+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t the problem with equality and diversity

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Iran was once a liberal Muslim country, now hardline.

Turkey was liberal Muslim country, now moving hardline.

Brunei, just introduced death penalty for adultery and homo***uality.

Young Muslims in Britain and other Western countries, more religious and conservative than their parents.

Real world evidence suggests your optimism about Muslims becoming "more liberal" is complete nonsense and the opposite is happening.
    'Brunei, just introduced death penalty for adultery and homo***uality.' Funny thing is though is they are only flogging/whipping lesbians caught in the act. Double standards I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    'Brunei, just introduced death penalty for adultery and homo***uality.' Funny thing is though is they are only flogging/whipping lesbians caught in the act. Double standards I say.
    And they are live streaming it to some of those websites I hear adults often visit

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    And they are live streaming it to some of those websites I hear adults often visit
    CAM, you are the all seeing eye, what's these sites then?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Could you point me to where you are getting this "real world evidence" on young Muslims in UK being more conservative than their parents? Happy to read and respond.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...e-radical.html

And could you point out which Muslim countries are becoming "more liberal" then?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Could you point me to where you are getting this "real world evidence" on young Muslims in UK being more conservative than their parents? Happy to read and respond.
    I think he means by observing goings on in the real world, much as you do in your world with no real evidence to back up your views

The left have been saying that Muslims will become "more liberal" for decades but it's impossible as they see the Koran as the literal word of God and therefore immutable.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The left have been saying that Muslims will become "more liberal" for decades but it's impossible as they see the Koran as the literal word of God and therefore immutable.

And here in the UK the followers of Islam are growing and at such a rate it will become the dominant religion.

Such is our system those Muslims will all be voters, members of jurys, councillors and MPs and as such will want to model the world on Islamic principles. This could mean that things we take for granted could disappear, for example the applications to have a sale of alcohol licence.

Thin end of the wedge

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    And here in the UK the followers of Islam are growing and at such a rate it will become the dominant religion.

Such is our system those Muslims will all be voters, members of jurys, councillors and MPs and as such will want to model the world on Islamic principles. This could mean that things we take for granted could disappear, for example the applications to have a sale of alcohol licence.

Thin end of the wedge
    It already is the dominant religion, in reality most "Christians" in the UK are actually agnostic or atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Thin end of the wedge
    I take it then you are not a big proponent of FDR and "that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself"?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I think he means by observing goings on in the real world, much as you do in your world with no real evidence to back up your views
    Where am I making great claims of anything other than people are just getting on with their lives? I don't have a theory other than lots of people have moved around the world for better lives, to live and work. How is that a theory of claim requiring evidence? What kind of book would I look to? You're the ones with the conspiracy theories. Back them up with real facts to be taken seriously.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast