+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: West Ham - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Good, well deserved win, could be one of the most important 3 pts of the season. With all our attacking wide players, a more physical, Viduka type striker, to hold up / bring others in etc, along with Bamford / Gelhardt, things could get tasty up top

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Well chuffed - get in you feckin beauty - good to see the cheaters get beat by a great honest side as well.

I must say though...how the feck did Bowen miss the goal with that last minute chance
    Karma, just desserts for the appallingly bad VAT decision last week.

VAR even!

You talked this week about young players needing to take opportunities like Pascal has - have Lewis Bate and Leo Hjelde demonstrated that to you?
    Pascal confirmed everything that he does every time he plays, Hjelde acted as a left full-back like natural, he defended well, the game wasn't too heavy for him and in the case of Bate he was very dynamic with a lot of contact with the ball, participated a lot so they were contributions that were very important for the victory today.(Why the f take him off than Malaka)
    I rest my case.

I sure hope we have Strujik signed on a long term contract He was great on Antonio He is our best defender on a pure CF. He is a future star

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    You talked this week about young players needing to take opportunities like Pascal has - have Lewis Bate and Leo Hjelde demonstrated that to you?
    Pascal confirmed everything that he does every time he plays, Hjelde acted as a left full-back like natural, he defended well, the game wasn't too heavy for him and in the case of Bate he was very dynamic with a lot of contact with the ball, participated a lot so they were contributions that were very important for the victory today.(Why the f take him off than Malaka)
    I rest my case.

The reason they are playing well is the very reason why they are being brought in at the speed the club feels is right.
    Slowly and getting them mentally as well as physically prepared, there time will come and is near. No rush they will be household names, just takes time. Bad games, fans on there back and injuries from not being quite there yet could ruin there future.
    Leave it out you are like a broken record.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    The reason they are playing well is the very reason why they are being brought in at the speed the club feels is right.
    Slowly and getting them mentally as well as physically prepared, there time will come and is near. No rush they will be household names, just takes time. Bad games, fans on there back and injuries from not being quite there yet could ruin there future.
    Leave it out you are like a broken record.
    Maybe you're right George, but I saw no reason to substitute Rodrigo for Bate. He (Rodrigo) added nothing, was always shaping up to shoot when he should have passed, and was giving Raphina a hard time for not passing when he (Raphina) passed to Klich which was the better choice. Had Rodrigo been less anal about his own prospect to score, he wouldn't have had his ar5e in the way of the shot and we would have won 4 - 2. Bate was altogether more productive and more successful doing what the side needed.

Didn’t see the game mate but it does seem like every game MB makes these choices and changes, which I agree is baffling.
    Maybe he see’s something we don’t, losing concentration etc who knows…I don’t!
    A great moral boosting win on so many different levels, it’s a lot easier debate when we pick up the points! I believe there is going to be a new team shaping up by the time season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Well chuffed - get in you feckin beauty - good to see the cheaters get beat by a great honest side as well.

I must say though...how the feck did Bowen miss the goal with that last minute chance
    Only just back from the game - will post a bit more later but haven’t seen the VAR replays but seemed Bollox at the time and most of the Spammers around me thought so too.

We set up very differently with the ball than I have seen at other games - also played a more sophisticated man marking system like the back end of last season.

Thoroughly deserved three points but god we do not make it easy sometimes.

Gutted for Forshaw and Firpo who were both playing very well.
    Last edited by hopelesslyoptimistic; 16-01-2022 at 06:58 PM.

Antonio is a firking thug, referees need to wise up to him

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)