘playing the victim’, just pointing out a fact. It’s what you do...just as you used to with your ‘tick tock’ comments to Basie which I honestly hope I misunderstood because otherwise they were indefensible.

I’m not commenting on mista other than to say, he is, imo, one of the best contributors on here and he’s actually a Derby fan on a Derby forum. I don’t want him to leave the forum as a result of an argument with you.

You may dislike ‘Corbyn’s Labour Party’ but that’s a thing of the past, and I don’t actually ‘dislike anything Tory’..I hate bigots and I hate the extreme right. I don’t believe they have a single saving grace and unfortunately I think they have too big an influence on today’s politics...that’s my opinion.

The point is the forum needs to move forward or suffer the fate of the Forest equivalent. It shouldn’t escape anyone’s attention who is the common denominator. That needs to change one way or another.

Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)