+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Sutton Utd. 13.10.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I know, it’s a shame. I’ve come to the point where I actually feel pretty bad for these people. They invested so much time and energy in being so anti Ardley that their ego, pride, or stubbornness, is unable to let go. That little knot of resentment festering in their stomachs is what makes them bring things like the Dover game up over and over....and cling onto it until they can say that result had an overall bearing on our season, ignoring the positive moments like last nights late winner.

I’ve come to feel sorry for them actually.
    Bloody hell, is it drama queen day again already? All that happened is that gumpy posted that Dover had lost 0-5 at home and I posted that since beating us they've played 3, lost 3, scored 1 and conceded 12!!! If that's not a missed opportunity to have a 100% start then I don't know what is. I thought it worthy of comment, but somehow Deidre (thanks for that irishpete) sees that as having a twisted agenda!

If we want to put a negative spin on it, it is a missed opportunity. Ever time a team fails to win a game it's a missed opportunity to some extent. It certainly looks that way with their results.

Like I said earlier if we had drawn 0-0 and
    also drawn the Sutton game we would be one point worse off now than we are.

That's a positive spin, and a fact.

"Drama Queen Day" actually happened on the 22nd of September. It was followed by a classic "NCM Mini Meltdown" on the 26th. Obviously both preceded by "Kneejerk Reaction Day" on the 1st of October.

There was some overlapping but if you take a closer look you can separate the three.

Anyone seen Durhampie or KCNotts recently both have gone AWOL since the Alty game. Hmmmm

It's not about putting spin on things, it's about assessing what happened. Even if we had drawn 0-0 to Dover, their results (and goals conceded column) since have showed that would've been a poor result.

I was worried after that game that we hadn't progressed from last season (which came on the back of some poor friendly performances) that we would play too much of a slow sterile passing game and struggle to impose ourselves on teams, something that hindered us last year. Now from the other games I've seen and listened to, I'm actually quite happy with the way Ardley's got them playing, getting the ball forward quickly but in a controlled way that suits our strengths.

So far this season we've won two home games against teams we'd expect to beat, showing some good attacking play. We deservedly won a tricky away game last night against a good team. We also somehow contrived to lose against the division's whipping boys on opening day.

That's not putting any spin on it, that's just telling it how it is. I find it deeply weird that people have a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Bloody hell, is it drama queen day again already? All that happened is that gumpy posted that Dover had lost 0-5 at home and I posted that since beating us they've played 3, lost 3, scored 1 and conceded 12!!!
    Exactly. Someone else also made a joke about them having cut the grass - how dare they.

Then the Kim Jong Un of positive vibes (and a couple of others) got triggered, and here we are again the day after a good result and a positive performance, talking about Ardley and being forced to debate Dover again (it was a crap result, no getting away from that).

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Bloody hell, is it drama queen day again already? All that happened is that gumpy posted that Dover had lost 0-5 at home and I posted that since beating us they've played 3, lost 3, scored 1 and conceded 12!!! If that's not a missed opportunity to have a 100% start then I don't know what is. I thought it worthy of comment, but somehow Deidre (thanks for that irishpete) sees that as having a twisted agenda!
    I honestly didn't mean to suggest owt by posting the score, Eli. Just pointing out that apart from beating us, they've lost every game since then, heavily. *chortle*

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Exactly. Someone else also made a joke about them having cut the grass - how dare they.

Then the Kim Jong Un of positive vibes (and a couple of others) got triggered, and here we are again the day after a good result and a positive performance, talking about Ardley and being forced to debate Dover again (it was a crap result, no getting away from that).
    That's the exact point CF and others have been making but you seem to be missing. Why the hell was anyone brining up the Dover game, 3 games later on the Sutton match thread? 3 games that we won.

Nobody hasn't said it wasn't a crap result. It's just not everyone got so their knickers in such a twist by that one result, that one late goal that caused the latest mini meltdown from the pitchfork carrying yokels. The latest almost instant Ardley Out chant began led by Lance Corporal Jones and his buddies.

One crap result, three good results so far. We should be happy with that start shouldn't we?

Or as mentioned by another are we going to keep referring to the Dover every time we win saying what a missed opportunity that was? If so this is going to be a very long tedious season on NCM.

Why look forward when we can look back and find the one negative result so far this season. That is so NCM lol

"Don't panic, don't panic"

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Hardly smash and grab. Did Slocombe have to make a save?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    another pro ardley fan - get this if ardley promotes us he has only made up for the mess he caused by relegating us

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's the exact point CF and others have been making but you seem to be missing. Why the hell was anyone brining up the Dover game, 3 games later on the Sutton match thread?
    As a guess because he was checking the full time scores, saw that they'd taken another shoeing, and thought people might be interested.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast