+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: “Dinna Bring an Arab Hame Tae Me”

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    You see this is what I don't get, he makes racist video in an airport mocking an Asian man re Coronavirus and gets a £50k fine and a 1 match ban from football. What has this incident got to do with football? He should have been dealt with in the courts. If you or I done this we wouldn't banned from our work for a day we'd be right doon to Bell St then dealt with by the Procurator fiscal.

Wonder if he'll pay his £50k fine a fiver a week.
    This all day long.

I have got a bad feeling about today's demonstration's,i'm not sure why but i think there is gonna be trouble.

There will be GB but i reckon its just the start as well. its swung one way so much and in such a bad way just watch the polar opposite take its opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    If all these TV programmes are so offensive why has there not been demonstrations and riots in the streets until 2020?.Some of them were made over 40 years ago.There is no doubt in my mind that the tail is very much wagging the dog now.

I heard a football player on the radio today saying that a black Pep is out there but he is not getting a chance,i also heard that players names will be removed from their shirts to be replaced by black lives matter instead.

My country was subjugated by a foreign power for hundreds of years,woman were raped and thousands of men,women and children were put to death so can i go and demonstrate and ask Scottish teams to display White Scottish lives matter on the back of their shirts?.

As i keep saying the world has gone mad and i'm not too worried about getting off it,FACT.
    In answer to your first question GB, thankfully the world has evolved over the 40 year period since these programmes were made. Whether people want to accept it or not, it's now officially not OK to be racist. Someone being old and set in their ways is not an acceptable excuse. Statues that were built centuries ago are seen in a different light by modern society. I don't see many people itching to throw out their 65 inch 4k resolution smart TV in order to get back to reading by gaslight, but when it comes to racial discrimination people are happy to hark on about the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    In answer to your first question GB, thankfully the world has evolved over the 40 year period since these programmes were made. Whether people want to accept it or not, it's now officially not OK to be racist. Someone being old and set in their ways is not an acceptable excuse. Statues that were built centuries ago are seen in a different light by modern society. I don't see many people itching to throw out their 65 inch 4k resolution smart TV in order to get back to reading by gaslight, but when it comes to racial discrimination people are happy to hark on about the good old days.
    Whilst i agree with most of what you are saying i still do not agree with TV programmes being removed because a murder took place in the USA.There is no way i'm a racist by the way,i have a black family member who i get on better with than some of my white relation's.

Whilst i agree with most of what you are saying i still do not agree with TV programmes being removed because a murder took place in the USA.There is no way i'm a racist by the way,i have a black family member who i get on better with than some of my white relation's.
    The murder was the straw that broke the camels back GB, its not the sole point of the demonstrations. Black lives matter was a movement already and the latest events have just increased its momentum. However I don't wish to argue and respect your right to express yourself and of course have always found your posts on here to be a valuable commodity 😉, let's just agree to disagree about bygone days 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I got a ban for winding Dees up for how ****e they are, although quickly rescinded. But we have a blatant racist on our board and the answer is just ignore him? No thanks, he needs to be called out for what he is 👍
    sorry but i dont see any blatant racism, until theres any blatant racism he's free to post as he wishes

If all these TV programmes are so offensive why has there not been demonstrations and riots in the streets until 2020?.Some of them were made over 40 years ago.There is no doubt in my mind that the tail is very much wagging the dog now.

I heard a football player on the radio today saying that a black Pep is out there but he is not getting a chance,i also heard that players names will be removed from their shirts to be replaced by black lives matter instead.

My country was subjugated by a foreign power for hundreds of years,woman were raped and thousands of men,women and children were put to death so can i go and demonstrate and ask Scottish teams to display White Scottish lives matter on the back of their shirts?.

As i keep saying the world has gone mad and i'm not too worried about getting off it,FACT.
    good post G

Would not be surprised if a white hun put the BLM slogan on Robert's statue.
    as bad as they are i doubt it, more likely some spotty wee white college drop off antifa tree hugging daft chunt

think thats a low blow arabdownsouth - or maybe you are simply caught up in the disease and euphoria down south. Folk need to get a grip about this racism card as much of what is happening has nothing to do with it but an opportunity to enact violence. Robert the bruce is a racist apparently 300 years before the slave trade started he died

we are lucky in scotland with our views just a shame we have another form of racism called sectarianism to deal with. Nae need to tar scots with a brush we simply dont want.

All lives matter.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)