+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Europe 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Sitting here drinking my Cairn O Mhor ( grand wines ) watching the Open highlights .. what I'm asking myself is why we have this 1mtr social distancing, mask wearing rule being enforced on fitba when it's not applied at golf ??
    Cause the virus doesn’t affect rich, entitled and powerful people. Events like golf, tennis and Ascot, attracts the right kind of fans. Dont get me started on the G7 or UEFA delegates.

No problem these being “test events” to allow Nigel, Farquhar and Giles to attend their favourite sports - got to keep the great unwashed in their place though as they can’t be trusted.

Now, I’ll admit events at Wembley and the hun scum’s destruction of central Glasgow whilst “celebrating” doesn’t do our case any good but still...

The Scottish govt clearly see football, and the Scottish drinking culture as an embarrassment. Now, they may have a point, but it’s not their job to dictate to me and millions of others how and where we can enjoy our leisure time without extremely good justification.

That justification went months ago, yet still it continues - but only because folk are putting up with it.

I bet they can’t believe their luck tbh...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 17-07-2021 at 09:06 PM.

It's exactly my point.
    It has become a selective control issue.

Apparently it’s the grand prix at silverstone today.

So, are they

A/ Having a closed door event?

B/ Allowing in a small number of vaccinated, mask wearing, socially distanced spectators?

or

C/ letting 140,000 spectators in?

If they were letting in 140,000 double vaccinated people then I would have no problem with it.

Just like Pittodrie should be open to all double vaccinated people.

A pain in the arse for the single vaccinated youngsters I agree.

Still not sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Still not sold out.
    Name wonder. It seems like I cannot buy a single ticket. Groups of four in the RDS.

Nothing for sale in the South stand . Which is where my season ticket seats ?

Seems a bit strange , like...............

I suppose if you arranged with another three folk you’ve never met before to meet in the Pittodrie Bar before the game and share out the tickets, that would be another rule adheered to.

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    It's exactly my point.
    It has become a selective control issue.
    It has been for ages - bizarrely people seem perfectly happy with this being the case though 🤔

I’m glad the F1 has a full house - so it should. Lots of the great unwashed there too so maybe a step in the right direction.

The high risk people have been vaccinated. Youngsters are at more risk of getting hit by an F1 car than suffering any ill effects from this virus.

“Cases” actually means more people gaining natural immunity - herd immunity in fact - no bad thing at this stage.

We’ve got to get back to normal - the cure is way worse than the disease now...

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Name wonder. It seems like I cannot buy a single ticket. Groups of four in the RDS.

Nothing for sale in the South stand . Which is where my season ticket seats ?

Seems a bit strange , like...............
    Single tickets are sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Single tickets are sold out.
    I eventually got logged on at 7pm Friday. My Q number was 21625.......... Single seats were sold out then.

So , I would need to buy four tickets and sit shoulder to shoulder with folk from outwith my " bubble" or whatever.

Here's me thinking you could stagger single seats every second seat in a row and staggered every first/third seat . Given we will all be wearing masks etc etc.

Clearly I know nothing about this !!!

Anyway , that saves me the two days off work and the drive up. I'll just watch it on my laptop ?

Shame like.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast