+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 158 of 931 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258658 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 9310

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Whoosh, that one sailed over your head

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Whoosh, that one sailed over your head

And you took the bait as i knew you would!! SIMPLES!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I know a number of people, through extended family, who enjoy life on benefits, much to my disgust. They are all serial benefit claimants for many years.

Let's take one example, my god daughter chose a useless lump for a partner, she keeps going to college to get qualifications for a good job, but never sticks at anything. He loves to spend all day on his play station and going ratting with his 3 dogs. He has been pushed into a number of jobs and forced into being trained for forklift driving but after a few days at all jobs, goes sick for things like, a boil in the bum, and doesn't go back. When they were fed up with their 2 bed apartment they decided to have a second child and now they've got a3 bedroom house and have been picky about that! In addition to the 3 dogs, latest phones, 2 kids, they also can run a car and go to Spain for a holiday.

Yes there are people out there who enjoy benefits.
    They must be really good at managing money to enjoy all that on benefits!! Suspect theres some black market money coming in somewhere!

Of course there are people who play the system, but its not true to say that everyone on benefits has a life of riley, anymore than its true to say all immigrants are *** offenders all businessmen are tax dodgers or all football fans are hooligans!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Swales ( coming to understand that if you voted Leave then facts and reality had no influence on that ) your usual arrogant reply Well I'm not. old Not uneducated Not a Xenophobe. Not a wealthy 50+ all rubbish you've accused people of being I live in Duffield (no immigrant problems) I'm the coowner of a small engineering company in Draycott employing 14 people we work Mon- Friday 16hrs a day over two shifts You would have to see the rules as regulations e get from the EU to believe some of the things we have to put up with Our accountants informed us that 12%of our turn over is being taken up in legal fees paying lawyers to tell us what we can legally do Only last week we had a letter reminding us that the hand wash we have to supply must ccontainn a minimum of 1% Methylchloroisothiazoline so we re paying some idiot in Brussels to come up with this rubbish
    I only give an arrogant reply when someone, as you did posts such utter rubbish, such as that if we did not having immigrants then the people who did the jobs in 2004 would do the jobs that immigrants do now! When its factually NOT true!

I didn't accuse people who voted leave as all 50 plus and wealthy, I said that the leave vote was not just those who were poorer and felt that they weren't getting a fair crack of the whip, a subtle difference!

I know very well that there are an infinite number of rules and regulations that affect business, I also hear people that i do business with exclaim how this will all change wth Brexit and the response is, no it won't! The tendency for regulation is a factor of modern life, its not unique to the EU - you should see some of the rules and regulations one has to comply with to operate in the States as just one example.

Unfortunately you have fallen for the concept that there is a simple answer to a complicated issue - after all as I have said many times before, with perhaps the exception of the Germans, we are a unique country for jobsworths going around enforcing regulations and they don't all come from the EU.

Unfortunately there are many unscrupulous people in this world who will make unsafe products, who will dodge the rules, that results in a burden on all of us but that isn't going to change when we leave the EU and if anyone thinks it is then they are deluded!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    They must be really good at managing money to enjoy all that on benefits!! Suspect theres some black market money coming in somewhere!

Of course there are people who play the system, but its not true to say that everyone on benefits has a life of riley, anymore than its true to say all immigrants are *** offenders all businessmen are tax dodgers or all football fans are hooligans!
    What I'm saying is that people enjoying life on benefits is more common than you claim. In my own personal experience, I know more people who are comfortable on benefits compared to those struggling on benefits, in fact I don't know anyone who is living hand to mouth, who is on benefits, although there are many out there. Maybe I'm not representative of the country as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    What I'm saying is that people enjoying life on benefits is more common than you claim. In my own personal experience, I know more people who are comfortable on benefits compared to those struggling on benefits, in fact I don't know anyone who is living hand to mouth, who is on benefits, although there are many out there. Maybe I'm not representative of the country as a whole.
    Well I do know very many people who are struggling on benefits and far more than one would say are comfortable - it is possible to live an OK life if thats the limits of one ambition on benefits, but nobody can live the life you have described purely on benefits, there has to be an alternative source of income, unless they are on a benefit that I've never heard of.

I don't disagree that its a perverse system that pays people more as a social safety net (which is what benefits are supposed to be) than for them to go out to work.

But just as there are criminals and terrorists amongst immigrants (and of course UK citizens) that does not mean that all immigrants are terrorists and criminals, it is all about perception and whilst that forms peoples views it surely cannot be the basis for a policy for running a country?

Swales you seem to have a selective memory What you actually wrote ( it was the proportion of over 50s wealthy people who havea poinless desire to go back in time which won the BREXIT vote ) 19-11 -2016 now deny it

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Swales you seem to have a selective memory What you actually wrote ( it was the proportion of over 50s wealthy people who havea poinless desire to go back in time which won the BREXIT vote ) 19-11 -2016 now deny it

I don't have to deny it as if you read it you will note the word "proportion" in there nowhere did I say all people over 50 and wealthy voted for Brexit, but a significant proportion of those over 50 and well off did!

Now one could split hairs over who you count as wealthy, and I'd agree that its probably more accurate to say comfortably off, which I'm thinking includes you in that demographic - not that there is anything to criticise when thats been earned by one sown efforts and taking risks (as any business owner does) its just that it wasn't only the poor downtrodden masses who voted leave!

As someone who perhaps represents everything the more extreme Brexiteers despise...slightly left of centre/social conscience/former teacher etc...(although I am hetero***ual and white so might get away with it )...I was beginning to think it was just me - and Swale - who remain wholly opposed to Brexit. Yesterday however I had a guy come round to my house to look at some work that needs doing. Nice man...everything that Brexit is meant to stand for...self employed, small business owner, 'home grown', been doing well for the last few years entirely on the back of hard work, commitment and a thorough understanding of his trade. His take on Brexit, in a conversation which he instigated, 'blooming disastrous...welcome to twenty years of hell.'

I know a lesbian long term unemployed BNP member who voted remain. These things happen

Page 158 of 931 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258658 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)