+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathan Jones

Not forgetting our complete w@nker of a chairman, who despite being the only bloke in the room nearly 20 years ago, isn't allowed to make any mistakes whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    One would assume if Leam Richardson was the 'outstanding candidate' and the guy TS had always wanted,then he would have been appointed by now. So even if he does end up landing the job,your post will still be more or less the top and bottom of the situation. I agree about the BS we here in the press about the poor old postman not being able to carry the bundles of CVs to the letterbox and candidates being sat in a waiting room when the receptionist says,''Lord Stewart will see you now''! Utter tripe.

Get what your saying about Richardson he's a free agent so he would have been manager by now it he was TS no. 1 choice. Might still be next manager if we can't reach an agreement for Rowett or Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Not forgetting our complete w@nker of a chairman, who despite being the only bloke in the room nearly 20 years ago, isn't allowed to make any mistakes whatsoever.
    Of course he is allowed to make mistakes. He wouldn’t be human if he didn’t. He’s done a grand job for Rotherham United and the ball is in his court regarding any appointment of a manager whilst ever he is in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by HensonsPRman View Post
    Derby have you not followed this if Jones takes the job he is in breach on his Southampton contract and kisses goodbye to circa £2m Now is that clear to you. No matter how much he wants the job he is not going to do that is he?
    I understand what you are saying, no need to get upset. As stated before, if he has no intention of taking the job why would he have put himself forward, or responded to the enquiry in a positive way. He knows his own situation, he isn't a fool he will know that RUFC are not going to give him the £2m or even 25% of that, so if what you are saying is true (I have no reason to doubt that you believe what you are saying is true) why would he waste his own time and that of RUFC? He wouldn't would he? So something in this whole narrative doesn't stack up. Also how do you have access to his contract to know he is sat on £2m?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Of course he is allowed to make mistakes. He wouldn’t be human if he didn’t. He’s done a grand job for Rotherham United and the ball is in his court regarding any appointment of a manager whilst ever he is in charge.
    Exactly, he is a good chairman and we are lucky to have him, but like the rest of us he isn't perfect and he makes mistakes.

This is how long it took other clubs to replace a manager this season. We are in day 17. Only Millwall has taken longer:

Huddersfield 1 day
    QPR 2 days
    Birmingham 2 days
    Wednesday 9 days
    Bristol City 9 days
    Millwall 19 days

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I understand what you are saying, no need to get upset. As stated before, if he has no intention of taking the job why would he have put himself forward, or responded to the enquiry in a positive way. He knows his own situation, he isn't a fool he will know that RUFC are not going to give him the £2m or even 25% of that, so if what you are saying is true (I have no reason to doubt that you believe what you are saying is true) why would he waste his own time and that of RUFC? He wouldn't would he? So something in this whole narrative doesn't stack up. Also how do you have access to his contract to know he is sat on £2m?
    Derby not falling out with you at all, Jones has been using the PFA to try and broker a settlement on his Southampton contract, the £2m figure is estimate and is based on what is in the public domain about his annual salary at Southampton. It is all about legal pressure if he can show that he has actively been offered jobs it makes his legal claim for restraint of trade stronger and forces Southampton to settle his case. Now the bit I don't know is are we prepared to wait and is there active negotiations going on at the moment to sort his Southampton contract out. Rob Staton obviously believes it's not happening. I know someone at Bristol Rovers who tells me that he is not taking the job there but he is taking the Rotherham job subject to his Southampton settlement. There is a lot of smoke and mirrors in the murky world of football and you have to pick through the different stories to get to the truth, I genuinely do not know if he is taking the Rotherham job, I am being told by people who I trust due to what they have told me in the past to be subsequently shown to be true that he is very much in the frame but the question is can he get his Southampton situation sorted.

Paul Davis in the last few minutes confirming the club are now looking elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by HensonsPRman View Post
    Derby not falling out with you at all, Jones has been using the PFA to try and broker a settlement on his Southampton contract, the £2m figure is estimate and is based on what is in the public domain about his annual salary at Southampton. It is all about legal pressure if he can show that he has actively been offered jobs it makes his legal claim for restraint of trade stronger and forces Southampton to settle his case. Now the bit I don't know is are we prepared to wait and is there active negotiations going on at the moment to sort his Southampton contract out. Rob Staton obviously believes it's not happening. I know someone at Bristol Rovers who tells me that he is not taking the job there but he is taking the Rotherham job subject to his Southampton settlement. There is a lot of smoke and mirrors in the murky world of football and you have to pick through the different stories to get to the truth, I genuinely do not know if he is taking the Rotherham job, I am being told by people who I trust due to what they have told me in the past to be subsequently shown to be true that he is very much in the frame but the question is can he get his Southampton situation sorted.
    thank you, I understand that now. I suppose that would support the fact we are getting little from the club and that we haven't appointed anyone as yet

Wait for the official news. It's turning into groundhog day this thread!

Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast