+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- MOTD Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by Borg elite View Post
    I have quite rightly been told off, sorry to anyone it bothered. Good night.
    Don't forget Teddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    When you have a lad who thinks the world will end if Notts don't win....
    My lad flirts with Liverpool and all his mates support Lincoln, but when we’re back at ML he’ll be there bless him. I feel quite guilty about it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    My lad flirts with Liverpool and all his mates support Lincoln, but when we’re back at ML he’ll be there bless him. I feel quite guilty about it tbh.
    Mario Bellotelli cost me a fortune. My lad was a Man City fan before he saw the light. Have you seen their ticket prices!

ps. Good on them for supporting their home town team.
    Last edited by Ayeayeskipper; 06-02-2021 at 08:15 PM.

Getting back to that. I can't believe next month will be the anniversary, me and my lad walked out of Meadow Lane.

Just watched MOTD (a couple minutes of the Newcastle v Soton game) for the first time in ages.

Commentator - not for me.

Switched off, won't be revisiting anytime soon.

The most annoying commentator I have heard is the Aussie woman who has been commentating on the Abu Dhabi t10 cricket the last 2 weeks. She clearly doesn't know what she's talking about and has the most annoying accent ever.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    The most annoying commentator I have heard is the Aussie woman who has been commentating on the Abu Dhabi t10 cricket the last 2 weeks. She clearly doesn't know what she's talking about and has the most annoying accent ever.
    Shouldn't have said woman, it is not allowed. Person or commentator will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Just watched MOTD (a couple minutes of the Newcastle v Soton game) for the first time in ages.

Commentator - not for me.

Switched off, won't be revisiting anytime soon.
    Yeah I watched it as well for the first time in a while. Rewound the Newcastle game for the purposes of this thread, because I didn’t catch the name of the commentator. Vicky Sparkes. As bland and inoffensive as every other BBC commentator.

That would be the complaint I would have, other than their gender you can’t really tell one commentator from the next, and that goes for every channel nowadays. Apart that idiot Fletcher on BT and his cretinous sidekick.

Driller;

1) You accused me of calling the maddogslater ***ist, which I haven’t. The OP however(again, either intentionally or unintentionally, you seem to constantly ignore this bit) invited ***ist comments. I don’t think he would have made a similar generic post about a black commentator. Well he might have done, but I hope it would have been deleted. This is a very simple concept.

2) I don’t have any list of ‘acceptable’ criticisms of female commentators. I do however have a list of criticisms which would undoubtedly have only been a made against female commentators in a thread started specifically to criticise an unnamed female commentator commentating on an obscure game on a Sunday evening.

3) Yes, correct the term ‘screechy’ is attributed a lot, but only to a specific male commentator. As I’m sure you’re aware, the commentator in question is the main voice of Nottingham Forest, which may have a lot to do with the criticism that commentator gets on a Notts County forum. If the term ‘screechy’ is has been applied to any other male commentator, I’m happy to have it pointed out to me.
    1) You said there was 'no doubt' that the OP wanted to incite anti-female commentator sentiment. That is an accusation of ***ism, or at least of something.

If he had posted the same thread about a mixed race pundit you say you would want it deleted (I think you mean only if the feedback on said pundit was mixed or negative - if it was universally positive
    I'm sure you wouldn't want it deleted, for the reasons I mentioned in my first post).

How can you simultaneously say that someone's opinion is so wrong and dangerous it should be deleted, but at the same time you weren't accusing him of anything?

2) I'm disappointed you don't have a list of acceptable criticisms as it would have helped you explain your point, and would've at least proved that some thought had gone into this.

I personally think you don't want to go there, either because any criticism you declare is acceptable probably won't be much different from criticisms like 'sounds like she's reading off cue cards' or '‘amateurish’, which you have already called discriminatory, or because you think to criticism is acceptable, which would vindicate my first post.

3) I think the Colin Fray/Forest point only makes sense from the point of view that he is only known by Notts fans is because he works for the local station.

There could be other Colin Frays screeching all over regional commentaries that we never hear. Not many high-pitched screechy commentators make it to national TV or radio because screechy commentators are annoying (maybe only the northern Irish one on 5 Live, who, surprise surprise, I find very irritating), which might explain why Fray is still doing Forest after all these years while someone like Martin Fisher got a national gig.

You said I over complicate things, and maybe that's true, but I think you do too. Do you really think people writing throwaway comments on a football forum think that hard (gender, club affiliations, number and tone of potential replies) before calling a screechy voice annoying?

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    RACISM. Red card please mods, from The Aussies.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast