+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 151 of 301 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

I have to own up to contributing to the flood BT, after a couple of hours in the Prinny Royal before the game, I didn't have much choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I have to own up to contributing to the flood BT, after a couple of hours in the Prinny Royal before the game, I didn't have much choice.
    No wonder my wellies used to rot! All good fun!

I paid a fiver for a blue and white Clitheroe FC one at a pre-season friendly OC, I was going to take it with me to Tuesday nights game but I couldn't find the bloody thing. I wrapped a scarf round my face when walking through the covered section instead.

This smell of Burnley on your mask, not the smell of the old Bee Hole End Gents toilet area I trust.
    Lol, no though I remember going there (pun) in the 50s - usually before, rather than during the game. Eau de End was highly memorable.

Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus and defender Kyle Walker have tested positive for Covid-19.

The players, along with two members of staff, will isolate in accordance with Premier League and government protocol.

City will likely be without the duo for Premier League games against Newcastle United on December 26, Everton two days later and Chelsea on January 3.

Careful if you had lip fillers for Xmas

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-warned.html

Patients who received the Moderna vaccine, which was approved by US regulators last Friday, all had swelling in the area the filler was placed.

Two patients had cheek filler six months before their vaccine and one had lip filler two days after the vaccine. The reactions were quickly resolved with medical attention, Steroids and antihistamines, so it shouldn't stop those with fillers from getting the jab.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Careful if you had lip fillers for Xmas

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-warned.html

Patients who received the Moderna vaccine, which was approved by US regulators last Friday, all had swelling in the area the filler was placed.

Two patients had cheek filler six months before their vaccine and one had lip filler two days after the vaccine. The reactions were quickly resolved with medical attention, Steroids and antihistamines, so it shouldn't stop those with fillers from getting the jab.
    Your latest news does not fill me with any confidence whatsoever OC.

One of our neighbours came to drop in a bit of season's goodwill outside our front door yesterday and was bemused when she learned I would not be having my lip fillers jeopardised.

I despair, post after post, day after day. week after week, month after month, I do my best to expose the liars and cheats, but does all my hard work and honest endeavour bear fruit, not at all, not one little bit, no one takes a blind bit of notice. Feck it, I'm going to bed.
    Stop mithering sinkov, last month, Public Health England's EDSAB-HOME study estimated that 12.9 per cent (with a confidence interval likely between 11.5 and 14.3 per cent) of the English population had T-cell levels and consequent protection – despite never having contracted Covid-19. High whiskey intake increases our T-cell levels, so thee and me are safe.

Looks like good news x for vaccers. If they can find enough people to administer it!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-vaccine.html

Britain could be free of tight Covid restrictions by the end of February, after Ministers pinpointed the 15 million people who would need vaccinations to end the cycles of crippling lockdowns.

With the 'game-changing' Oxford jab expected to be approved within days, the Government hopes that enough doses will soon be available to inoculate those most vulnerable to coronavirus within weeks.

Vaccines Minister Nadhim Zahawi told The Sun that approval would likely be granted on Monday, with plans to roll out jabs to the entire country starting January 4, according to The Telegraph.

Sports stadiums and conference centres would be comandeered to help the effort, with ministers planning to have 2million jab administered within a fortnight.

Once this group has received the vaccine – which some officials hope could be achieved by the end of February – then the NHS would no longer be at risk of being overwhelmed if the virus spread through the greater population. That would remove the main argument for shutting the economy at a stroke.

A source said: 'The path to liberation is finally becoming clear.'

The storm before the calm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55462701

England's "very high" Covid infection level is a "growing concern" as the NHS struggles to cope with rising patient numbers, a health official has said.
    On Monday, a record 41,385 Covid cases and 357 deaths were reported in the UK.
    NHS England said the number of people being treated for the virus in hospital is now 20,426, which is higher than the previous peak of about 19,000 in April.
    Health officials in Wales and Scotland have also said they are at risk of becoming overwhelmed.
    Monday's figure for new cases is the highest daily number reported by the UK government, and the first time the daily total has surpassed 40,000.

Scotland is not releasing data around deaths between 24 and 28 December, while Northern Ireland is not providing either case or death data.
    Hospitals in Wales, Scotland and the south of England have reported rising pressure on their services as the number of Covid patients increases.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    The storm before the calm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55462701

England's "very high" Covid infection level is a "growing concern" as the NHS struggles to cope with rising patient numbers, a health official has said.
    On Monday, a record 41,385 Covid cases and 357 deaths were reported in the UK.
    NHS England said the number of people being treated for the virus in hospital is now 20,426, which is higher than the previous peak of about 19,000 in April.
    Health officials in Wales and Scotland have also said they are at risk of becoming overwhelmed.
    Monday's figure for new cases is the highest daily number reported by the UK government, and the first time the daily total has surpassed 40,000.

Scotland is not releasing data around deaths between 24 and 28 December, while Northern Ireland is not providing either case or death data.
    Hospitals in Wales, Scotland and the south of England have reported rising pressure on their services as the number of Covid patients increases.
    Looks like Project Fear is being ramped up to prepare us for another lockdown. The number of cases is up, what they don't tell you is the number of tests being carried out. The last figure published was a record high of 507,384 on December 23rd, 54,000 up on the day before and 143,000 more tests than a week before. Seek and ye shall find, and they're clearly determined to find a reason for yet another Lockdown.

And in the meantime, the latest figures for Critical Care Bed occupancy rates published on 20th December, shows every NHS region running with a lower occupancy rate then the average for the last three years.

Page 151 of 301 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)