+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Restart

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Nothing in that youtube report says anything about the ownership of the factory, nor how many peope in total work there, nor the nationality of those who have tested positive.

Not sure what your point was?

What about the paramedic or the Quantas pasenger, were they Chinese (and if so, what of it?)

And since when have we "thought it was safe"? This stuff isnt going to go away until enough people have immunity that it cant infect anyone new, so the sooner we remove some of the restrictions (and hopefully people act with a modicum of common sense), the better.
    thats the trouble WTF, people won't act with a modicum of common sense.You only need to attend a supermarket to see how these idiots behave. The lockdown needs to be kept un place until at least the five things have been achieved.

Some of these elderly seem to be the worst, they've been through the war and think this is nothing, either that or they have this "I haven't got many years left anyway, I might as well take my chances" attitude. One elderly fellow even quoted me that. They don't seem to grasp it, it's not only them, they can easily, and do, infect others, this virus doesn't pick and choose.

NW,

don't disagree with your post. However, curious as to what the end game is on this.

it's the most infection aerosol spread disease we've seen in a century. That vaccine is a year away at at best. Some viruses, such as HIV and some of the corona viruses have never had a vaccine developed.

Therapies are improving but at the end of the day some will die no matter what's done. It's an unforunate fact that once this thing got out of the lab it was going to spread and kill.

In the meantime it's destroyed the economy, and in a weird twist of faith the medical system. Many hospitals and medical clinics are empty and going bankrupt since the only thing being treated is the virus.

How many will die due to other ailments such as Heart, Kidney, liver and other ailments. How many children will die because vaccinations and other routine care has been stopped. Depression, suicide and domestic violence has spiked everywhere.

There is no rational discussion on this matter. It's a one sided mania that we must all hide in our houses until a vaccine is developed. In the meantime millions will die due to other medical and mental issues. These issues don't stop just because some virus broke out of a lab in China.

I also forgot to mention probably the most important thing

I've generally found the elderly (say 75 and over) didn't get that way by being dumbasses or lacking independent thinking. While they have more to lose than any age group death rate wise they also realize that hiding out and giving up all your freedom and control to a government bureaucrat often does not work out well.

we will be exposed to this virus. It's too contangius. The issue will have given up everything economically and medically by the time the government declares it's safe to resume our normal life.
    Last edited by spaldy; 03-05-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Thank you Oz for the complement ..............
    Alibi.com was real fun to watch - glad you enjoyed it too.I know the French have a reputations but the film is bang on.

What do you do for exercise then ?
    Never EVER to old you know.

MOT & HOT (Hobbling on Together)

many a good tune played on an old fiddle.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post

I've generally found the elderly (say 75 and over) didn't get that way by being dumbasses or lacking independent thinking. While they have more to lose than any age group death rate wise they also realize that hiding out and giving up all your freedom and control to a government bureaucrat often does not work out well.

we will be exposed to this virus. It's too contangius. The issue will have given up everything economically and medically by the time the government declares it's safe to resume our normal life.
    Spot on both posts.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Nothing in that youtube report says anything about the ownership of the factory, nor how many peope in total work there, nor the nationality of those who have tested positive.

Not sure what your point was?

What about the paramedic or the Quantas pasenger, were they Chinese (and if so, what of it?)

And since when have we "thought it was safe"? This stuff isnt going to go away until enough people have immunity that it cant infect anyone new, so the sooner we remove some of the restrictions (and hopefully people act with a modicum of common sense), the better.
    Didn't I tell you the news that you go by and not the social circle I do get my info from, I said they didn't tell you which company it was only whereabout it was. If you open your eyes and closely watch the video you will notice the Chinese all over.
    My point is just that you had a go at me for getting my info from social circles rather than news and I'm pointing out what the news does and that tells you f all.
    That's the other thing you keep banging on lifting the restrictions. On one hand, you say once people get immune which won't happen for a long time so therefore why to release the measures in place which have saved so many lives.
    And no people are people and fickle at that. In the state of Queensland, they lifted the beach ban and freakin people everywhere on the beach so how safe is that. People do not listen to either they care.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post

Isn't this virus politically made? What makes you think politicians will help out the normal populations since when have they cared?
    I haven't seen one politician declare they won't be taking a salary till this is contained while thousands upon thousands have lost jobs.
    As with our meat factory those people working in there handling the meat which you may consume how safe is that? They let the pigeon out for the cat once why do it a second time.

One last time and won't comment anymore on this subject called corona.
    People need to understand we created this monster called china.We have given up everything to create them from closing our manufacturing companies and so much more.
    Do people realise that 90% of our medication the components,ingredients come from china? The other 10% comes from india yes 2 countries control your health.Why you may ask well like anything else we closed our own factories given up peoples jobs created problems in our own countries through unemployment so on.
    Politicians have done this all over the world to the betterment of one country which doesn't have human rites are dispicable to it's own people and all they care is power to afew within.
    Do i blame China for this Virus you bet i do. Do i blame China the way they are? No cause we let our politicians make them for what they have become.
    And people been people at least the rich and smart one's are now talking about suing them and are thinking of dollar's instead of saying hold on they make everything but everything what if they stopped suppling us? Suing a power that controls you imao i wonder where this is going to go.
    Anyway stay safe look after your families and get your info from anywhere you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Who is the 25 year old on the wall MRs O?

Practice wall painting ?
    The wall mural was a young biker who sadly died and the 'left hand salute' is a traditional biker salute to other bikers here - he was passionate about Indian motorbikes and owned a custom Indian Scout bike ......... he was also a popular committed sports club member and the mural certainly makes one focus when practicing into giving 100% every time with him watching.
    On the other side of the wall is a caged Racquet ball game court which is mixture of tennis/squash were both players have to hit the ball against a wall to win points.Its good fun and great practice for Beach tennis which is very popular in Brittany played on a small court on the beach using a small bat/racquet,a soft ball which must not be allowed to touch the beach surface - again it's real fun to play.

Exercise ?
    Great to hear your exercising to some degree & keeping your mobility is a plus too.
    A park bench to some has only one purpose but for me our garden bench has many including my 50 daily abdominal crunches with the cat.

Computer games ?
    I spend to much time on computers etc so media games ain't my thing but they are a useful tool for exercising mental health if used properly.

Mental health in lockdown ?
    Not sure how you've coped but it sure ain't easy - my eldest daughter has had serious mental health battles with OCD but has held strong over the lockdown period so I take her 'battles' as real inspiration and just get on with things as families health puts life into perspective for sure.Like your garden my garden is weedless and blooming !
    Elsewhere in our household my Mum who is in her 80's and lives in a flat above our garage is still first up at 7am and last to bed so it ain't effected her ..............
    Take care mate.

MOT

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)