+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Performances change my mind.
    That old chesnut!

Never been wrong yet have you gru?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    That old chesnut!

Never been wrong yet have you gru?
    Isn't saying "I changed my mind" proof he was wrong.

Got to admit Odoffin hasn't shown much with us. Hope now he can!

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Why would Dan Barlaser commit to another 1 year contract?
    (genuine question btw).
    It's not in his best interests.

The sticking point in this deal appears to be the 40% sell on clause.
    If it's in the rules and regulations that Newcastle can waive the 40% and are prepared to do so then that's all well and good.

My opinion is he will be gone post Watford game and before the end of the month.
    maybe the sticking point was that we were too tight and lacked ambition in paying what Newcastle wanted in the first place, we have a 40% sell on clause so we could buy him cheap. If he goes for nothing at end of the season then the buy cheap and let go for free policy worked out alright. This is another one where you think what would have Peterboro have done.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    maybe the sticking point was that we were too tight and lacked ambition in paying what Newcastle wanted in the first place, we have a 40% sell on clause so we could buy him cheap. If he goes for nothing at end of the season then the buy cheap and let go for free policy worked out alright. This is another one where you think what would have Peterboro have done.
    Don’t think that at all ! Peterborough are no shinning light ! they’re still struggling in league one, if they had made fantastic profits from their transfer dealings they would be in a much better place and league than they presently are ? It’s just a “myth” perpetuated by the ramblings of people like Barry Fry !

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Got to admit Odoffin hasn't shown much with us. Hope now he can!
    Do you really think he was that good on Saturday.? Apart from the goal I don't think he was involved too much.
    if we were to rate all the players who have worn a millers shirt this season I'm guessing his performances would put him in the bottom 5%
    Maybe like some players they need a run of games.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Reports at the time said we paid 300k sale price and a 50% sell on fee for barlaser. Keep him imo

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Don’t think that at all ! Peterborough are no shinning light ! they’re still struggling in league one, if they had made fantastic profits from their transfer dealings they would be in a much better place and league than they presently are ? It’s just a “myth” perpetuated by the ramblings of people like Barry Fry !
    Thank f**k for sense. All the time we hear about P'Boro like they are transfer masters. What league are they in? They are also asking fans to fund renovations on their own stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Thank f**k for sense. All the time we hear about P'Boro like they are transfer masters. What league are they in? They are also asking fans to fund renovations on their own stadium.
    And so say all of us! It wouldn't surprise me if P'boro fans were enviously looking at the way RUFC is run.

The grass is always greener for some people. I guess that's what footy message boards are primarily for...let's the numpties blow off without doing any real damage

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    And so say all of us! It wouldn't surprise me if P'boro fans were enviously looking at the way RUFC is run.

The grass is always greener for some people. I guess that's what footy message boards are primarily for...let's the numpties blow off without doing any real damage
    Well this club envy thing is a bit misleading.

It’s not that we as a club want to be 100% like another, just that we can cherrypick good ideas from other clubs.

Things they do well where we might not

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast